It's so hot

I did drop you in the snow once! And yes, it is very rural. I grew up in what I thought was a small town, with about 10,000 people, multiple farms, etc. Visiting you was quite a different experience!
That’s like the combined number of students in my high school and my wife’s high school combined (when we attended)

random bagels
I love it when you just find bagels like that
National Bagel Day GIF by BagelNet

I just checked and it's currently 18 out. That's nice.

Somer doesn't even want to wear her sweater when she goes out. Maybe we should all get double thick undercoats.
Dude, a sweater is only gonna do so much if she’s buried up to her snout in snow. Y’all still got stuff on the ground up there?

IMG_6034.jpeg

This is the present situation here.

And this is @VashTheStampede when he gets home after conveniently getting sent to the walk-in right before end of shift:

IMG_6030.jpeg

Dude, a sweater is only gonna do so much if she’s buried up to her snout in snow. Y’all still got stuff on the ground up there?
It snowed here yesterday, but then warmed up and rained lightly so it has a crunchy layer on top. We're too far east to have gotten too much, only a few inches here this time.

Still, she fucking loves the snow and hops around like a bunny in it.

Today's weather here is fun. This morning its 19 and feels like 9. Which is stupid cold for here. Most people just don't have the proper clothing for this temp. It rarely gets to 32 and that's normally overnight. It will be 45 by 2pm today.

1 time growing up my dad had to go do some kind of quick patch job in Ohio during spring break so I went with him. He was a welder. We stopped by a friend/coworkers house that lived near there off what I assume was a major highway to help with something. There was all of these cars just driving in a row down this road, so I asked what was up. The guy said, it's warm so they are all going to the beach for the weekend. It was 65 degrees. I still think that dude had to have been messing with me.

Today's weather here is fun. This morning its 19 and feels like 9. Which is stupid cold for here. Most people just don't have the proper clothing for this temp. It rarely gets to 32 and that's normally overnight. It will be 45 by 2pm today.

1 time growing up my dad had to go do some kind of quick patch job in Ohio during spring break so I went with him. He was a welder. We stopped by a friend/coworkers house that lived near there off what I assume was a major highway to help with something. There was all of these cars just driving in a row down this road, so I asked what was up. The guy said, it's warm so they are all going to the beach for the weekend. It was 65 degrees. I still think that dude had to have been messing with me.
I'm gonna see if I can find the picture of me with the ice beard.

I did try out my New York coat and thermal leggings this morning and they worked really well. I did learn I need a hat. At the very least something to cover up the bar in my ear because that getting cold this morning was very uncomfortable.
Good call. It's 6° outside right now, 0° with wind chill.

Im Ready GIF by Apple TV+

We got dumped on with snow yesterday. Definitely had a grand old time sliding through plowed snow built up in intersections while going to get the youngest from daycare.

The mornings have been around 16-19°F. Giving my daughter a hot water bottle for the car ride is about the only way I can get her to leave the house.

1705513794436.png

I did try out my New York coat and thermal leggings this morning and they worked really well. I did learn I need a hat. At the very least something to cover up the bar in my ear because that getting cold this morning was very uncomfortable.
Oh gods I didn't think about the effect on piercings

1000004259.jpg

My view from the front door. Not all that deep, but annoying enough.

1000004263.gif

Bonus cold neighbor cat toe beans.

1000004269.jpg

Cold is dumb. It's so cold, the keypad to open my garage door won't work.

Last edited:

Dude, you’re definitely gonna want to have those ears covered. Thermals are also a great start. Don’t skimp on comfortable shoes and socks either, especially if you plan on spending a bit of time on foot exploring.

Oh gods I didn't think about the effect on piercings

It's not that serious as long as they're not fresh piercings. Aside from the "holy shit, that's cold" realization when one of the rings/bars touches you, it's all good.

Dude, you’re definitely gonna want to have those ears covered. Thermals are also a great start. Don’t skimp on comfortable shoes and socks either, especially if you plan on spending a bit of time on foot exploring.

It's not that serious as long as they're not fresh piercings. Aside from the "holy shit, that's cold" realization when one of the rings/bars touches you, it's all good.
I got the feet all good with my Teva shoes. They are technically camping shoes. I'm a barefoot person. My toes need room! They do not do well in a lot of shoes that squish your feet. Which by the way, is bad for your feet. Anyways, they are super confortable to me and also really warm shoes because they are built for camping. I could walk in them all day and not have an issue.

Vash thinks they are ugly shoes though...

I have an industrial bar that goes through my ear twice. I often forget about it. I was planning on having a hat anyways because its smart for keeping warm and smart for helping protect my curly hair from the cold. Also hats for woman should make a comeback. I think I'm going to buy a cute fluffy hat. I probably shouldn't get one with built in cat ears....

I got the feet all good with my Teva shoes. They are technically camping shoes. I'm a barefoot person. My toes need room! They do not do well in a lot of shoes that squish your feet. Which by the way, is bad for your feet. Anyways, they are super confortable to me and also really warm shoes because they are built for camping. I could walk in them all day and not have an issue.

I have an industrial bar that goes through my ear twice. I often forget about it. I was planning on having a hat anyways because its smart for keeping warm and smart for helping protect my curly hair from the cold. Also hats for woman should make a comeback. I think I'm going to buy a cute fluffy hat. I probably shouldn't get one with built in cat ears....

The worst one for me is being sick, mouth-breathing, and my tongue ring. That damn thing gets COLD and quick.

My wife loves fleece-lined leggings. If you don’t have a pair, you should get a couple for when you come up

Back