Why do cats sleep so much?

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
GW Elder
Cats sleep an average of fifteen hours a day, and some can sleep up to twenty hours in a twenty-four hour period. Which raises the question: Why do cats sleep so much?

How much sleep does your cat get on average if you could guess?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
All I know is with what my house sounds like at night, I question how much sleep those two ever really get.
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Short burst predators. They save more energy by sleeping 18+ hours of the day. Makes it easier to go hard when a bird happens to walk into the wrong neighborhood.

My cat go bananas at 7am if I'm not already up and feeding her. Sometimes I get the 3am yowling as she runs around the house thinking everyone disappeared, or something.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Short burst predators. They save more energy by sleeping 18+ hours of the day. Makes it easier to go hard when a bird happens to walk into the wrong neighborhood.

My cat go bananas at 7am if I'm not already up and feeding her. Sometimes I get the 3am yowling as she runs around the house thinking everyone disappeared, or something.
It's their training, they all follow a standardized field guide

• Meeeoww
Reactions: Ben

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
New theory: them sleeping is them also telepathically draining your energy and this makes them happy.

It's the only explanation for my phenomenon where they jump on me on the couch, fall asleep, and then I always fall asleep on the couch until like 3am.

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Kat

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
The other day, I sat down to read, and a cat hopped on my chest and started purring. I was asleep within minutes and woke up four hours later.
This happens to me far more often than I care to admit. They just like to trap you where they want you and then you also feel guilty for getting up.

True master manipulators.

Back
Top Bottom