2024 NFL Draft

I'll try to update this tonight as the draft progresses for those that can't/won't watch the draft. I'm no college football genius, and what I know from a lot of these guys are from a dynasty fantasy perspective, but some people like to be updated on the draft and I just want to give them a place they can come to and discuss if they want. Not gonna promise anything beyond night one (round one).

I apologize in advance as I can't modify the table column size and I'm not in the mood to program one lol.

Pick NumberTeamPlayerTrade/Notes
1Chicago Bears (from CAR)Caleb Williams QB USCLol, Carolina.
2Washington CommandersJayden Daniels QB LSU
3New England PatriotsDrake Maye QB NC
4Arizona CardinalsMarvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio
5Los Angeles ChargersJoe Alt OT Notre Dame
6New York GiantsMalik Nabers WR LSU
7Tennessee TitansJC Latham OT Alabama
8Atlanta FalconsMichael Penix Jr. QB WashingtonWhat. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?
9Chicago BearsRome Odunze WR Washington
10Minnesota Vikings (from MIN)JJ McCarthy QB MichiganVikings move up a spot. No news on the trade. One spot I assume is just a mid round pick going to NYJ too.
11New York Jets (from NYJ)Olu Fashanu OT PennTrade is fine. Don't like taking an OT here. bowers would have been a beauty.
12Denver BroncosBo Nix QB OregonToo early, but I still this this is the second best QB in the draft. So I don't actually hate it for their future.
13Las Vegas RaidersBrock Bowers TE GeorgiaGood value, bad pick.
14New Orleans SaintsTaliesi Fuanaga OT Oregon14 straight offensive players and the NFL is sending a message
15Indianapolis ColtsLaiatu Latu Edge UCLAFinally a defensive player.
16Seattle SeahawksByron Murphy DT Texas
17Minnesota Vikings (from JAC)Dallas Turner Edge Alabama
18Cincinnati BengalsAmarius Mims OT Georgia
19Los Angeles RamsJared Verse Edge FSU
20Pittsburgh SteelersTroy Fautanu OL Washington
21Miami DolphinsChop Robinson Edge Penn
22Philadelphia EaglesQuinyon Mitchell DB Toledo
23Jacksonville Jaguars (from MIN via CLE and HOU)Brian Thomas Jr WR LSUI like this pick. A lot.
24Detroit Lions (from DAL)Terrion Arnold DB Alabama
25Green Bay PackersJordan Morgan OL Arizona
26Tampa Bay BuccaneersGraham Barton C Duke
27Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)Darius Robinson DL Missouri
28Kansas City Chiefs (from BUF)Xavier Worthy WR TexasI do NOT like this pick. Trading up for a guy that's gonna be there in round 2 and Coleman is still there? Brutal. Especially if Buffalo gets him.
29Dallas Cowboys (from DET)Tyler Guyton OL Oaklahoma
30Baltimore RavensNate Wiggins DB Clemson
31San Francisco 49ersRicky Pearsall WR Florida
32Carolina Panthers (from BUF via KC)Xavier Legette WR SCI don't get this trade either... that desperate to pick in the first you give up more capital? Then take the most overrated WR in the class... Carolina gonna Carolina.

Last edited:

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
@TD LMAO! They took Brock Bowers. Someone I expected off the board, so they got a steal, but he's a TE... after they drafted Meyer last year. You'll have 2 good TEs with no one to throw them the ball. And the guy they DO have... doesn't throw to TEs.

Raiders being Raiders!
They drafted a TE!?!?

What the actual fuck why lmao

• This is the Way
Reactions: Jon

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
a bit sad McCarthy went to the Vikings, don't like a guy I rooted for going to a team I usually root against

interested to see how the Lions will botch their pick, they're due after doing so well last year

• Hugs

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
hmmm interesting, many mocks had the Lions taking the kool-aid guy from Alabama at 29, so they lose a third to Dallas to take this guy five picks earlier instead, haven't really been keeping track of alabama dbs but I guess it was okay?

• Seen
Reactions: TD

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I know nothing about college football, but I'm happy the Chiefs got the WR they clearly wanted. I personally hope that we get a big-body possession guy one day, but I don't think that will happen as long as Andy Reid is here, so hopefully this guy is more Tyreek Hill/Desean Jackson than Mecole Hardman
To be fair, in today's NFL the possession guy isn't really needed anymore what with the contact rules and what not.

