NSFW Lawsuit Accuses Vince McMahon of Sex Trafficking and Sexual Assault

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
True, but ever since Vinny Mac stepped in it (figuratively speaking) Jericho has to be breathing a sigh of relief...

That’s really anyone in that position hope for. Look at the speed of the news circuit nowadays with the internet and social media… huge stories are forgotten days later all the time.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
And given that Jericho spent years wrestling in WWE, he might know a thing or two about Vinny Mac's predilections...

Absolutely. I’m a firm believer that people like him, Hogan, and others don’t get to come and go as they have without having some degree of leverage over McMahon. He’s an egotistical guy, so it’s only natural that he’d only yield to people that can damage his image. Look no further than all of the young talent that got blacklisted, they never got close enough to see the dirt, so they were easily neutralized.

Absolutely. I’m a firm believer that people like him, Hogan, and others don’t get to come and go as they have without having some degree of leverage over McMahon. He’s an egotistical guy, so it’s only natural that he’d only yield to people that can damage his image. Look no further than all of the young talent that got blacklisted, they never got close enough to see the dirt, so they were easily neutralized.
Its' wrestling's version of Mutually Assured Destruction.

Saw this over on the Cult of Cornette sub-Reddit, @VashTheStampede....

Jim talked about Dusty being humiliated, but now I'm seeing Goldust as Vince's attempt at humiliating Dustin, but then he shockingly got over and then Vince started burying him.

It always made me wonder why Vince buried DDP after that huge pop of him appearing in the WWF, how over he was, then feeding him to the Undertaker for a squash.

I also remember the stories and documentation about Warrior and how he threatened to no-show and Vince gave into his demands because his father taught him to do anything he could to get the show to go forward then deal with it later. Warrior wanted more money, Vince paid him, then after the show, fined and suspended him and shittalked him in a letter after he gave in prior and buttered warrior's ass. It makes me think he paid Grant the 1 million just to get the NDA and silence and never intended to pay the rest.

I'm wondering if some wrestlers who were involved in Vince moving them around like action figures are thinking about how they may have been moved around now based on Vince's disorders and fetishes. Meanwhile, it seems now like Mr. McMahon wasn't as much of a character as it was the real Vince.

I also have to include how disturbing this is and I really can't wrap my head around it and this whole thing is really bugging me because it may have been in plain sight to the point we all kind of saw it unfold as McMahon was unraveling over years and destroying lives in his worklife and his personal life that was mixed in with work. I'm glad we kind of have a place to talk about it without starting to shit on one another or get hung up on using the wrong words or expressing ourselves wrong when it isn't possible to have the right words, right amount of words, or right reaction to something so fucking horrible.
...and it got me thinking (yeah, Vash, I know: Webster thinking is a bad thing, but still...) all these times Vince humilitated someone and did all the creepy-ass stuff on-air that he did...was he flaunting his depravity in front of the world, daring them to try calling him out in a sort of "You come after me, I'll come after you" MAD strategy of sorts?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Saw this over on the Cult of Cornette sub-Reddit, @VashTheStampede....

...and it got me thinking (yeah, Vash, I know: Webster thinking is a bad thing, but still...) all these times Vince humilitated someone and did all the creepy-ass stuff on-air that he did...was he flaunting his depravity in front of the world, daring them to try calling him out in a sort of "You come after me, I'll come after you" MAD strategy of sorts?

Yeah, I’m glad to see people dissecting stuff the same way we are here. Makes us look less cynical. The more that comes out, the more the attitude era and what led into it makes sense.

I can only wonder how his defense is going to try and play this when it inevitably hits a courtroom… I’d be willing to put money on him alluding to method acting and falling into character or some asinine bullshit completely devoid of even a shred of accountability.

how any human being can think it's ok to treat another human being in that fashion...
It's easy when you don't see some people as human.

Easier to fight in a war against another army of humans when you see them as sub human. Easier to feel comfortable enslaving people when you see them as sub human. Easier to treat another human like garbage when you see them as sub human.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
It's easy when you don't see some people as human.

Easier to fight in a war against another army of humans when you see them as sub human. Easier to feel comfortable enslaving people when you see them as sub human. Easier to treat another human like garbage when you see them as sub human.
It's sad that it's so easy to teach others how to reach that level. I've been on the receiving end of irrational hatred, I'm sure most of us have for one reason or another at this point, but the fact it's so easily taught is terrifying and disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom