1. Zidane - awesome
2. Cloud - fraud but has a giant sword
3. Squall - awesome fighter, frustrating personally

Fight me

Id go

Squall

Zidane

Cloud

Squall is frustrating, but he goes through some good growth and his personality makes sense based on his past. Zidane is fun. Cloud I just find boring

Reactions: TD
I'm fully aligned with Quagmire on protagonist rankings, that order of rankings also coincidentally lines up with my rankings of the games.

I loved VIII (aside from the Draw system).

I think 9 is the best out of them

I go back and forth between is 7 or 8 better. I feel like I liked 8 more after playing 8 and that was what I felt for awhile, but part of me wonders was that just recency bias of playing 8?

But the best FF game of that generations is Tactics!

What's the best way to play Tactics today?
I thought it got released on steam, I must be thinking of the new tactics ogre, there is high rumors that there is a remaster in the works, otherwise you're looking at PSP or mobile. I guess you could see if the original is on PSN, though I know where the Lions adds a lot of quality of life. Or there are other ways that you could play the PSP version if you don't have a PSP but that is all I will say

Reactions: TD
Did they generally get on or was there a lot of inter-game rivalry? 😄

Welcome!!
I remember that FF fans were generally fans of all those games, so not much rivalry. Everyone just wanted to help each other.

I played through FF8 so much as a kid that I remember being proud that there wasn't a single question on the FF8 board I couldn't answer. Looking back, I must have been a mini-Rain Man.* These days, however, I can barely remember what I ate for lunch, and my FF8 knowledge has evaporated. My life is a failure

*Edit: but imagine my embarrassment when I discovered the character's name is Squall Leonhart, not Lionheart. Hahah

Oh, and finding this forum came at a good time. Reddit sucks these days and other social media is generally lame. I was recently deep in nostalgia thinking about the simplicity of the old vB boards, and how I kind of missed them. I was half-looking for a place to hang out, and now I've (re)discovered one!

How did this place come to be anyway? Why tf is it so popular? Amazing

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh, and finding this forum came at a good time. Reddit sucks these days and other social media is generally lame. I was recently deep in nostalgia thinking about the simplicity of the old vB boards, and how I kind of missed them. I was half-looking for a place to hang out, and now I've (re)discovered one!

How did this place come to be anyway? Why tf is it so popular? Amazing

@Crystal , the last admin at GW, forgot to turn the lights off when she left. I registered when I saw the Facebook post, as did the first chunk of people. She brought me on board, and then from there we started adding old staff back like Cole, Alu, kut, Kat, canadaguy, and FQ. You’re essentially looking at the last month’s progress from that point, so you may as well say you got here at the start.

I think 9 is the best out of them

I go back and forth between is 7 or 8 better. I feel like I liked 8 more after playing 8 and that was what I felt for awhile, but part of me wonders was that just recency bias of playing 8?

But the best FF game of that generations is Tactics!
I have a confession.... It might change the way you see me...

I never played FF9.
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I remember the name, but maybe just from reading old sticky threads or other people mentioning you. I did end up frequenting FF8 and FF9 forums a bit, especially since I also got into playing Triple Triad on the forum with folks, which was fun as hell. But I'm not sure if I interacted much with you there though.

But hey! Welcome back! To heck with my memory.

FF9 > the rest. I don't care.
i feel it's weakness is the last third of the story. it's like they ran out of time and had to rush it. actually, the same with FF8. it still bugs me

however, look how closely they were released to each other!

ff7 - 1997
ff8 - 1999
ff9 - 2000

how insane is that?

yet, they remain my favourite FFs, along with ffx. imo ff7 and ffx are the best because they don't go batshit insane at the end. shame the same can't be said with ffx-2 (although i still love it)

aw man. absolute golden era of gaming

Back
Top Bottom