NFL doing it's best Madden impression.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
panthers traded back into the first round for WR Xavier Legette. he was widely mocked to them as one of their first picks (usually either him or Ladd McConkey) so i don't have any issues with the pick but...

Buffalo trades: Pick 32, 200

Carolina trades: Pick 33, 141

idk this just seems like a really bad trade. especially given the opportunity cost of getting rid of the very desirable first pick of the second round. but oh well! i guess this is why i don't run an nfl team! i'm just at least glad that our new GM is someone i at least kind of respect (former Panther and 2003 NFC Champion Dan Morgan who had to retire because he had too many concussions. wait i hope that isn't affecting his decision making ability--)

So now that I've recovered from draft night, I'll give my thoughts no one cares about.

As expected, the night was far less eventful than everyone anticipated. Less trades, and those that were were only a few spots. ESPN did a piss poor job of announcing the trades, so my apologies that terms were not kept updated anywhere.

Biggest surprise had to be the Penix pick at 8. Cousins said he too was shocked by the pick. They said they may draft his replacement in the draft (to him), but even he was shocked at number 8 when there was bigger needs available... Rome Odunze anyone? Even if you think Cousins isn't going to be ready because of the Achilles, drafting Penix here makes no sense. You just signed Cousins to a 4 year contract. So... if Cousins plays and is good, you wasted a pick that could have been a star receiver or defensive lineman you badly needed. If Cousins plays and is bad, fans are gonna demand Penix and you wasted a ton of money on Cousins. Another option is Kirk DOESN'T play, Penix is good, and now you're still out $120 million. And the worst option, Kirk doesn't play and Penix sucks and now you're out money and a pick. This should have been Turner or Odunze in my opinion.

Minnesota trading with the Jets makes no sense. The Jets were unlikely to take JJ so you gave them another pick... for what? They got their guy at 10 and avoided paying a premium into the top 5, so good for them.. but just silly to me.

Fashanu to the Jets, I get it... but that shoulda been Bowers. What a fit that is there. Whiff. Jets gonna Jets. And Rogers goes to another team that doesn't know how to truly support him.

Nix 12 to the Broncos... this was a panic pick. No doubt. WAY too early for Nix. I do not HATE the pick. I like Nix. He's still the second best QB in the draft to me, but the Raiders were taking him, so the Broncos took him to block that.

Speaking of, the Raiders... taking Bowers... is a joke. Look, Bowers is a great talent, but the best thing the Raiders could have done was move OUT of the pick and do something else. Take Bowers a year after taking Meyers is just a waste when you still don't have an arm to throw to them. Not to mention the Raiders idiocy for 2 TE sets and using neither TE (read Meyer/Hooper last year) and it's a recipe to waste the careers of both men. Meyers is hurt most by this because if they DO learn to use a TE, Bowers is light years better.

Thomas falling to Jacksonville at 23 is a steal. Buffalo could have used this guy, but lordy, Thomas was a great receiver, one of my favs in the draft that "suffered" from being at LSU with Nabers. Gonna be a good late round flyer in redraft leagues.

Detroit moving up to get Arnold is a double edged sword. I like the move up the board for Detroit, and love adding a DB there... but Nate Wiggins was the best natural man-to-man corner in the draft. Arnold is fine. But Wiggins is better in my opinion.

Kansas City made a move for a WR and I don't HATE it. I was not high on Worthy because he has Tyreek speed with Toney hands from what I've seen. Hopefully they fix that and he'll be a stud because they need something with the Rice issues. Kansas City just can't have nice things at WR.

Speaking of, the Ravens getting Wiggins at 30 is robbery.

The 49ers taking Pearsall at 31 is... weird... Pearsall was the WR shooting up boards last minute as there's always one. But this was a hype train pick. Pearsall was still a 2/3 talent. It makes me wonder if Aiyuk is really out the door.

