Resolved Let's Figure Out Why Crystal's Profile Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Just trying to sort things out, because I'm stumped.

I went to the dev board and found that if I disable all add-ons and then enable them one at a time, I don't run into the issue until I activate any of the following add-ons:

-XenAddons Pickem
-s9e/MediaSites
-PWA (DigitalPoint)
-Editor & BB Code Manager
-Advanced BbCode pack

As far as I can tell, they have NOTHING in common...so...yeah...I'm stumped.

Anyone feel like shooting some ideas to try?

:thinking

Solution
YES!

1713230649458.png

Crystal, you have a working profile page again.

I did start out by just deleting TD's post, but that was not actually the cause.

1713230368440.png

I then just went nuts and deleted everything from your profile, and it now loads.

I will start going back through and undeleting them one-by-one until I find the fucky one.
So, this isn't like noteworthy or anything. The display is the display and all that.

But I can "break" that PM page by having a post draft with enough images/emojis in it to go over the limit.

Like the images themselves are not posted, are not visible (since I always have BB Code toggled off), but the fact that they are theoretically "there"/stored is enough to cause the page to not load.

Remove the draft, and the page works again.

I think this means that, hypothetically speaking, you can soft-threadban yourself by just having 3,000-ish emojis in a saved draft. 😂

*Jack the Ripper, found at the scene of multiple crimes.*

Crystal: Jack is amazing.
He was just misunderstood.

She can fix him!!

:rofl

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
inb4 4 mini TD's appear on the scene.
4!?
FOUR!?

Screaming Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey @Crystal, got some things to try at some point:

- **Check Server Logs**: Review PHP and server error logs to find any critical errors that correlate with the times the blank pages occur.
- **Increase PHP Memory Limit**: Adjust the memory limit settings in `php.ini` file to allow scripts to use more memory.
- **Increase Max Execution Time**: Also in the `php.ini` file, increase the `max_execution_time` setting to give scripts longer to run before timing out.
- **Optimize Image Loading**: Confirm lazy loading enabled for images so that only images in the viewport or about to enter the viewport are loaded.
- **Check Browser Console**: Check for JavaScript errors or network issues that prevent resources from loading properly.
- **Update XenForo and Addons**: Ensure that XenForo and all installed addons or custom themes are up to date and compatible with each other.

I think I can get at the ini files, but I'll have to check tomorrow. 🤔

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey @Crystal, got some things to try at some point:

- **Check Server Logs**: Review PHP and server error logs to find any critical errors that correlate with the times the blank pages occur.
- **Increase PHP Memory Limit**: Adjust the memory limit settings in `php.ini` file to allow scripts to use more memory.
- **Increase Max Execution Time**: Also in the `php.ini` file, increase the `max_execution_time` setting to give scripts longer to run before timing out.
- **Optimize Image Loading**: Confirm lazy loading enabled for images so that only images in the viewport or about to enter the viewport are loaded.
- **Check Browser Console**: Check for JavaScript errors or network issues that prevent resources from loading properly.
- **Update XenForo and Addons**: Ensure that XenForo and all installed addons or custom themes are up to date and compatible with each other.

I think I can get at the ini files, but I'll have to check tomorrow. 🤔
I'm not sure we can with the VPS, but if you can get to the ini files, absolutely give it a go!

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm not sure we can with the VPS, but if you can get to the ini files, absolutely give it a go!
I found the override within the PHP settings.

I increased max execution time from 30s to 45s, and the memory limit from 128M to 256M.

Guess we'll see if it has any impact...

Edit: Well your profile page is still whiter than I am, so initial results say no. I wonder if rebuilding caches now would do anything though...

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
See? It's me and sucking more than Alu that broke it.
Is... Is that what all the white is from? Could you try swallowing?

(jk ilu)
So in an interesting plot twist...

It actually loaded for me initially, then when I tried to swipe down it went white.

I'm on the mobile app.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+
Hmm... I did temporarily up it to 60s execution time but I got a white page still, so put it back to 45. Maybe... Higher?

I mean setting the timeout higher, not you @TD.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Well stopped diddling with just the tip on server changes and whacked the full thing in, setting execution time to 120s and memory limit to 512M.

Only thing I noticed was an actual "you fucked up the server, bud" message temporarily, but it cleared to the regular white.

I need to find where the actual php error log lands.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Okay my idea failed.

But.

Where do posts to a profile actually GO?

Like I can't find my posts to Crystal's profile through the Posting section on my page but it even shows my own PMs in there.

It must go somewhere?

I was going to try deleting my posts.

EDIT: I found my singular post but I can't delete it from here. Is there another place to delete this from other than profile posts?

1000011836.jpg

Also there are 8 pages worth of profile posts. Maybe with an external way to clean up, can at least access?

Last edited:

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Okay my idea failed.

But.

Where do posts to a profile actually GO?

Like I can't find my posts to Crystal's profile through the Posting section on my page but it even shows my own PMs in there.

It must go somewhere?

I was going to try deleting my posts.

EDIT: I found my singular post but I can't delete it from here. Is there another place to delete this from other than profile posts?

View attachment 13535

Also there are 8 pages worth of profile posts. Maybe with an external way to clean up, can at least access?
There are separate tables for profile posts and comments.

I could certainly delete them straight out of the database, if we want to try the nuclear option.

Deleting all of @TD's posts, BRB.

Last edited:

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
It may be a legit thing to try, just removing some content from the posts in her profile. I'll give it a go when not on mobile... At least to remove images. 🤔

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
YES!

1713230649458.png

Crystal, you have a working profile page again.

I did start out by just deleting TD's post, but that was not actually the cause.

1713230368440.png

I then just went nuts and deleted everything from your profile, and it now loads.

I will start going back through and undeleting them one-by-one until I find the fucky one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom