2024 NFL Draft

Kansas City made a move for a WR and I don't HATE it. I was not high on Worthy because he has Tyreek speed with Toney hands from what I've seen. Hopefully they fix that and he'll be a stud because they need something with the Rice issues. Kansas City just can't have nice things at WR.
I don't follow college football, but from what I read on him yesterday, the drops problem came when he had a broken hand a couple years ago. Apparently he didn't have the same issue this past year. It also sounds like his solid route-running ability has been brushed over because of his standout speed. Landing in KC should only help him. They will have him returning punts too. He and Hollywood should stretch the field, and Kelce and Rice (pending potential suspension) can work the intermediate stuff, and all of them can be dangerous on screens.

That's a resounding no.

Lol, Brock Osweiler. :link

So Jay Cutler wasnt a bad pick from what I remember, but then....Tim Tebow, Paxton Lynch and now Bo Nix (though technically jury is still out)

I could have sworn there was another one in there

So then I went deeper, Drew Lock in the 2nd round (and then you pointed out Osweiler was also 2nd round)

I think I also assumed Siemian was a higher pick than 7th round since I knew he started a game

On top of that traded 2 first round picks for Wilson

I have also never heard of 2 of the QBs on your roster (Stidham and DiNucci)

I don't follow college football, but from what I read on him yesterday, the drops problem came when he had a broken hand a couple years ago. Apparently he didn't have the same issue this past year. It also sounds like his solid route-running ability has been brushed over because of his standout speed. Landing in KC should only help him. They will have him returning punts too. He and Hollywood should stretch the field, and Kelce and Rice (pending potential suspension) can work the intermediate stuff, and all of them can be dangerous on screens.
I'm not sold on his route running. It FEELS like they made a pick with seller's remorse on Tyreek. I know they didn't want to pay Hill and that's part of the reason they traded him. But I'm not sure just saying "oh look, let's just go get the guy that beat Tyreek's 40 time." Hill is a much better receiver than Worthy, but I don't HATE the pick. And he does have Mahomes. I'm not expecting much from the ghost of Hollywood Brown.

I have also never heard of 2 of the QBs on your roster (Stidham and DiNucci)
Stidham was a 4th round pick from the Patriots a few years ago. Was never projected much more than a good backup. DiNucci... I THINK was a 7th rounder? For Dallas iirc. He played a bit the year Prescott had the hand issue I think. He's... not very good lol.

Stidham was a 4th round pick from the Patriots a few years ago. Was never projected much more than a good backup. DiNucci... I THINK was a 7th rounder? For Dallas iirc. He played a bit the year Prescott had the hand issue I think. He's... not very good lol.

Its more of I also follow college football and I've heard of most QBs that get drafted. Stidham went to Baylor so perhaps his name slipped my mind, but DiNucci went to James Madison so reason I never heard of him

• Agree
Reactions: Jon
I'm not sold on his route running. It FEELS like they made a pick with seller's remorse on Tyreek. I know they didn't want to pay Hill and that's part of the reason they traded him. But I'm not sure just saying "oh look, let's just go get the guy that beat Tyreek's 40 time." Hill is a much better receiver than Worthy, but I don't HATE the pick. And he does have Mahomes. I'm not expecting much from the ghost of Hollywood Brown..
I doubt the team that won back-to-back Super Bowls without Hill has seller's remorse. I think Worthy is the sort of receiver they like for their system and isn't suppose to be a direct Tyreek replacement. Tyreek Hill is a unicorn, and no one could replace him. Brown and Watson are free agents after this year, so they really needed a receiver for post-2024 to pair with Rice, and Worthy's skillset is a great complement to Rice's. As for Brown, as long as he's better than MVS they should be fine.

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon
Minnesota trading with the Jets makes no sense. The Jets were unlikely to take JJ so you gave them another pick... for what? They got their guy at 10 and avoided paying a premium into the top 5, so good for them.. but just silly to me.
They made the trade to ensure the jets didn’t trade with someone else and that other team takes JJ
Fashanu to the Jets, I get it... but that shoulda been Bowers. What a fit that is there. Whiff. Jets gonna Jets. And Rogers goes to another team that doesn't know how to truly support him
the Jets’ OC wouldn’t know how to use Bowers

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
panthers traded down and picked up two extra picks including the rams ‘25 second rounder, then drafted the #1 RB in the class (apparently) with the 46th pick. i…like this move??? the miles sanders deal was an unmitigated disaster from the jump and chuba hubbard doesn’t exactly inspire confidence so i’m glad the RB room is getting some attention

Is this Kingsley Suamataia guy any good? Reddit seems to like him, but my dad was watching the draft coverage and he said the analysts didn't seem too impressed.

It's definitely the correct position for the Chiefs to draft.
Sadly I do not know much about him.

I don't like the Patriots skipping on McConkey and taking Polk (who I don't rate too highly). But I'm still glad they took a WR.

Back
Top Bottom