Finally, the Panthers... why? You move up ONE pick to select a guy that had fallen like bricks in water down everyone's boards. Legette is not a great prospect and Keon Coleman was still on the board (which I'll be SHOCKED if Buffalo doesn't take him with the 33 first thing tonight). Even though I am NOT an Adonai Mitchell fan, he was expected first round and fell into the second. Ladd McConkey was a borderline 1/2. All three still available and rated far higher than Legette. This is a bad pick. And a bad trade. You took a WR rated lower early last year too (Mingo in the 2nd). The Panthers are trying to be sleek and savvy, but are just plain BAD at this... Sorry, FQ. :(

The good news is there should be a decent WR available in the second for the Patriots at 35, which I hope they do. So far they've done right by me. I've been high on them taking McConkey at 35 if he falls. Here's hoping! I don't like Adonai, but I'd settle for him in the second if McConkey and Coleman are off the board and go to Buffalo or Washington.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Speaking of, the Raiders... taking Bowers... is a joke. Look, Bowers is a great talent, but the best thing the Raiders could have done was move OUT of the pick and do something else. Take Bowers a year after taking Meyers is just a waste when you still don't have an arm to throw to them. Not to mention the Raiders idiocy for 2 TE sets and using neither TE (read Meyer/Hooper last year) and it's a recipe to waste the careers of both men. Meyers is hurt most by this because if they DO learn to use a TE, Bowers is light years better.
The other thing I'll say is...

You can't read into last year at all with a brand new regime in place and it's also entirely possible they don't even like Meyer if Bowers is as good you say.

Fire Queen

GW Elder
Finally, the Panthers... why? You move up ONE pick to select a guy that had fallen like bricks in water down everyone's boards. Legette is not a great prospect and Keon Coleman was still on the board (which I'll be SHOCKED if Buffalo doesn't take him with the 33 first thing tonight). Even though I am NOT an Adonai Mitchell fan, he was expected first round and fell into the second. Ladd McConkey was a borderline 1/2. All three still available and rated far higher than Legette. This is a bad pick. And a bad trade. You took a WR rated lower early last year too (Mingo in the 2nd). The Panthers are trying to be sleek and savvy, but are just plain BAD at this... Sorry, FQ. :(
well, there's plenty of receivers the panthers drafted after trading up that worked out great for them! just look at devin funchess. he's a great basketball player in the philippines! and kelvin benjamin! we didn't even have to trade up for that guy and he led us to a 15-1 season the year he tore his ACL. and we can't forget d.j. moore of course. he had a career season last year! for the bears, i mean, but still! and let's see who else is a WR the panthers took in the first round...uh oh the only other name i'm seeing is rae carruth

well, there's plenty of receivers the panthers drafted after trading up that worked out great for them! just look at devin funchess. he's a great basketball player in the philippines! and kelvin benjamin! we didn't even have to trade up for that guy and he led us to a 15-1 season the year he tore his ACL. and we can't forget d.j. moore of course. he had a career season last year! for the bears, i mean, but still! and let's see who else is a WR the panthers took in the first round...uh oh the only other name i'm seeing is rae carruth
Your signature, with this statement is just absolute gold. Also, poor Bryce Young. I disliked the guy last year, but man are they killing any chance this kid had at a career.

The other thing I'll say is...

You can't read into last year at all with a brand new regime in place and it's also entirely possible they don't even like Meyer if Bowers is as good you say.

He's good. One of the best TEs to come out in a while. (That sounded weird to say...) But Meyers is a good TE in his own right. Typically TEs don't contribute rookie seasons. So this was set to be a breakout year for Meyers. I had him as a sneaky sleeper in my fantasy radar. Now he's off it completely. The issue is you have a full diva alpha in Adams already, so TE opps are limited. Now you're going to hurt both careers... and oh, yeah, that's assuming Aiden O'Connell worked on that wet noodle arm of him and the below average accuracy he had.

I'm so glad I kept Zamir White last year.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

Fire Queen

GW Elder
Your signature, with this statement is just absolute gold.
LOL it's on a rotator so idk which achewood bit is was, you'll have to tell me

Also, poor Bryce Young. I disliked the guy last year, but man are they killing any chance this kid had at a career.
yeah i was always team CJ over him even before the draft and last year was very affirming (if painful) for me, although i think this organization was so dysfunctional last year that CJ woulda struggled too

• Hugs
I’m extremely excited that the Broncos will get the opportunity to draft a QB for our fresh start again in 2028
As a Chiefs fan, I'm unsure if I enjoy our success more, or the continued failures of the other organizations in the division. Manning-excepted, these 3 teams have been floundering for about 2 decades now and it's so enjoyable, especially the perennial off-season champs, the LA Chargers.

• Haha
Back
Top Bottom