GWF Quiplash Game 1

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Let's go and see how this works out. I am going to send out 2 prompts to each player via PM, and they will send their responses back to me.

After 24 hours, or once all responses are in, I will post all the prompts and quips in this thread. Players will vote via PM their favorite for each response, and points will be given based on votes. Shutting out your opponent will result in bonus points being awarded.

Generally the game consists of three rounds. The first two are normal prompts, and the final round is a special type of prompt. We will see how round 1 proceeds and decide what to do with the future rounds.

@shortkut
@Benzine
@Dean
@VashTheStampede
@Tubby23
@Jon
@Local Hero
@Smacktard
@Tommy Boy

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Apparently this thread was locked. Apologies.

All responses have been received, so now it is time to vote. For each prompt, message me which you think is the best response.

24 hours or once all votes are in.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
@canadaguy might be easier to enact an emoji voting system

"Thumps up for #1, laughing emoji for #2" -- something like that
I appreciate the idea. As Jon said, traditionally votes are secret and then presented who won and who voted whom. Will see how this goes and then maybe in the next try a different way.

Just waiting on one more player, and then I will give the scores. Will try to get a new set of prompts out tonight, but then with Christmas probably give extra time to get your responses in.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I was going to update everything last night, but well Christmas stuff.

Anyways, here we go. Who gave which response, who voted for whom, and most importantly POINTS!

In 2050 scientists will discover a new fuel source, liquid ______

Tubby: Smegma (Local, Vash, Jon, Smacktard) 667 points

shortkut: Hopes and dreams (Benzine, Dean) 333 points

An old-fashioned curse word that nobody uses anymore

Smacktard: Consarn it! (Tubby, shorktut) 333 points

Local Hero: I bite my thumb at you! (Benzine, Dean, Vash, Jon) 667 points

The worst material for underwear to be made out of

Tommy Boy: Moist ham sandwiches (Benzine, Local, Tubby, shortkut) 571 points

Jon: Sandpaper Skivvies! The undies do the scratchin' so you don't have stickin' sackin'! (Dean, Vash, Smacktard) 429 points

A weird nickname for shortkut

Jon: NanoNip! (Benzine, Vash) 333 points

Smacktard: Sir Reads-a-little (Dean, Local, Tubby, shorkut) 667 points

The best way to look productive at work without actually working

Local Hero: Share you screen while you're in a fake Teams meeting. You activity will show as presenting and it'll never show "away" or "inactive." (Benzine, Dean, Vash, Jon, Smacktard, shortkut) 857 points

Tommy Boy: Prepare moist ham sandwiches in the office kitchen (Tubby) 143 points

The worst thing to be inscribed on a welcome mat

shortkut: Trump 2024 (Benzine, Local, Vash, Tubby) 667 points

Dean: Clothes and morals are both optional (333 points)

The title to the sequel to Green Eggs and Ham

Vash: Soylent Green Eggs and Curiously Tasty Ham (Local, shortkut) 400 points

Tubby: Blue Waffles and Cheese (Benzine, Jon, Smacktard) 600 points

This summer's hottest new beach toy, the inflatable ________

Dean: Walmart Greeter who doubles as a self checkout double checker (Vash,Smacktard, shortkut) 500 points

Benzine: Gaming den (Local, Tubby, Jon) 500 points

Hitler's last words

Benzine: I am the loudmouth. (Local, Tubby, Smacktard) 500 points

Vash: ööpsïschottmë (Dean, shortkut, Jon) 500 points

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Standings after Round 1
PlayerScore
Local Hero1524
Tubby1267
Smacktard1000
shortkut1000
Benzine1000
VashTheStampede900
Dean833
Jon762
Tommy Boy714

Round 2 prompts should be out now. Points are also doubled for this round!

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Round 2 Results

The worst thing to say during an autopsy

Vash: We've got a pulse! (Jon, Local, Tommy Boy, shortkut) 1333 points

Smacktard: Hey! This corpse is giving away free watches!... Oh, wait, that's yours? (Benzine, Tubby) 667 points

Something a vampire would write on their Tinder profile

Dean: Tall, handsome, and insatiable (Jon, Benzine) 571 points

Vash: Just a neck romancer looking for his necromancer (Smacktard, Tubby, Local, Tommy Boy, shortkut) 1429 points

The most embarrassing place to run into your boss outside of work

shortkut: Private room at a stripclub (Smacktard, Vash, Benzine, Tubby, Local, Tommy Boy) 2000 points + 1000 bonus points for a shutout

Jon: The urinal at the Grateful Dead concert 0 points

After the success of the McRib, McDonalds will introduce a new body part themed sandwich the Mc_______

