NSFW Lawsuit Accuses Vince McMahon of Sex Trafficking and Sexual Assault

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'd argue this is worse.

Being asked to what extent he knew about the allegations and answering with the equivalent of "I'd rather you look at this giant stack of cash" is brutal.

I agree, but my point is that it’s just a generic ass plastic corporate answer that means nothing and tells nothing. It’s not a smart move if he plans on being the face of the company now… if those stacks of cash is all they’re worried about, it’d be smarter just to throw Vince under the bus and hold him fully accountable for his actions. Dismissing a conversation because it’s uncomfortable to have is understandable for a teenager, but when you’re a grown ass man taking the reigns of a multi-billion (or is it back to multi-million now?) business, you can’t tip-toe around this kinda shit and expect to stay in business long or have a dignified reputation within it. If Paul, Stephanie, and the others weren’t aware, say it. If they were, own up to it and hold Vince accountable. SHOW the consumer that you as a businessman know how to get out of a situation like this properly.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yeah, I agree. I think he set out to give a clean corporate answer and all he did was prove he's not that guy.

Would have been smart to have Nick Khan out there with him, but they want to try and prove that HHH is a full Vince replacement in the business sense.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah, I agree. I think he set out to give a clean corporate answer and all he did was prove he's not that guy.

Would have been smart to have Nick Khan out there with him, but they want to try and prove that HHH is a full Vince replacement in the business sense.

From what I’ve heard, it seems like Khan may have been the more appropriate choice anyway. He seems more business-oriented, and he’s not as close to Vince. People are gonna look at any answers Paul gives with a side-eye, even if him and Vince aren’t close, and even if he had nothing to do with the events, simply because of the proximity Paul has to the family.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Always made more sense to me to have a business guy like Khan in charge of the business and just have HHH focus on creative.

But that company has only ever known the cult of personality method of running the show.

Of course, because it’s not like it’s a blue-collar circuit like the old days. There’s no redeeming quality about having a retired wrestler as the face of a corporation, it doesn’t have the same optics as having one as the face of a federation did.

That would be like having someone who registered a day before GW closed opening up this place, or having a beer guy take up a chair on the board of a baseball team, it just doesn’t make sense to have someone so adjacent to the business side of things be involved in the day to day operations, let alone involved in these kind of deep issues.

But that company has only ever known the cult of personality method of running the show.
That's all WWF/E have ever known since VKM took the reins in 1983, starting with his virtual raping of almost every single territory to his ruthlessness agst. Jim Crockett over which event would go on PPV (Starrcade vs. WrestleMania), to the myriad of scandals to all the botched/horrible/etc. storylines and angles they've had.

He's run that promotion as if it was his own personal fuckdom and only now, after he gets the big sponsors and the Bonesaw McGee money are they turfing him out...my question atm is, "Who else will get turfed out over these allegations?"

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Triple H: We had an amazing week. My father-in-law was outed as a bigger perverted monster than we knew he was, several high ranking employees and SUPERSTARS were implicated as equally disgusting, we lost some major sponsors and if the NDA gets thrown out there could be serious legal consequences for those people. BUT look! Billions of Netflix dollars! Whoo!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Triple H: We had an amazing week. My father-in-law was outed as a bigger perverted monster than we knew he was, several high ranking employees and SUPERSTARS were implicated as equally disgusting, we lost some major sponsors and if the NDA gets thrown out there could be serious legal consequences for those people. BUT look! Billions of Netflix dollars! Whoo!

I get the intent… to put separation in between WWE as a whole and WWE as a hole, but you can’t ignore the elephant in the room.

