Multi Dragon's Dogma 2

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
The level cap is 999?! Shit, I'm officially done worrying about any of that. I assumed it was still 200, so I was thinking I was about a quarter of the way there already.
I actually wish it was a reasonable cap again like 200.

You can easily outlevel everyone and not get hired this way, at least in OG DD, all 200s could hire eachother.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Hmm. I've spent a lot of time there and it hasn't triggered. Did you pick it up before or after the coronation quest? Maybe I need to get farther in the main story to unlock it.
It's pre-coronation, outside the church/chapel thing I saw a brief argument happening and then I had to manually talk to the person.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Damn - I know you were pretty hyped about it so this saddens me.

What about it didn't connect with you?
I think its mainly just that I'm usually not a fan of how a lot of Capcom games feel. I look for more immersion, especially when it comes to a fantasy setting, and everything about this game screams THIS IS A VIDEO GAME AND HERE ARE THE MECHANICS AND SYSTEMS YOU ARE INTERACTING WITH.

Nothing wrong with video games feeling like video games, but there's a lot less escapism involved in this approach, which is more what I'm looking for.

Reactions: TD

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I think its mainly just that I'm usually not a fan of how a lot of Capcom games feel. I look for more immersion, especially when it comes to a fantasy setting, and everything about this game screams THIS IS A VIDEO GAME AND HERE ARE THE MECHANICS AND SYSTEMS YOU ARE INTERACTING WITH.

Nothing wrong with video games feeling like video games, but there's a lot less escapism involved in this approach, which is more what I'm looking for.
That... makes sense because that's really Capcom games in a nutshell. I'd assume you aren't big on something like Monster Hunter as well, from this description?

It's too bad that there's truly no game out there that's for all gamers and we're stuck with this trial and error, shelling out the money - and hoping it's what we're looking for.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That... makes sense because that's really Capcom games in a nutshell. I'd assume you aren't big on something like Monster Hunter as well, from this description?
I'm not a huge Monster Hunter fan, but playing multi-player with Da Boys and also the way they handle the paper doll aspect of your character (one of my biggest driving forces in games) are two major positives that usually lead me to spending a bit more time with them.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'm not a huge Monster Hunter fan, but playing multi-player with Da Boys and also the way they handle the paper doll aspect of your character (one of my biggest driving forces in games) are two major positives that usually lead me to spending a bit more time with them.
I like the pawn system... and I know Capcom is married to it, but oooo boy do I believe this game could've been so much bigger with genuine multiplayer.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I do think the game gets better after you level a bit and unlock more interesting classes. My biggest thing I think reminds you its a video game is the lack of targeting and the climbing can be annoying.
It's definitely a slow starter that really uncorks when the vocations open up a lot more.

Targeting I get, Capcom hates targeting for whatever reason.

And climbing... yeah. Most of my deaths came from gravity.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I like the pawn system... and I know Capcom is married to it, but oooo boy do I believe this game could've been so much bigger with genuine multiplayer.
I'm personally glad we have pawns instead of multiplayer. I prefer single player games though.

I do think the game gets better after you level a bit and unlock more interesting classes. My biggest thing I think reminds you its a video game is the lack of targeting and the climbing can be annoying.
What's your favorite class?

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm personally glad we have pawns instead of multiplayer. I prefer single player games though.

What's your favorite class?
So far I like magic and sorcerer but I've switched to mystic spearhand and not that I'm starting to figure it out, it seems pretty good.

I too like the pawns but I'm not a multiplayer type anyways. Would be nice of people could choose.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I never could figure out mystic spear hand. I'm working on magic archer now, and idk if I like that one either, despite it being my favorite class in the first game. I can't figure out the targeting system for it.

Mage, sorcerer, and thief are all a blast. I'll probably switch back to one of those once I level up mystic archer.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Hit some more of my milestone goals before putting the game down for a bit.

1000012608.jpg

1000012610.jpg
1000012611.jpg

If I were to rank the Vocations for my personal experience...

1) Warfarer
2) Thief
3) Sorcerer
4) Magick Archer
5) Trickster
6) Mage
7) Archer
8) Mystic Spearhand
9) Warrior
10) Fighter

• Respect
Reactions: Kat