Music What was the last concert you went to?

My last concert was a few weeks ago: Kreator/Death Angel/Spirit World (I skipped Sepultura because they don't play much from the era of their music I like).

It was an awesome show. Kreator was a bit too loud, even for my earplugs somehow. They and Death Angel were both super tight - age does not slow these guys down at all. Spirit World was not very good, but I didn't really have any expectations for them.

Who have you guys seen recently?

~Lightning~

GW Elder
Last one was Electric Callboy in May? I think

Next one is Spiritbox in Bristol next month, sold out super fast so happy to get tickets

Nabbed two tickets for Bring me the Horizon next year too

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I haven’t been to a show in years… I stopped going after I stopped drinking, and I went to a Slipknot and Korn show back in 2014 and realized maybe I’m not cut out for shows for the time being. I found it too hard to enjoy myself when I was busy watching everyone’s moves like a fucking hawk… kinda kills the vibe when you’re stuck in your head securing your surroundings. I’d love to get out to one nowadays, though. I’ve gotten much better in busy situations since then…

Haken with Arch Echo in Boston. Was a super cool small show that the furthest you could be back from the stage was 20 feet.

Prior to that I saw chvrches twice on their last tour, Rage Against the Machine in Pittsburgh when they came around with Run the Jewels... Iron Maiden last fall, Ghost last fall, Mastodon last fall. I have tickets to see Ghost and Amon Amarth in August and Baroness in November.

kid_a

GW Elder
My last show was before the panorama, and my next is going to be this fall!
Last: Ra Ra Riot, Jimmy Eat World & Third Eye Blind
Next: The Postal Service & Death Cab for Cutie 20th Anniversary albums tour

April 2022 I saw Typhoon play. It was weird, people still wearing masks. Vaccine cards or negative test to get in. Great intimate show. Our second time seeing them live.

August 2022 I saw the Killers. Johnny Marr opened. That was my first stadium concert in ages. Went with a friend who the Killers is his all-time favorite band.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629-114305.png
    Screenshot_20230629-114305.png
    614.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230629-113237.png
    Screenshot_20230629-113237.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230629-113028.png
    Screenshot_20230629-113028.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
I saw Stone Temple Pilots when Chester Bennington was the lead singer in the House of Blues in Cleveland. The opening band was awful, and the venue was not well suited for a rock band like them.

I have a chance to see Yellowcard in August and Flogging Molly in September. Missed out on a chance to see Muse live and I was pissed that I missed it.

I saw Iron Maiden last summer, great show! Would've liked to the the Future Past show, though.

I had tickets to see Ozzy five years or so ago, but his age/health finally caught up to him so he won't be coming to Sweden I guess. Sucks.

Edit: Forgot about seeing Sabaton in February! Great show!

Last edited:
I saw Iron Maiden last summer, great show! Would've liked to the the Future Past show, though.

I had tickets to see Ozzy five years or so ago, but his age/health finally caught up to him so he won't be coming to Sweden I guess. Sucks.

Edit: Forgot about seeing Sabaton in February! Great show!
Maiden's current set is insane. I hope that comes to North America because I need to see it.

Not much of a music guy so I've only ever been to 2 concerts in my life, and both were years ago:

First was a rap festival that I went to with a bunch of friends in high school. I wasn't big on rap but I got invited and thought "Oh hey, I like some Snoop Dogg and that one Atmosphere song I've heard, guess I'll go". My friends wanted to leave just after Snoop got on stage, and they were my ride so that was a pretty rough experience.
Second one was like a throwback concert at our state fair with Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, and Smash Mouth in that order. Went with my parents (their first concert), and we all witnessed our first moshpit during Sugar Ray of all people. I enjoyed the concert but my parents hated being pushed around in a crowd of drunks the whole time. Can't blame them for not wanting to go to concerts after that.

Would really like to see Foo Fighters or Disturbed at some point in my life. Maybe RHCP or Ninja Sex Party. Don't really have any irl friends to go with these days though.

kid_a

GW Elder
Would really like to see Foo Fighters or Disturbed at some point in my life. Maybe RHCP or Ninja Sex Party. Don't really have any irl friends to go with these days though.
NSP would be great, Danny has such a crazy voice, and their 80s cover album was great!

