Resolved Is there an auto rotate setting for the forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I have it off on my phone but the GWF app always auto rotates.

Get Me Out Help GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Solution
Ok, so the actual issue is in the latest xenForo update they introduced a line to the webmanifest.php file:

"orientation": "any"

This (on some android setups) actually overrides your device setting.

I have installed the patch, but what you might need to do is load the file directly: https://gwforums.com/webmanifest.php

If that line still appears, force a refresh (it should disappear) - then remove and redownload the app.
@Tubby23 can you post the contents of this file again please?

Sure:

"name": "GWForums",
"short_name": "GWF",
"description": "For the members of GameWinners.com",
"icons": [
{
"src": "\/data\/assets\/logo\/GWF192.png",
"sizes": "192x192",
"purpose": "any"
},
{
"src": "\/data\/assets\/logo\/GWF512.png",
"sizes": "512x512",
"purpose": "any"
}
],
"lang": "en-US",
"dir": "ltr",
"display": "standalone",
"scope": "\/",
"id": "\/?_pwa=1",
"start_url": "\/?_pwa=N7AInTVJi_ecPqRdtwDzjMLDoDQEsyTt",
"background_color": "#fff",
"theme_color": "#022a50"
}

I’m in the camp that thinks phones suck and they’re dumb, so…
Phones? Or iPhones?

They don't suck. Neither do Android to be fair. I personally don't like the full open source nature of Androids, and why I've been with Apple since the iPhone 6. But to each their own. We're in a day and age where most adults cannot live without their phones.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Phones? Or iPhones?

They don't suck. Neither do Android to be fair. I personally don't like the full open source nature of Androids, and why I've been with Apple since the iPhone 6. But to each their own. We're in a day and age where most adults cannot live without their phones.

Phones in general. They’re just dumb. They make noise, then you look at it or answer it and there are people on the other end. Not something I’d recommend.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It's definitely enabled corporations to further exploit the workforce by enabling an "always on and always connected" mentality. Especially here in America.

It surprises people, especially in this kinda setting, but I’m not a fan of being constantly connected, social media, or anything down those lines. Siri is disabled on my phone, every windshield mounted GPS I’ve ever owned has been silenced, etc.

After doing repo for all those years, I’ve grown to dislike of that kinda stuff. Kinda like that AirTag nonsense we were hearing after they came out… I’ve used trackers a lot longer than they’ve been around and saw the writing on the wall before they even released.

• Agree
Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom