Zell Wolf GWF Zell 17! Wolf - Day 5

Who should the villagers lynch? (2 votes required)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The day will open at 3:00 pm ET.

Dictionary: https://gwforums.com/threads/zell-wolf-role-dictionary-and-hall-of-fame.427/

Here's the list of players:

Alu
Ben
Benzine
CAFM
dimmerwit
Fool's Requiem
Jawneh
Kat
Local Hero
rktaker
shortkut
Smacktard
TD
The Flame
Tommy Boy
VashTheStampede

And here are the roles:

Village team:
3x Selected Strong Villagers
7x Selected Regular Villagers

Note: There will be NO MORE than one person who has a "speak with the dead" role. There will also be no more than one person with a "lock players up at night" role. There may be none of either, but there won't be multiple.

Wolf team:
4x Selected Wolves

The werewolves can be any of the numbered wolves (except regular werewolf) listed in the dictionary.

Solo team:
1x Selected Killer

Wildcard Role:
1x Selected Fool/Headhunter/Werewolf Fan/Cupid

If the Werewolf Fan is selected, one wolf will become the Sorcerer.

Rules:
Nights will be 12 hours and days will be 24 hours. The end of the next period will be clearly posted.

You may edit your posts for clarity. If you edit out an action (like shooting someone) and you get caught I'm killing you.

Votes will be conducted via poll. The poll will close exactly at the deadline. You have unlimited changes until that point. If this sucks we'll go back, even if it's mid-game (not mid-day).

There will be a minimum number of votes required to lynch. Usually this number will be around the number of villagers / 2 - 1. In the event of a tie, nobody is lynched. In the event that the minimum number of votes is not reached, nobody is lynched.

Skips require a skip vote from every player. They'll be posted in the forum as usual. Once you vote to skip, you cannot unskip.

Night events will go in the following priority order regardless of when the PMs are sent to me:

Wolf Nightmare activates
Beast Hunter picks up trap (if moved)
Wolf Shaman/Confusion activates
Medium/Ritualist revive spell
Wolves break out of warden prison
Warden weapon used
Wolf seer/Sorcerer check
Wolf seer/Sorcerer choice to resign
Blind Wolf check
Illusionist disguise
Flagger redirect
Doctor protect
Bodyguard protect
Witch protect
Tough Guy protect
Violinist check
Detective check
Aura Seer check
Voodoo wolf / Librarian mute
Marksman shot
Witch kill (if not killed by marksman, otherwise potion unused)
Jailer kill (if not killed by marksman/witch)
Red Lady visit
Revived players return from the dead (cannot be targeted by wolves/solo in same night)
Solo killer attack
Wolf berserk mode activates
Wolves kill
Spirit Seer/Sheriff check
Beast Hunter places trap
Cupid selection

In the event that two of the same role perform the exact same action, they will both be credited.

Please do not talk about the game outside of the designated threads. This is honor system. When you die, you will gain access to a special forum that is already set up. The ritualist will have access to this forum at night. If you are revived by the ritualist, you will lose access. Please use this forum for all discussion by dead players about the game. Alive players can talk during the main thread during the day.

It is possible, if very unlikely, for the game to end in a tie if every single player is killed. The game also ends in a tie if there are no deaths for three straight days and nights.

Winning Conditions:

Village: Kill all wolves and the solo killer.

Wolves: Kill the solo killer. Once the wolves make up half the total players, the wolves win, regardless of the roles remaining.

Solo Killer: Kill all other players.

Wildcard Role: Satisfy your winning condition. Your winning condition trumps any other that may occur at the same time. (For example, if you lynch the fool and it creates a situation where there are 3 wolves left and 3 villagers, the Fool wins only).

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh Fucking A.

I checked Alu against Vash like I said I would, and they don't match. I don't know what meta-game stuff you're talking about with badges, but I just take the "I'm trying not to do anything all game" as bogus. I can't believe anyone would pick a role and then just not try to use it at all, not during Zell's literal "pick anything" game. So Alu's got to be the guardian wolf and saved shortkut.

We've got to get the remaining wolf this phase or else they win. We're 3v1 against Alu right now, but losing a villager puts us at 2v1 going into the night meaning the wolves win.

I know in probably any other game I'd be the dummy trying to get Vash lynched screaming "mastermind!", but I have literal proof he's not evil, now. Same for rktaker (you rock throwing jerk).

Vote Alu and skip.

rktaker

so here's the thing, I can end this right now, i have one more rock left, if i throw it at Ben and he dies as a villager then we know Alu is bad for sure cause Vash is confirmed good

rktaker

i want to hear from Vash before i do this for sure. and I am confused about one thing. so I know the Alpha wolf needs 2 lynches or 2 gunner shots to kill them and so when we voted to lynch Shortkut 2 day phases ago he didn't die cause he was the alpha wolf I got that. so when I threw my second rock at him he also didn't die, but we got the notification the alpha wolf was attacked. then we voted to lynch and got the kill, so the first time we voted him and he didn't die that was the guardian wolf saving him?

Can't believe I missed the whole "4th strong role" thing there. Completely forgot FR was a gunner thanks to not being able to do anything with it.

@rktaker there's a limit of 3 strong roles in this game (you can verify in the first post)
Village team:
3x Selected Strong Villagers

7x Selected Regular Villagers

Per the dictionary (also linked in the first post), Gunner, Bully, and Detective are all strong roles
Strong Villagers:

Bully

Aura: Unknown
During the day, can hit a player with a rock and give them a concussion. Selection of a player to concuss is made via daytime PM. A player who is concussed will not be able to use any abilities during that day or the subsequent night. If the shadow wolf is in effect, a concussed player cannot vote. If a player is hit with a rock a second time, they will be killed. If the bully kills a player, the bully's role will be revealed to the entire village. The bully can only shoot a rock once per day. The bully gets 4 rocks in total.

Conjuror
Can speak with the dead in a dead forum at night. During the day, can take on the role, powers, and abilities of any dead village team player for use that day, that night, and the following day. During the following day, the Conjuror may choose to immediately take on another dead player's role or wait for the day to end and revert to Conjuror. The Conjuror will lose the ability to speak with the dead while they are taking on another player's role. Cannot take the same player's role twice. If a dead player's abilities have been consumed (such as the witch's potion) they will be consumed for the conjuror. If killed while taking on another role, they will be announced as that role and not the conjuror.

Detective
Aura: Good
At night, can check if two other players are from the same team. The Detective is only told if the players belong to the same team or not. Teams are typically: Villagers, Wolves, Fool, Solo killer. Ability is used at night by PMing the names of the two players the detective wishes to check.

Gunner
Can shoot and kill any player once per day. Two shots max. Their role is revealed to all upon use. Uses their power by posting in bold: "XXXX shoots YYYY".

(there are more than those, but that's all you need) Feel free to verify that yourself.

Day 1: FR is dead and outed as Gunner
Local shoots and outs himself as a Gunner
You know you're a bully

Therefore it's completely impossible for Ben to be a Detective as he claims.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
so here's the thing, I can end this right now, i have one more rock left, if i throw it at Ben and he dies as a villager then we know Alu is bad for sure cause Vash is confirmed good
I believed you were bully the whole time and you still sit in your glass house, chucking rocks? Emotional damage.

Alu has been cagey the whole game. The one game I get invested and try to work all this shit out for once and I'm about to get soup-canned.

i want to hear from Vash before i do this for sure. and I am confused about one thing. so I know the Alpha wolf needs 2 lynches or 2 gunner shots to kill them and so when we voted to lynch Shortkut 2 day phases ago he didn't die cause he was the alpha wolf I got that. so when I threw my second rock at him he also didn't die, but we got the notification the alpha wolf was attacked. then we voted to lynch and got the kill, so the first time we voted him and he didn't die that was the guardian wolf saving him?
Yeah, that was the Guardian Wolf (Ben) preventing the lynch from going through

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
the rock GIF

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
@Ben your best best would have been to kill Vash off while trying to pit me and CAFM against each other. Kill the knowns and leave the unknowns.

Although you would have ended the game already by doing that since I moved my trap to Vash a couple nights back.
I haven't killed anyone, so sure.

I'm (potentially) sorry Ben
You've got until Zell reads your PM to not make me sad. :cry

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
At least I'll go out the way I played this game. Stoned.

100% did just fuck up counting due to that, and did not read the dictionary closely enough.

At least I'll go out the way I played this game. Stoned.

100% did just fuck up counting due to that, and did not read the dictionary closely enough.
Hey now - if I didn't completely forget about the roles killed on the very long ago Day 1 I would have been able to call you out immediately on that. You were in a decent spot for a win had you just gone with a different role.

That's why I said "the doctor should protect rk" in one of my later posts yesterday while also implying that my trap was still on myself. That would have left a choice between a not actually verified person being killed and a verified person, with a trap being on the verified person.

But alas.

At least I didn't keep it on myself the whole time!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Also I honestly expected you (vash) to be picked one of the last two nights because you were 100% confirmed townie and was hoping to get to kill the last wolf with a trap :(
Apparently you should never count on me dying because it doesn't seem to happen much lately

I AM NOT COMPLAINING

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey now - if I didn't completely forget about the roles killed on the very long ago Day 1 I would have been able to call you out immediately on that. You were in a decent spot for a win had you just gone with a different role.
Ugh, I'm gonna die anyway. No point in playing it out any more. Yeah I'm the guardian wolf. Bring your roundest pebble.

I have been sitting here dying hoping you'd all miss that fact and not notice Fool's Requiem was a gunner... Yeah. I absolutely did wake-and-bake then the thread happened to be posted immediately after, bypassing my "don't say dumb shit" meter. After I'd been hit with the rock I saw some opportunity to get the Bully to name themselves, which worked. I even got CAFM to reveal himself as Doctor, and you (Alu) as Beast Hunter. I just fucked up picking the first usable investigation role on the list and forgot that there were only 3 strong roles already claimed. Then I realized we couldn't kill rktaker without proving he was the Bully and proving me full of shit.

By making that post, I forced myself into having to try to 4D chess to get out of this and leaned in hard to the lying my ass off in hopes of skimming by.

how to can hit rock from bully but detective be same time concussed
john-cena-huh.gif

shortkut, to his honor and credit, did his damn best to pull suspicion off of me so no one would notice the math problem, and tried his best to fix my fuck up. It was a high-dea I made without having checked with him first, and it ultimately cost us the game despite drawing it out longer. I fully acknowledge I inadvertently robbed him of control towards the end, especially since rktaker's stone prevented him from voting and it was on me alone. I went against what suggestion to kill rk then, and again last night, thinking it'd just solidify my downfall.

Lessons; don't wolf while high, and if your teammates fuck up grievously, let them burn.

EDIT: I blame the concussion for the dumb ass move. That's my story. But rk's hit on me really was the catalyst to bringing it all down.

rktaker

also Ben I fully admit I kind of got lucky with my rock throw at you initially I was just trying to see if I could get you to claim a role which you did (and my dumb ass not even thinking about FR being the Gunner) and also I just thought it would be funny for you to be hit with a rock which it kind of was I never expected to get 2 wolves with 4 rocks, I thought for sure i'd be dead before it got to that point

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
also Ben I fully admit I kind of got lucky with my rock throw at you initially I was just trying to see if I could get you to claim a role which you did (and my dumb ass not even thinking about FR being the Gunner) and also I just thought it would be funny for you to be hit with a rock which it kind of was I never expected to get 2 wolves with 4 rocks, I thought for sure i'd be dead before it got to that point
It was pretty clutch. Very well played.

• Agree
Reactions: Kat

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah. I can't recall the exact order of shit, but I know I suggested you just let me perish and I try to frame someone else as my accomplice. But I think by that point it was too late. Definitely should have distanced yourself rather than tried to save me, but I appreciate you.

If Zell had not posted that the alpha was attacked, I was going to try to get @rktaker lynched by showing that I’m not dead so he can’t be the bully. I would hope that alu and cafm each believed the other was the real bully
I blame this loss on @Zell 17 playing by rules laid out in his dictionary

Back
Top Bottom