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
haven’t had a chance to see a concert since the pandemmy hit but in 2019 i saw Carly Rae Jepsen in the summer (AMAZING show and also the queerest audience i’ve ever been a part of for anything. one of the audience members gave her an inflatable sword) and then later in the fall i saw Tyler, The Creator. that was for the IGOR tour but he also brought out some of his older deep cuts that i was not at all expecting him to play. it ruled

Uh...good question. I've seen more musicals lately, with:
  • The Lion King
  • Book of Mormon
  • Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Jagged Little Pill
  • Wicked
Being among them.

In terms of concerts...been a little while, probably need to go back to 2019 for that. Pretty sure that year (and into the beginning of 2020) I saw:
  • Alice Cooper
  • Joan Baez
  • Death Cab for Cutie
And maybe a few others.

Last night I saw Atheist and Cynic. This was my second time seeing Atheist and they were even better this time, since they played the majority of Unquestionable Presence (though weirdly they omitted the best song on the record: And the Psychic Saw). I picked up a copy of Elements on CD, so my Atheist collection is complete!

I've never really been a Cynic fan, so I stuck around for them playing Focus in its entirety and then bailed on the last few songs. I was hoping they have Focus, just to round out my collection, but unfortunately no luck there.

Maiden's current set is insane. I hope that comes to North America because I need to see it.
I'm hoping they bring it to North America too.

Recent concerts for me:

Saw Iron Maiden last fall in Sioux Falls, SD. Awesome show per usual with them. Highlights were Sign of the Cross and The Clansmen, which I got to see live for the first time.

Saw two concerts in three days at the end of May (day before and after Memorial day): HammerFall in Lawrence, KS and then Helloween (with HammerFall opening) in Denver. I had seen HammerFall three times before (once in 2002 opening for Dio and twice with Edguy in 2005) and Helloween once before (2018 in Massachusetts, same trip when I met Tom (Eye)).

HammerFall was fun, but admittedly I haven't followed much of their stuff since Chapter V (though I did enjoy Built to Last from 2016). They were one of my first power metal bands, so I always have a soft spot for them, especially their early stuff (Legacy of Kings is a classic power metal album). They put on a great show, and Joachim Cans is a fun front man.

Helloween put on an awesome show. The fact that they have all three singers together in the band now gives them a lot of flexibility when it comes to crafting a setlist. Michael Kiske and Andi Deris sound amazing together, and Kai Hansen did his thing with the early stuff in a little Walls of Jericho medley. I love Kai as a singer/guitarist/songwriter, and he always looks like he's having so much fun. Kiske, of course, is an all time top tier power metal vocalist, and Deris is great too. They all sounded great, and the setlist had a nice mix of songs from different eras. It was cool getting to hear some of the new songs from 2021's self-titled album, especially Skyfall. Just an all around great show.

I had seen HammerFall three times before (once in 2002 opening for Dio and twice with Edguy in 2005)
I'm super jealous of this. I was a bit too young to see either tour and HammerFall and Edguy are both in my top 3 bands, and Dio is amazing too.

Glad you enjoyed the Helloween/HammerFall tour - it was awesome! Seeing Helloween in this form is truly a dream come true. I saw them before the Pumpkins United lineup (back in 2013) and was honestly fairly underwhelmed, even though I love most of their modern albums. They sound and play much better now than a decade ago.

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
Just saw Billy Talent and Weezer. Weezer can French kiss my knob, but BT was ace.

My band has a show later this month, too. Maybe I'll post some stuff here afterwards.

Last night I saw Halestorm. They were opening for Volbeat. I'm not a fan of either band, but I found a free ticket on Reddit at like 5PM last night. Halestorm was actually awesome. Lzzy Hale has so much energy - I actually feel like she'd be a better frontwoman without being chained down by her guitar. In any case, she was an awesome singer.

