Going to Thailand

I'll be in Bangkok. I have literally no plans, so feel free to suggest sights to see.

I also love Thai food. I'm a bit concerned the stuff in Thailand will ruin American Thai food for me, but I do look forward to eating lots of it.
You need to disassociate them. I'm normally fine for stuff like that, and this happened to me with Thai food. It is just SO MUCH BETTER.

Most food over there is compared to the counterparts at home but Thai food in particular... I want Pandan chicken now.

Mostly pleasure. My girlfriend is getting bottom surgery and wanted someone to be with her during recovery, so that's why I'm going.
I could think of worse places to recover! Wishing all goes well on that front.

I hope you love it. I haven't actually been back to Thailand in a decade now. The last time was my high-school grad trip to Phuket which we shall never mention again.

Bangkok is known as "Krung Thep" in Thai if you want to earn some early brownie points. I'd say most of the typical sights are temples of which there are many examples, with Wat Pho and the reclining buddha probably being the most famous. The other attraction I can remember off the top of my head is the Jim Thompson House, which is a collection of regional art in the house of a former American silk merchant. I'm guessing with such a chunk of time you'll want to explore general bits of the city so I'm sure you'll be far more knowledgable than me soon enough!

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Mostly pleasure. My girlfriend is getting bottom surgery and wanted someone to be with her during recovery, so that's why I'm going.

Eevee is having fun watching planes staring at a construction site.

View attachment 15388
Congratulations to your girlfriend on this absolutely massive event, and I hope you both have a good time as she recovers. It's a long road, but a worthwhile one, I'm glad she has you in her corner, so many have no one for this part, so thank you for being there for her. Please let her know we're all wishing her well!

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Landed in Seattle. A confused lady was following me around to get to her gate until I took out Eevee for the train ride between terminals. Then she suddenly lost interest.

1000006709.jpg

The view from this lounge is much more interesting, which is good because I have to somehow stay awake for the next 2.5 hours.

1000006713.jpg

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Glad the creepy lady left you alone! Eevee with the save!
I didn't mean she was creepy. I get lost a lot and was going to the same place as her, so I was happy to help her. I guess carrying around a stuffed animal doesn't inspire confidence though. :tease

On a flight to Taiwan now.

1000006718.jpg

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I didn't mean she was creepy. I get lost a lot and was going to the same place as her, so I was happy to help her. I guess carrying around a stuffed animal doesn't inspire confidence though. :tease

On a flight to Taiwan now.

View attachment 15445
I think it's more me misreading it the first time through, lol. I'd be confident in an Eevee carrying traveller, she clearly knows a good companion! All the best on this leg of the trip :)

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
hope y’all have fun and hope your gf’s recovery goes well!! that’s a huge step im honestly scared shitless of so more power to her
I'm terrified of medical stuff and hospitals and all that in general, so yeah I'm scared shitless for her. It seems like everything is going well so far though.

I'm a little late to this, but safe travels! Have lots of fun! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Not late at all, I'm not even there yet!

I hear you there, basically a full year to properly recover from! But one I'm most ready for...and least able to afford. Typical, lol.
I don't know how much you've looked into it, but Thailand has the best techniques, and it's waaay cheaper than getting a lower quality procedure done in the USA if your insurance doesn't cover it. Still probably out of your budget for the moment, but something to consider once you go back to a lucrative job.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't know how much you've looked into it, but Thailand has the best techniques, and it's waaay cheaper than getting a lower quality procedure done in the USA if your insurance doesn't cover it. Still probably out of your budget for the moment, but something to consider once you go back to a lucrative job.
I've looked into Thailand and would absolutely consider it if I could afford it. Scared to go it alone, but for something so important, hell yeah I would.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I've looked into Thailand and would absolutely consider it if I could afford it. Scared to go it alone, but for something so important, hell yeah I would.
I don't blame you at all. I nearly had a panic attack while just traveling there on my own! I can't imagine doing everything else also by myself.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Group GWF field trip
Now that would be one hell of a story! We all went to Thailand to get Crystal a vagina.
I don't blame you at all. I nearly had a panic attack while just traveling there on my own! I can't imagine doing everything else also by myself.
:hugs

We're here with you, even if not physically, we're here :)

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Top Talent

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yay, Pokeplane!

Good luck on the last leg, hope you get there with no delays. How's your GF doing? Any word?
The last picture is from the hospital. No delays at all, everything went well amazingly.

what's for dinner?

have you got carbon tablets or whatever to make sure you aren't excreting more than you would ordinarily?
I bought a water bottle with a filter on it. It says it takes out bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and some other stuff, so I should be good. There's also plenty of bottled water supplied, but I don't want to throw away 1000 water bottles.

The last picture is from the hospital. No delays at all, everything went well amazingly.

I bought a water bottle with a filter on it. It says it takes out bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and some other stuff, so I should be good. There's also plenty of bottled water supplied, but I don't want to throw away 1000 water bottles.
you may find that the food will get you too, just being so different from what you're used to

• Hmm
Reactions: Kat

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Great news the surgery went well! How long will your GF be confined to the hospital? When will you be able to venture out for some sightseeing together?
She's already trying to sneak out, but the staff aren't very happy about it, and their desk is in front of the only door. So I guess it depends on when they let her out.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
She's already trying to sneak out, but the staff aren't very happy about it, and their desk is in front of the only door. So I guess it depends on when they let her out.
lol, not a fan of hospitals? Impressive she's ready to go already, the turnaround is usually a few days before release!

Back
Top Bottom