• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Verdict What's better: squirrels or frogs

*bangs eggplant*

The court of public opinion will now open the case of squirrels versus frogs. Which is the superior animal? One is a champion swimmer, the other a master of climbing trees. Both have their celebrities even in the video game world, like Conker or Frogger. We will discuss the pros and cons of each.

Is this a dumb case? You bet it is! So feel free to also submit writs for future cases. Actually maybe I'll make a separate thread for that. Oh I'm rambling.

Top Hat Dancing GIF by Looney Tunes

Exhibit A for frogs.

Rare Replay Wrong Way GIF by Rare Ltd

Exhibit A for squirrels.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Frog DNA is what buggered up Jurassic Park, which is bad.

And Squirrel Girl is far more powerful than Frog-man in Marvel comics.

The only real advantage frogs have is being and to survive better underwater than a squirrel, except that one from Bikini Bottom.

I'm leaning nutbags.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Frog DNA made Nedry shut off the fences?
No, and that' s fair, but grand-scheme things were going wrong even before Nedry decided to steal the embryo's for Biosyn.

It's covered more in the novel, but the dinosaurs were reproducing on the island for a long time. Procompsognathus were getting off the island and onto mainland, attacking babies in cribs. The underground/sewer system on Jurassic Park was full of Velociraptors using them as nests.

And this problem was left unchecked, because the park security systems were designed to do a periodic count of the dinosaurs on the island and alert if any were missing. It however was never programmed to count if there were more dinosaurs than expected.

So regardless of Nedry turning off the fences and expediting the chaos, things had already failed with the park due to the ability for some dinosaurs, with DNA bridged by frog-segments, to change sex as necessary in a single-sex environment.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
No, and that' s fair, but grand-scheme things were going wrong even before Nedry decided to steal the embryo's for Biosyn.

It's covered more in the novel, but the dinosaurs were reproducing on the island for a long time. Procompsognathus were getting off the island and onto mainland, attacking babies in cribs. The underground/sewer system on Jurassic Park was full of Velociraptors using them as nests.

And this problem was left unchecked, because the park security systems were designed to do a periodic count of the dinosaurs on the island and alert if any were missing. It however was never programmed to count if there were more dinosaurs than expected.

So regardless of Nedry turning off the fences and expediting the chaos, things had already failed with the park due to the ability for some dinosaurs, with DNA bridged by frog-segments, to change sex as necessary in a single-sex environment.
So without any of that happening, there's no story then

Judge can make a verdick
One method I'm considering: a lawyer volunteers for each side. Then those lawyers do jury selection.

I have two ideas for jury selection.

First idea: Lawyers pick jurors sympathetic to their case, and has one optional veto to use on the opposite laywer's picks.

Second idea: Lawyers pick jurors for the opposite side. They'll have to pick someone who leans for the other case, but likely they'll try to pick someone who's not so hard on their opinion and could be reasoned with.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
One method I'm considering: a lawyer volunteers for each side. Then those lawyers do jury selection.

I have two ideas for jury selection.

First idea: Lawyers pick jurors sympathetic to their case, and has one optional veto to use on the opposite laywer's picks.

Second idea: Lawyers pick jurors for the opposite side. They'll have to pick someone who leans for the other case, but likely they'll try to pick someone who's not so hard on their opinion and could be reasoned with.
Borrow @Zell 17 ’s RNG and auto select a jury

Back
Top Bottom