I decided to leave before Volbeat because I've seen them before and figured they wouldn't top Halestorm. Plus, I wanted to get home before it was dark.

When I got home, I listened to a couple of Halestorm tracks, and it's like a totally different band. Way less power, energy, and distortion on the record than live. All in all, a good night but I don't think I'll be buying any of their albums.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
Had a surprise Yellowcard/Mayday Parade show at the last minute tonight!

Not stuff I normally listen to but Yellowcard played a lot of stuff off Ocean Avenue so I was familiar enough. If you love Yellowcard you would love it. I’m not a huge fan but they played well and had good energy throughout.

Got to see Paramore a few weeks ago!

Id like to see them. I dated a huge Paramore fan, like she would drive all around the country to see them, like 8-10 hrs away,
I was just enjoying one of their latest music videos last night.

I didnt like their new album too much, it was okay

Had a surprise Yellowcard/Mayday Parade show at the last minute tonight!

Not stuff I normally listen to but Yellowcard played a lot of stuff off Ocean Avenue so I was familiar enough. If you love Yellowcard you would love it. I’m not a huge fan but they played well and had good energy throughout.
I'm going to a Yellowcard show in a couple weeks. They're playing alongside a band called "Story of the Year".

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Id like to see them. I dated a huge Paramore fan, like she would drive all around the country to see them, like 8-10 hrs away,

I didnt like their new album too much, it was okay
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of their latest album either. I don't get all the praise about it. I would say I'm not that huge of a fan now and I wouldn't pay their prices but I got my ex-roommate from college into them so she bought tickets for our bdays and was all "I already did it so no arguments from you." They did put on a good show and now I can say I've been 😊

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of their latest album either. I don't get all the praise about it. I would say I'm not that huge of a fan now and I wouldn't pay their prices but I got my ex-roommate from college into them so she bought tickets for our bdays and was all "I already did it so no arguments from you." They did put on a good show and now I can say I've been 😊
I have enjoyed Hayley's solo work if you haven't checked it out, they've come out in the last couple of years

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
I'm going to a Yellowcard show in a couple weeks. They're playing alongside a band called "Story of the Year".
I had to look them up — I know a couple of their songs.

I’m not big on emo (don’t hate it, just not my usual jam) but my wife and one of my disc golf buddies is really into it so I’m exposed.

Next up for me is Offspring, Sun 41 and Simple Plan. Never seen any of them before.

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
I'm sorry but.. are you being sarcastic with those quotes? Story of the Year's first album was the soundtrack to my high school life 😂

Also I remember when I listed Yellowcard as one of my top fave bands (on the original forums) and some of yall (I don't recall who) RAGGED on me for it!

I'm sorry but.. are you being sarcastic with those quotes? Story of the Year's first album was the soundtrack to my high school life
Nope. They are playing with Story of the Year. It's part of their Ocean Ave 20 year anniversary tour. Other bands they're playing with during this tour are Mayday Parade and Anberlin.

I've only hear of Anberlin. I looked up Story of the Year on YT and I've never heard of any of their songs.

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
The violin is thing that differentiates them from most other bands.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I mean.. the violin pieces make their music iconic so is it really a gimmick?

I wouldn’t categorize them as iconic by any means… they were a one hit wonder during the scene they came up in. It’s not like they have the same kind of recognizable catalog or as large of a fan base as their peers from the era.

The violin is thing that differentiates them from most other bands.

Weird Al plays an accordion and differentiates himself from most other bands, too, but only one of the two has sold millions of records and tickets on their own… and it ain’t the guy with the violin.

I give the dude credit for his commitment, but I’ve never been able to look beyond the “my mom says the violin IS punk rawk and you can’t kick me outta the band, so you guys have to let me play with you” feel I got off of the first couple songs I heard of theirs.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yellowcard is not a one hit wonder....

I mean… if they stuck at it for 20+ years now, I’d kinda hope they weren’t for their sake. The fact remains, I wouldn’t consider them iconic by any stretch of the imagination. Sure, they might be some people’s favorite band, but that’s not icon status.

Back
Top Bottom