X-Men '97 (2024)

Genre: Animation,Action & Adventure,Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Ray Chase,Jennifer Hale,Alison Sealy-Smith,Cathal J. Dodd,JP Karliak,Lenore Zann,George Buza,A.J. LoCascio,Holly Chou,Isaac Robinson-Smith,Matthew Waterson,Adrian Hough

First aired:

Show status: In Production

Overview: The X-Men, a band of mutants who use their uncanny gifts to protect a world that hates and fears them, are challenged like never before, forced to face a dangerous and unexpected new future.

Where to watch

Cast Crew

• Ray Chase

Cyclops (voice)
    • Jennifer Hale

Jean Grey (voice)
    • Alison Sealy-Smith

Storm (voice)
    • Cathal J. Dodd

Wolverine (voice)
    • JP Karliak

Morph (voice)
    • Lenore Zann

Rogue (voice)
    • George Buza

Beast (voice)
    • A.J. LoCascio

Gambit (voice)
    • Holly Chou

Jubilee (voice)
    • Isaac Robinson-Smith

Bishop (voice)
    • Matthew Waterson

Magneto (voice)
    • Adrian Hough

Nightcrawler (voice)
    • Victoria Alonso (Production)

• Brad Winderbaum (Production)

• Charley Feldman (Production)

• Kevin Feige (Production)

• Taylor Stewart (Sound)

• Jake Castorena (Art)

• JB Ballard (Directing)

• Andrew Grush (Sound)

• Beau DeMayo (Production)

Reactions: Ben
Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yessssssss. I had no idea this was a thing before now, but it looks so good.

Nostalgia intensifies.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
the best version of Cyclops is the one from X3.
Im Out GIF

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I have high hopes for this though. The showrunner was a writer on The Witcher and left after season 1. Made comments after being announced for this that he didn't like working on Witcher because most of the writer's room had no respect for the source material.

X-Men '97
To Me, My X-Men
Season: 1
Episode: 1
Air date: 2024-03-20

Guest stars: Ross Marquand,Gui Agustini,Catherine Disher,Lawrence Bayne,Todd Haberkorn,Eric Bauza,Gavin Hammon
Cyclops races to find the source of new anti-mutant technology.

So I watched the first episode. Didn't have time for more before work. I enjoyed it a lot, lots of nostalgia

won't post spoilers, but I'll still post my brief thoughts in a spoiler.

• Loved how they kept the theme song mostly the same, wish it was exactly the same
  • Animation style is similar and familiar to the early seasons of the original, but sometimes feel too much like archer
  • Favorite part was the more creative usage of their powers
  • The new voice of cyclops is incredible, sounds just like the original
  • @VashTheStampede is going to love how they portray cyclops
  • Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
that big fight towards the end. this show is literally making me cry, feels like being a kid again watching it.

"give em the forecast"
"OMEGA LEVEL THREAT DETECTED"

the gambit, wolverine, morph combo was awesome.

this is going to be so fun.

AND JEAN PREGGERS

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
Surely most of you on here must have been watching this. Surely.

What does everyone think? I'm three episodes in and honestly I think it's absolutely spot on. It's properly awakened that 90s superhero cartoon excitement in me, and I think the balance of updating the visual style and making the dialogue and plot lines a little more mature whilst very much keeping the 90s feel for the visuals and show generally is the perfect balance. I expect I'll be all for another season of this, and while we're at it, the 90s spiderman cartoon finished on a similar cliffhanger with clearly the prospect of more to come. If that could get the same treatment it'd be amazing.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I'm three episodes in and honestly I think it's absolutely spot on. It's properly awakened that 90s superhero cartoon excitement in me, and I think the balance of updating the visual style and making the dialogue and plot lines a little more mature whilst very much keeping the 90s feel for the visuals and show generally is the perfect balance. I expect I'll be all for another season of this, and while we're at it, the 90s spiderman cartoon finished on a similar cliffhanger with clearly the prospect of more to come. If that could get the same treatment it'd be amazing.

I'm three episodes in and honestly I think it's absolutely spot on. It's properly awakened that 90s superhero cartoon excitement in me, and I think the balance of updating the visual style and making the dialogue and plot lines a little more mature whilst very much keeping the 90s feel for the visuals and show generally is the perfect balance. I expect I'll be all for another season of this, and while we're at it, the 90s spiderman cartoon finished on a similar cliffhanger with clearly the prospect of more to come. If that could get the same treatment it'd be amazing.
I agree wholeheartedly. I think I preferred spidey to x-men, but I think it is close enough to be a coin flip for those two shows

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I agree wholeheartedly. I think I preferred spidey to x-men, but I think it is close enough to be a coin flip for those two shows
I definitely preferred spiderman to x-men, but have fond memories of both shows. Plus, I'm starting to read more graphic novels and am currently on a bit of an X-Men binge as I catch up with the X-Men storyline leading to Avengers vs X-Men in 2012. So that combined with watching '97 is just so spot on at the moment for me.

which was your favorite episode?

I think it was the second episode

Magneto's speech at the end really hit me on a personal level, mix in Nathan's birth and it really spoke to me. Also Storm's reaction to losing her powers

A close second, just the whole slaughter plus Gambit's sacrifice.

Honorable mention

Giving away Nathan

They've all been great. It's been so long since I've seen the original series, was the original series this plot and character heavy?

Also I will always love Jubilee's vibes

What about you?

I think it was the second episode

Magneto's speech at the end really hit me on a personal level, mix in Nathan's birth and it really spoke to me. Also Storm's reaction to losing her powers

A close second, just the whole slaughter plus Gambit's sacrifice.

Honorable mention

Giving away Nathan

They've all been great. It's been so long since I've seen the original series, was the original series this plot and character heavy?

Also I will always love Jubilee's vibes

What about you?
I honestly can’t decide, but I think I’d go with 8 so far

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
Hell of a 9th episode with great set up for finale
Yep. This show is basically television perfection for me. Massive nostalgia but updated in a way that feels modern and old fashioned at the same time, with dialogue and plot lines that make it credible compared to some of the 90s cheesiness. I sat down and watched episode 9 as soon as I could today, and I haven't done that for so long with a tv show. Some of the action sequences in this latest episode were spectacular. Bring on next week.

Back
Top Bottom