Do you have any pets?

~Lightning~

GW Elder
Two rehomed cats, since buying a home.

Wilson was one of my partners coworkers cats which we took in

inbound3966855432738970658.jpg
Then we have Wade, who we adopted as a sign-over to her workplace - Magnificent floof

Attachments

• inbound8892950308085910937.jpg
    inbound8892950308085910937.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Major Isoor

Dynamite with a laser beam
GW Elder
I've got two greyhounds. Tazo, my old doggo who loves walks and is very sad whenever I'm not around:
GVWxe3Z.jpg

And Opal, who loves roaching (laying/napping on her back with her legs curled in the air, like a dead cockroach) on the couch and FOOD:
9sUrj3I.jpg

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
...they ask for practically nothing and give you all of themselves in return. We don't deserve them, truly we don't. ❤️
My cats: I know you're working/sleeping/eating/pooping but I need attention RIGHT NOW!! No, I don't care that you just spent an hour petting me. Also, you're not allowed to move for the next two hours while I nap on you. I said quit moving, do you really need to breathe so much?! I'm trying to nap here! Later I'm going to ignore the cat door you spent a bunch of time and money installing and meow relentlessly at the sliding door instead, just to demand you open it again two minutes later.

I'm sure they'd agree with the latter half of that sentiment though. 😂

The demanding furballs in question, Henry and Jello, stealing all the chairs in my office (I had to drag over a third and play musical chairs with them to get mine back):

PXL_20230626_184657387.jpg

12.5 year old beagle-whippet mix. I’m sure I posted photos when he was a puppy before the forums went offline. He has pulmonary hypertension and heart failure, but he’s doing well. Picture is from a few weeks agoView attachment 248
He's a good boy! I went from never having a dog 3 years ago to now asking to pet most dogs I see because they are all good boys, even the girls.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
He's a good boy! I went from never having a dog 3 years ago to now asking to pet most dogs I see because they are all good boys, even the girls.
I know the names of more of my dog neighbors than my human neighbors. I think some of them (the humans) get annoyed by how frequently I interrupt their walks to pet their dogs.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Tom was literally the classic internet dad.

"I don't want a damn dog!"
*two months later*
"Lucy is laying on me on the couch, which means I can't get up to get on the computer sorry."

also since Tom never told you guys

Lucy is short for Lucifer.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
My cats: I know you're working/sleeping/eating/pooping but I need attention RIGHT NOW!! No, I don't care that you just spent an hour petting me. Also, you're not allowed to move for the next two hours while I nap on you. I said quit moving, do you really need to breathe so much?! I'm trying to nap here! Later I'm going to ignore the cat door you spent a bunch of time and money installing and meow relentlessly at the sliding door instead, just to demand you open it again two minutes later.
lol, this is true! But they do still love you unconditionally...with all of the conditions :rofl
I'm sure they'd agree with the latter half of that sentiment though. 😂
100% :D
The demanding furballs in question, Henry and Jello, stealing all the chairs in my office (I had to drag over a third and play musical chairs with them to get mine back):

View attachment 290
Oh so cute!!!
This is my all time favorite picture of Henry.

View attachment 291
"Get me a beer!" :D
Jello is so adorable that it's hard to pick a favorite, but this one is a top contender.

View attachment 292
Aww, "out of my mind, back in 5 minutes!"
Tom was literally the classic internet dad.

"I don't want a damn dog!"
*two months later*
"Lucy is laying on me on the couch, which means I can't get up to get on the computer sorry."

also since Tom never told you guys

Lucy is short for Lucifer.
devil playing GIF

Soup is a chatty super affectionate sweetheart. I fell in love instantly.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
One time she helpfully collected and released a live mouse into my room. Said mouse was never found.
She's so cute and floofy! One time when I let my neighbor's cat into my house, she had a live mouse, and did the same thing. That mouse was never seen again either. I've rearranged all the furniture in that room since then too, so 🤷‍♀️

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
She's so cute and floofy!
Not sure if she hates being soooooo darn cute or if she loves biting people. Chii may touch you, but you may not touch Chii. She can't help but egg people on.

One time when I let my neighbor's cat into my house, she had a live mouse, and did the same thing. That mouse was never seen again either. I've rearranged all the furniture in that room since then too, so 🤷‍♀️
lol congrats on your new permanent resident! Finally, I understand how Tom & Jerry was born.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
This squirmy little one is Chii.
Chii hates everyone but me. She has a love affair with my feet, and has probably posted pics on wikiFeet. I have trained her to get up when I say "let's get up little Chii"! One time she helpfully collected and released a live mouse into my room. Said mouse was never found.
View attachment 340
Aww, the floof!! Reminds me of my cat, Paddy. He was such a big fluffy boy, I really miss him. He used to raise my little baby boy Damien, so I called him Daddy Paddy, and damn I miss them both.

PaddyDamien.jpg

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Aww, the floof!! Reminds me of my cat, Paddy. He was such a big fluffy boy, I really miss him. He used to raise my little baby boy Damien, so I called him Daddy Paddy, and damn I miss them both.

View attachment 344
so continuing the trend of similarities of ours.

I ALSO had two cats... just like that. a fluffy orange tabby (with double paws) that was sweet, cuddly, affectionate. typical "like a dog" cat.

and then a black cat. she was sweet, but a little anxious. but they were the best of friends

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
so continuing the trend of similarities of ours.

I ALSO had two cats... just like that. a fluffy orange tabby (with double paws) that was sweet, cuddly, affectionate. typical "like a dog" cat.

and then a black cat. she was sweet, but a little anxious. but they were the best of friends
Aww, I love that!! Definitely sounds like my pair. Just adorable cuddle buddies, I loved watching them snuggle up together.
D'aww, look at them holding paws. That's sweet.
They really were like father and son, lol, it was so cute!

Back
Top Bottom