Would you work at a theme park?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
While watching a Disney livestream yesterday, I noticed the cast members standing at the front of the queues to get into lines for the rides and thought to myself....hmm, that's a good job for me. All I have to do is stand there and make sure they're getting in the right line lol. Easy money!

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I used to have a seasonal job working at a theme park actually.

It... was hell.

The entitlement of "I paid good money for these tickets, this line is taking too long!" is exhausting and makes me want to smack people with the backside of my hand.

questions how you really feel GIF by Lucifer

I used to have a seasonal job working at a theme park actually.

It... was hell.

The entitlement of "I paid good money for these tickets, this line is taking too long!" is exhausting and makes me want to smack people with the backside of my hand.

questions how you really feel GIF by Lucifer
TBF, some complaints are valid... especially at a Six Flags. Some parks are poorly run and efficiency is not emphasized at all. Cedar Fair always seemed to do it better, which is why I'm concerned about the merger. Some rides are also poorly designed at the loading and unloading stage. Magnum at CP is purposely designed to get people on and off of the ride as quickly as possible. Then you have the Maverick which seemed designed to make sure you were standing in line for 30+ minutes on a cold Wednesday afternoon.

That said... people could just go on weekdays and avoid the long lines instead of coming in on a weekend where they're guaranteed to ride 5 or less major rides.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
TBF, some complaints are valid... especially at a Six Flags. Some parks are poorly run and efficiency is not emphasized at all. Cedar Fair always seemed to do it better, which is why I'm concerned about the merger. Some rides are also poorly designed at the loading and unloading stage. Magnum at CP is purposely designed to get people on and off of the ride as quickly as possible. Then you have the Maverick which seemed designed to make sure you were standing in line for 30+ minutes on a cold Wednesday afternoon.

That said... people could just go on weekdays and avoid the long lines instead of coming in on a weekend where they're guaranteed to ride 5 or less major rides.
Oh don't get me wrong...

I understand that the complaints can be valid. I hate lines just as much as anyone, but to go full boomer and berate the staff like they can actually do anything to help you?

I always went on damp rainy days. Great way to avoid the lines. The big coasters hurt though.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Fuck no. You have to be cheerful all day no matter what's going on in your life or what people do to you, the pay is garbage, people are awful to you (crowds of customers always are), you're standing all day, you're stuck outside in awful weather... probably more reasons but that seems like enough to justify my answer.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I always wondered how those kids managed to survive, especially since it’s seasonal work for most of them and a lot of their first gigs.

Characters at amusement parks? I will never understand how they survive. You couldn’t pay me enough to roast in one of those suits, but I’m biased after spending too much time baking in the sun building stuff or manually mixing concrete as a teen.

In short: Fuck no. Hell no. Absolutely not. Props to all of those that do, y’all were troopers.

ZandraJoi

I think it'd be too crowded & too noisy for my taste. For extroverts, it'd be a great way to meet new people.

Back
Top Bottom