• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Resolved Let's Figure Out Why Crystal's Profile Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Just trying to sort things out, because I'm stumped.

I went to the dev board and found that if I disable all add-ons and then enable them one at a time, I don't run into the issue until I activate any of the following add-ons:

-XenAddons Pickem
-s9e/MediaSites
-PWA (DigitalPoint)
-Editor & BB Code Manager
-Advanced BbCode pack

As far as I can tell, they have NOTHING in common...so...yeah...I'm stumped.

Anyone feel like shooting some ideas to try?

:thinking

Solution
YES!

1713230649458.png

Crystal, you have a working profile page again.

I did start out by just deleting TD's post, but that was not actually the cause.

1713230368440.png

I then just went nuts and deleted everything from your profile, and it now loads.

I will start going back through and undeleting them one-by-one until I find the fucky one.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Hey look I figured... something out!

If I open your profile normally, it's just a white page.

If I load your profile in a private/incognito tab, it loads perfectly fine.

If I log out, and then open your profile normally - all in the same tab - then it also loads perfectly fine.

So it's something to do with things that can only be viewed/seen while you're logged into an account.

:thinking

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Do profile posts have a post number?

Wondering if it's a certain post and you can check by links to narrow it down or something.

But also I'm high and if this makes zero sense I'm sorry ahead of time.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Not being able to see your profile does not help with this any. Shocking revelation, I know. :chuckle

Do profile posts have a post number?

Wondering if it's a certain post and you can check by links to narrow it down or something.

But also I'm high and if this makes zero sense I'm sorry ahead of time.
They do, yeah. Click on the date and it'll show - like the first one on your profile is #244.

I was thinking maybe it's just a simple formatting error on one of the elements found on her profile posts, but... without being able to see said profile posts, uh, that's not really doable. :chuckle

• Hmm
Reactions: TD
No, as in awesome!
You Can Do It GIF by The Woobles

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I am assuming that somewhere, there is an IF condition that's saying "user_id > 1" instead of "user_id >= 1".

I've been trying to dig through the templates and addons code to find anywhere that might be the case, but haven't identified anything yet.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Uuugh. I went through the /addons/xenMania/Character/BbCode/Callback.php file and added in null exception-handling, but it still didn't fix it.

@Crystal You might want to try updating the s9e/MediaSites addon to the latest version. I'm not on the XF license so I can't download any of the addons, but I'm thinking that's what's being used for the D&D replacement, and there's probably something that's changed within s9e/MediaSites that broke it... Maybe. I'd at least give updating a shot, and then if we can rebuild the templates without fucking them all up, we should try that too.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Uuugh. I went through the /addons/xenMania/Character/BbCode/Callback.php file and added in null exception-handling, but it still didn't fix it.

@Crystal You might want to try updating the s9e/MediaSites addon to the latest version. I'm not on the XF license so I can't download any of the addons, but I'm thinking that's what's being used for the D&D replacement, and there's probably something that's changed within s9e/MediaSites that broke it... Maybe. I'd at least give updating a shot, and then if we can rebuild the templates without fucking them all up, we should try that too.
Sorry, I have no idea how I missed this, but I've updated that add-on. It was already updated on dev, so I knew it wouldn't solve the issue, but at least it's one more up-to-date :D

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
No solution to this yet, but I noticed the first page of my D&D campaign is doing the same thing, blank page.

I thought to check the debugger and there are some consistent warnings on every page.

1712903038259.png

Also on the ones that load in blank, it's stating they're in Quirks mode, which would probably be caused by <!DOCTYPE html> not being at the top of the code... I think this is the reason why those pages aren't loading, because CSS is one of the things that doesn't necessarily work under Quirks mode.

1712902958313.png

I think the D&D thread not working is a more recent thing, however I've tried rolling back the recent adjustments I'd made to the app_user_banners.less and extra.less templates, and it doesn't fix the issue.

@Crystal I haven't dug around to try to find any settings around iconify yet. I do feel it's probably something to do with Font Awesome since those .less sheets are so finicky. I've gotta force myself to go to bed since it's 2:30 and I've got to be up in 4.5 hours... But I'll try digging into these errors tomorrow when I have free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom