• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Would you try out the Xbox handheld if it gets announced?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
With rumors going around that it's going to be announced during the Xbox showcase coming up, would you pony up the cash to get one? I probably wouldnt unless both my Xbox One and Xbox Series S go up and I have no other choice.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Microsoft doesn't have anything, and couldn't afford to consider even if they did, that would wind up being exclusive to a portable/handheld Xbox. So, no, I wouldn't even look at it.

I already have an X360, Xbone and Series X set up (that I barely play), and I have literally hundreds of GBC/GBA/NDS/3DS and PSP/Vita games downstairs of which I've played and finished maybe 25 because I just can't commit to tiny screens. Even the Switch is docked only when I mess with that.

Microsoft doesn't have anything, and couldn't afford to consider even if they did, that would wind up being exclusive to a portable/handheld Xbox. So, no, I wouldn't even look at it.
Yep, there's no point getting a Microsoft handheld when Steam Deck already offers that and more. Microsoft doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Only if we could install stuff like Steam on it
You probably wouldnt be able to unless it was hacked. Will probably be Xbox stuff only.
It would actually be interesting to see, honestly.

The Series S was touted as being an incredible bargain early on into its life because you could literally just use dev mode and the built-in web browser to install and run emulators right there on the console, zero outside help required beyond the console and internet. I think they've made it a little more complicated to do now in the last ~2 years, but I think it still works.

So it might depend more on price point and power at the end of the day. Unless Microsoft screws it up, as they're... y'know, really good at doing.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
I have a Steamdeck already, so no I wouldn't. It's so damn versatile that pretty much anything a Microsoft handheld would be able to run, it already can.

It's pretty much revolutionized how I play games nowadays too. Never even bother with my desktop or consoles at all.

Back
Top Bottom