Brock has been away from WWE since last summer and was expected to return in the Royal Rumble match, to presumably set up a program for WrestleMania 40. But Lesnar was reportedly pulled from Royal Rumble plans very late in the week, following the horrific allegations made in the Vince McMahon sex trafficking lawsuit. In the short-term, there's a decent chance Lesnar will be kept away from WWE for enough time where he misses WrestleMania 40. In the long-term picture, it's possible this is the end of Brock Lesnar's WWE career.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Triple H is good at the creative side of things - I mean, look at how he worked with NXT for instance - but he's way too damn close to VKM to be involved in the business side of WWE.
I can't speak to the current product, but when I watched NXT somewhat religiously, he was very weak at the week-to-week booking, but the match quality of the PPVs was so high that you forgot how pedestrian the storylines were.

Not saying he didn't have some banger storylines, but it was typically just one hot storyline and a lot of good ass matches.

I can't speak to the current product, but when I watched NXT somewhat religiously, he was very weak at the week-to-week booking, but the match quality of the PPVs was so high that you forgot how pedestrian the storylines were.

Not saying he didn't have some banger storylines, but it was typically just one hot storyline and a lot of good ass matches.
Agreed; while the storylines were weak during that period, the in-ring product was really really good.
Good wrestling will often times trump a weak angle any day of the week.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Is he Hogan-caliber legendary to where the people they’d piss off by having him come back wouldn’t be matched by the people that would tune in to see him on-air again? I’m not familiar enough with his career, but we’ve seen Hogan get away with some shit and waltz back on many times.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
NXT felt like a vastly superior show to Raw and SmackDown at the time, but yeah, taht could be rose coloured glasses speaking.

Triple H is good at the creative side of things - I mean, look at how he worked with NXT for instance - but he's way too damn close to VKM to be involved in the business side of WWE.
Very true.
I get the intent… to put separation in between WWE as a whole and WWE as a hole, but you can’t ignore the elephant in the room.
Nope, it needs to be addressed, but absolutely NOT like that, lol.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Is he Hogan-caliber legendary to where the people they’d piss off by having him come back wouldn’t be matched by the people that would tune in to see him on-air again? I’m not familiar enough with his career, but we’ve seen Hogan get away with some shit and waltz back on many times.
I hope not. He's more of a nuisance that keeps coming back, imo...

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I hope not. He's more of a nuisance that keeps coming back, imo...

I remember when he first started they were kinda trying to bill him like he was gonna be the next big thing, but beyond sporadically seeing him his on tv the first year or so, I don’t really know much about him.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I remember when he first started they were kinda trying to bill him like he was gonna be the next big thing, but beyond sporadically seeing him his on tv the first year or so, I don’t really know much about him.
Basically he's big, muscular and boring as hell. Except now he also has a ponytail, so...yay?

He's what Hulk Hogan would've been had Hogan not been the entertainer in the ring that he was. While Hogan's movesets weren't the best by any description, it was how he performed in the ring, the buildup to his great matches (like agst. Andrew at WM3) and so forth that ensured that, barring something outright criminal, he'd always have a place at Titan Tower.

Lesnar's just in it for the dollars and he's admitted as much so no, Brock Lesner isn't Hogan-caliber.

"BROCK LESNAR!! OMG!!"
Oh-My-God-NEW2.jpg

Channeling your inner Joey Styles, huh, babe? ;)

From the comments...
(1) The irony here is Vince spent decades supposedly taking pro wrestling out of "the wilderness" and into the realm of entertainment, according to him. And now, through his own actions, he's taken people outside the industry's mindsets on it right back to where they were 40 years ago.

(2) So far we've only just been hearing the allegations that one person was subject to and/or knew about. I guarantee there are decades of Vince's abominable behaviour that have been suppressed because he had the power and money to make them go away. Like, if you thought what you're hearing now is bad, you're correct, but you're probably not even ready for the oceans of abuse that could come pouring out now that the floodgates are open.

(3) What needs to be addressed is pg. 6. That complaint is alleging the internal investigation was a sham. This is allegation of a cover-up.
That last comment got me thinking...wasn't there an internal investigation done over this and if so, was it a legit investigation or an internal cover your ass?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

From the comments...That last comment got me thinking...wasn't there an internal investigation done over this and if so, was it a legit investigation or an internal cover your ass?

I can’t imagine it was a legitimate investigation… they’d be fools to try to bury an incident like that in today’s times. Years ago? I’m sure he got away with all kinds of stuff, but I’d also venture to bet that his behavior also escalated as the years went on. That kind of escalation is typical with sexual predators that get away with their actions for prolonged periods of time.

I can’t imagine it was a legitimate investigation… they’d be fools to try to bury an incident like that in today’s times. Years ago? I’m sure he got away with all kinds of stuff, but I’d also venture to bet that his behavior also escalated as the years went on. That kind of escalation is typical with sexual predators that get away with their actions for prolonged periods of time.
I agree, on all those parts.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Forget Bret the (s)hitman Hart, I'd love to know what the Heartbreak Kid has to say....
Oh that's easy:

They make Vince hot
He pays for dinner,
He takes a leak,
And drops a load of brown.
They hear him talk,
That stupid walk,
Vince makes them feel, like they are canines
Vince is a sex fiend boy,
He loves his sex toys (sex toys)
He is a sex fiend boy
He loves his sex toys (sex toys)

Damn right he knew all about it and probably cheered him on, boys club!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
More Fallout:

To try and distract everyone away from the Vince stories, WWE has completely blown up their big Wrestlemania main event plans that looked to be a coronation of new top star Cody Rhodes...and instead plugged in the Rock as a sort of "jingling keys" strategy while simultaneously pissing off a large number of fans.

Possibly related:

ESPN has suddenly expanded their wrestling coverage section to include AEW.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
More Fallout:

To try and distract everyone away from the Vince stories, WWE has completely blown up their big Wrestlemania main event plans that looked to be a coronation of new top star Cody Rhodes...and instead plugged in the Rock as a sort of "jingling keys" strategy while simultaneously pissing off a large number of fans.

Possibly related:

ESPN has suddenly expanded their wrestling coverage section to include AEW.

This makes me wonder if Netflix is gonna end up reneging on their deal… they’re ALL about that inclusivity stuff, so I can’t imagine they’re going to be thrilled about signing a big deal with a corporation with that kind of trouble circling it.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
This makes me wonder if Netflix is gonna end up reneging on their deal… they’re ALL about that inclusivity stuff, so I can’t imagine they’re going to be thrilled about signing a big deal with a corporation with that kind of trouble circling it.
IIRC Netflix has a pretty healthy opt-out built into the deal and can bail as quickly as...well as quickly as they do on most of their other shows.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
IIRC Netflix has a pretty healthy opt-out built into the deal and can bail as quickly as...well as quickly as they do on most of their other shows.

Of course they do, that practice began as soon as they began pandering to every marginalized group that they could exploit with a new series. They can’t afford to have anyone come after them for more than their price hikes without cutting into their subscriber base, and with all of the overlap in content, it’s not exactly easy for them to avoid ruffling feathers.

WWE has completely blown up their big Wrestlemania main event plans that looked to be a coronation of new top star Cody Rhodes
The happiest people in wrestling right this instant are Tony Khan and Chris Jericho because with everyone's attention focused on Vinny Mac, there's no oxygen left for the allegations that surrounded Jericho as of late.
and instead plugged in the Rock as a sort of "jingling keys" strategy while simultaneously pissing off a large number of fans.
If Reigns vs. Rock is WM 40's main event.... :puke
Its' bad enough that yet again WWE is pushing one of their Creator's Pets in the main event, but giving him a company man to wrestle against (no disrespect to Rock but even w/his history and accomplishments what does he offer again to Reigns other than another W on Reigns' belt?) doesn't help anyone - the Rock's a part-timer now so we know he ain't getting the belt, and Reigns is one of WWE's resident Creator's Pets (the other being John Cena) so.... :shrug

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The happiest people in wrestling right this instant are Tony Khan and Chris Jericho because with everyone's attention focused on Vinny Mac, there's no oxygen left for the allegations that surrounded Jericho as of late.
Eh, Jericho's still cooked. He has been getting zero reaction ever since the rumors started.

Back
Top Bottom