Dice

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Is it difficult to make your own properly balanced dice?
100% positive it would be very hard to make your own without making it favor a particular face. I'd imagine even engraving the numbers on would change it enough that it's a little weighted in any given direction.

I'm assuming most places that make resin dice used CAD/CAM to balance it right, and then never change their production settings.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Is it difficult to make your own properly balanced dice?
I haven't ever tried, honestly, but if I do, I'll let you know!

100% positive it would be very hard to make your own without making it favor a particular face. I'd imagine even engraving the numbers on would change it enough that it's a little weighted in any given direction.

I'm assuming most places that make resin dice used CAD/CAM to balance it right, and then never change their production settings.
There are two ways I know of to make them. A resin 3D printer, which I don't own, and resin molds you can DIY. I'm sure, without professional grade equipment, there isn't a way to guarantee something it properly weighted. Not like I'm bringing them to tournaments anyways, and when I do use dice, I usually use a dice tower i 3D printed, which helps alleviate some balancing issues in dice, since it has rows inside it that knock the dice around.

Either way, I'd like a resin mold try first. I own 3 sets of 12d6, but I don't actually own any other variety, so those are the ones I'd like to take a stab at.

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Back
Top Bottom