Tommy Boy: Collar, 2 for a dollar (no sauce included) (shortkut) 333 points

Benzine: McMiddle Finger (Smacktard, Jon, Vash, Tubby, Local) 1667 points

The name of Dean's childhood imaginary friend

Tubby: Nead (Jon, Benzine, Tommy Boy, shortkut) 1333 points

Local: Mom and Dad (I'm sorry Dean) (Smacktard, Vash) 667 points

A new fashionable upgrade to horseshoes

Local: Horseshoe crab shells (Vash) 286 points

Dean: Horse Crocs (not Horse Cocks) (Smacktard, Jon, Benzine, Tubby, Tommy Boy, shortkut) 1714 points

An original theme for an escape room

Jon: The Great Porta-Potty Escape (Smacktard, Benzine, Tubby, Local, shortkut) 1667 points

Tommy Boy: Everything is made of one-ply toilet paper, and there is a tiny leak in the corner (Vash) 333 points

The song choice that got you kicked out of karaoke night

Benzine: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Vash, Tommy Boy) 667 points

Tubby: I'm Too Sexy (including full strip tease) (Smacktard, Jon, Local, shortkut) 1333 points

Death by _____ is uncommon, except in Florida

Smacktard: getting run over by a golf cart decorated with Christmas lights (Vash, Benzine, Local, Tommy Boy) 1333 points

shortkut: Idiocy (Jon, Tubby) 667 points

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Standings after Round 2

PlayerScore
shortkut4667
Tubby3993
Vash3662
Benzine3333
Dean3119
Smacktard3000
Local2476
Jon2429
Tommy Boy1381

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Final Round

Everyone will complete the same prompt. Once all responses are collected, you will vote your for your top 3, and we will determine a winner

Complete the comic:

Quiplash Final 1.png

Vash: We've got a pulse! (Jon, Local, Tommy Boy, shortkut) 1333 points

Smacktard: Hey! This corpse is giving away free watches!... Oh, wait, that's yours? (Benzine, Tubby) 667 points
Was counting on the person I was paired with to use, "Has anyone seen my watch around here?" or something similar as a line 😅

Final Round

Everyone will complete the same prompt. Once all responses are collected, you will vote your for your top 3, and we will determine a winner

Complete the comic:

View attachment 5446
Oh God Reaction GIF

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Please let me know your #1, #2 and #3 best responses

Points will be awarded based on these ranks, with #1 ranks being worth the most.

And then a winner will be crowned!

Responses:

Let me put it this way: it involves Cupid… and neither Vash nor TD want to talk about it anymore

He crashed some dog's Bark Mitzvah, got high on CBD infused doggie peanut butter, and married the dog's 53 year old owner. Now they're honeymooning in Barkbados

He made Cole's cheeks clap

He put the pussy on the chain wax

He lied in a wolf game without developing an ulcer.

Considering that the age of adulthood in the state of New York is 18, it stands to reason that he became Tommy Man (or Thomas Man) upon his 18th birthday. Belated happy birthday to Thomas.

Nimrod

It is a very good coming of age story: He finally grew a hair on his chin, so he requested a name change.

He coupled a wolf and a townie and destroyed the space-time continuum.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Okay folks, here it is the final tally

shortkut: Let me put it this way: it involves Cupid… and neither Vash nor TD want to talk about it anymore 1 bronze (Vash) 500 points

Dean: He crashed some dog's Bark Mitzvah, got high on CBD infused doggie peanut butter, and married the dog's 53 year old owner. Now they're honeymooning in Barkbados 2 gold (Jon, Tubby) 1 silver (Tommy Boy) 3500 points

Tubby: He made Cole's cheeks clap 1 bronze (Local) 500 points

Tommy Boy: He put the pussy on the chain wax 1 silver (Vash) 1 bronze (Tubby) 1500 points

Local: He lied in a wolf game without developing an ulcer. 2 gold (Benzine, Tommy Boy) 1 bronze (Jon) 3000 points

Vash: Considering that the age of adulthood in the state of New York is 18, it stands to reason that he became Tommy Man (or Thomas Man) upon his 18th birthday. Belated happy birthday to Thomas. 3 silver (Jon, Tubby, Local) 1 bronze (Tommy Boy) 2500 points

Benzine: Nimrod 2 golds (Vash, Smacktard) 2000 points

Smacktard: It is a very good coming of age story: He finally grew a hair on his chin, so he requested a name change. 1 silver (Benzine) 1000 points

Jon: He coupled a wolf and a townie and destroyed the space-time continuum. 1 gold (Local) 1 bronze (Benzine)

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
PlayerFinal Points
Dean6619
Vash6162
Benzine5833
Local5476
shortkut5167
Tubby4433
Jon4429
Smacktard4000