Resolved Discord Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

No clue if it's active or anything anymore. I don't really frequent it.
from what i know when activity bottomed out in the discord around 2018 or 2019 or so, he showed up from…somewhere…and was one of the most active posters. at the time most of his posting was like, links to articles about linux and stuff. basic tech nerd shit. on occasion he would post some weird stuff about women but like, nothing too awful. at one point when he was basically the only active user, @Holly i think was the one who gave him mod powers not thinking too much of it since the server was practically dead. eventually it got revived and he’s still around and actively getting worse every day. i tried to give him some genuinely well-meaning advice a while back but he does not seem like the kind of person to be particularly willing to improve himself or change the way that he thinks about women. oh well! i will simply observe him like a bug instead
holy shit I had no idea there was lore

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
As the lone person with any knowledge of Arabic letters, we'll have to defer to you on that one, lol, none of us have any idea what his name says or is intended to mean.
Thise squiggly lines on the letters makes it impossible to actually read what it says. However it looks more Arabic to me than Persian. I wouldn't be surprised if he is either, both Arabs and Iranians can be pretty weird sometimes.
Is the Iranian dude the same guy who posted the picture of his own shit?

The discord be wildin y'all
And the hits keep coming and coming 😀.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Wait so let me get this straight - @Crystal you're unable to claim ownership of the server even though you're an admin? Is this random person a "higher" admin than you?
I've never owned the Discord or the sub-reddit...or the FB group for that matter, lol. They're community-owned, though, and the Discord is owned by @Holly. She offered to transfer ownership to me when she got it back from our...interesting friend...but I told her to hang onto it, so long as someone in the community owned it, that was what mattered most.

Holly

Resident of the GWF Retirement Home
GW Elder
from what i know when activity bottomed out in the discord around 2018 or 2019 or so, he showed up from…somewhere…and was one of the most active posters. at the time most of his posting was like, links to articles about linux and stuff. basic tech nerd shit. on occasion he would post some weird stuff about women but like, nothing too awful. at one point when he was basically the only active user, @Holly i think was the one who gave him mod powers not thinking too much of it since the server was practically dead. eventually it got revived and he’s still around and actively getting worse every day. i tried to give him some genuinely well-meaning advice a while back but he does not seem like the kind of person to be particularly willing to improve himself or change the way that he thinks about women. oh well! i will simply observe him like a bug instead
This is correct. He was promoted to admin because he was basically the only active user, and he'd message me when spam bots would show up. That is also why the server was transferred to him when I had a mental break a few years back, he seemed to be the only one getting any use out of it at that time. To his credit he transferred it back to me no questions asked when I requested it, and as far as I know he hasn't had any more off-color posts. I did talk to him about the (literal) shit post.

I get the impression he is a lonely individual who is generally well-meaning but has trouble interacting with women, hence the views. Not sure how he found the server in the first place but his programming stuff is equal parts interesting and impressive.

As for going forward, if @Crystal or any other GW Admin ever wants ownership just let me know. I'm not on any sort of power trip over it, I created the server because I wanted to stay in touch with y'all. It didn't work out that way, but I am grateful all the same that it's being used now.

I get the impression he is a lonely individual who is generally well-meaning but has trouble interacting with women, hence the views. Not sure how he found the server in the first place but his programming stuff is equal parts interesting and impressive.
Has anyone thought to invite him here or do we have too many shitposters already?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Has anyone thought to invite him here or do we have too many shitposters already?

As far as I know, he’s aware that the forums are online. They’ve been advertised on all of the GW platforms, so I don’t see how he wouldn’t know about the place.

Soo you don't trust people who are correct?
it literally makes no sense.

You put luggage in a trunk. The back of the car is typically where you'd store stuff. Therefore the back of a car should be called a trunk. Also, people used to put actual luggage trunks on the back of cars. They had luggage racks for it, even. Boot makes no sense. The back of the car is not a foot.

Edit: I will die on this hill.

Last edited:

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
it literally makes no sense.

You put luggage in a trunk. The back of the car is typically where you'd store stuff. Therefore the back of a car should be called a trunk. Also, people used to put actual luggage trunks on the back of cars. They had luggage racks for it, even. Boot makes no sense. The back of the car is not a foot.
It comes from the old coach days, where coachmen used to sit atop a box where they could store things, among them most notably were a change of boots. It became known as the boot locker, or just simply the boot, and the term carried on. It makes perfect sense ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom