• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE

Best wishes for Tubby

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah the last one I got when I was 16 and I definitely did not approach that right.

This one I have been ultra cautious but as you grow older you have that perspective of how important your brain is. The doctors have been happy with my approach and my fiance has been incredible with keeping me really protected from anything until I was ready for it.
It's great that you've got someone so incredibly caring with you to help you through it. You've got an amazing woman there :)

We're now going to make you play cricket wearing this:

Nationwide Arena Nhl GIF by Columbus Blue Jackets

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey everyone!

Thank you for all the very kind well wishes and thank you @Crystal for passing on Jacki's message. I'm officially easing back into things over the last week. I have returned to work for three days last week and will be doing four this week, luckily I mainly work from home so don't have to travel and have been able to ease into it.

From a concussion perspective, I'm no longer suffering from headaches or light sensitivity. I still am taking regular breaks from spending too long focused on something (I miss gaming) but with the return to work I feel like things are improving each day on that front. My doctor cleared me yesterday to return to cricket training this week and I will return to playing the following weekend should all proceed well.

Glad to hear that you’re healing up. The headaches were the worst part for me, so hopefully those weren’t too hateful for you. If you heal up anything like I did, the light sensitivity will be the lingering symptom… you’ll find yourself adjusting the backlight lower than normal, or having a headache roll on if you spend a lot of time in the sunlight.

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
Glad to hear that you’re healing up. The headaches were the worst part for me, so hopefully those weren’t too hateful for you. If you heal up anything like I did, the light sensitivity will be the lingering symptom… you’ll find yourself adjusting the backlight lower than normal, or having a headache roll on if you spend a lot of time in the sunlight.
Yep the light is one thing I have noticed that seems to be a watch item. Luckily it's summer and we are just using natural light coming through the curtains and don't need to use bright artificial lights.

That and staring at a screen given I work on a computer all day will be things I'm going to have to get used to managing.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yep the light is one thing I have noticed that seems to be a watch item. Luckily it's summer and we are just using natural light coming through the curtains and don't need to use bright artificial lights.

That and staring at a screen given I work on a computer all day will be things I'm going to have to get used to managing.

If your computer and phone has a blue light filter, I’d recommend using that while you’re still on the mend. Not entirely sure about the logistics of why it helps, but it was suggested to me after I took a hit to the head and it helped tremendously when I still had to finish up the work week.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
If your computer and phone has a blue light filter, I’d recommend using that while you’re still on the mend. Not entirely sure about the logistics of why it helps, but it was suggested to me after I took a hit to the head and it helped tremendously when I still had to finish up the work week.
I have a blue light filter on my phone and really like it. It's so much easier on my eyes, especially after staring at a computer screen all day. If anyone struggles with eye strain, I highly recommend it

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
Thanks guys, yep I have all my devices both on dark mode (where possible) and blue light filter on my personal mobile and work computer. They're getting me a blue light filter for my work mobile but given I'm not in the office it's getting shipped here.

I'm very thankful that the Office suite of programs all have dark mode as I reckon Excel would have ruined me by now if not!

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all the very kind well wishes and thank you @Crystal for passing on Jacki's message. I'm officially easing back into things over the last week. I have returned to work for three days last week and will be doing four this week, luckily I mainly work from home so don't have to travel and have been able to ease into it.

From a concussion perspective, I'm no longer suffering from headaches or light sensitivity. I still am taking regular breaks from spending too long focused on something (I miss gaming) but with the return to work I feel like things are improving each day on that front. My doctor cleared me yesterday to return to cricket training this week and I will return to playing the following weekend should all proceed well.
Hey mate, so glad to hear that you're on the mend. You were missed around here, but it was pretty hilarious that you had the first wolf win on GWF while being completely absent. Somehow only you could pull that off 😂

Happy to hear you're starting to feel better.

Hey mate, so glad to hear that you're on the mend. You were missed around here, but it was pretty hilarious that you had the first wolf win on GWF while being completely absent. Somehow only you could pull that off 😂

Happy to hear you're starting to feel better.
The tofu wolf. Got hit in the head so hard that he forgot he liked meat.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Thanks guys, yep I have all my devices both on dark mode (where possible) and blue light filter on my personal mobile and work computer. They're getting me a blue light filter for my work mobile but given I'm not in the office it's getting shipped here.

I'm very thankful that the Office suite of programs all have dark mode as I reckon Excel would have ruined me by now if not!
Not sure if your work will allow it but when I returned to modified work after my second concussion I wore sunglasses with the blue light filter lens.

It helped a ton.

Back
Top Bottom