Vikings-What's our deal

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
Can a non Vikings fan really elaborate what our dealio is. And please side with me when I say KC is a terrible QB.

I'm a sotan and come second quarter I lose so much gas for them.

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
Our offense has been absolutely terrible.

I don't understand why we traded everyone when we had a stellar team from last year, heck we were 10-3 . now its just abysmal.

The problem is exactly what Vash said. KC is perfectly capable with JJ and the supporting weapons to make sure you should be a 9-8 team generally, but not much better unless they hit a hot streak. You get stuck there because the draft picks aren't as big an impact in the middle of the draft.

I'd be happy with KC keeping them respectable but they have to start developing a dynamic young QB to be ready in the next couple years. It would be beneficial to do that while KC is still there. You never want to throw a rookie QB into the mix, even though everyone does it now.

Also the Vikings record was disingenuous last year with all those one score games going their way. They could have just as easily had a losing record like they do this year.

Vikings need to trade for Jacoby Brissett ASAP of they want to compete this year.

I want the Browns to go and get him, but Watson refuses to go into the IR, and its unlikely that the Browns will trade for a QB while he continues to string us along.

Vikings and Jets are the only other teams that are contenders with a problem at QB right now, and the Jets continue to win in spite of Zach Wilson being total fucking trash, so I bet they don't trade for another QB. It's super unlikely that Cousins comes back this season, so the Vikings need to get someone before that Tuesday deadline.

Kudos to Kirk cheering his team on as he was being carted off. Say what you will, the dude is class and fun.

It's also hilarious how after the Cardinals game they immediately ruled Kyler out next week and the rumors started flying of "KYLER TO THE VIKINGS!"

I mean... I wouldn't complain, I drafted him in our league and in my keeper league where I took him in the 15th. And you bet your ass I'd keep the guy who will be throwing to JJets for next to nothing.

There's no way the Cardinals trade Kyler... right? Unless they reaaaaaaaallly want to tank this season and let Dobbs drive the tank.

Right now, the Panthers seem destined to be that number one pick. Unless they do shaft their QB over like the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen and draft another QB in the first round, I can't see them picking up a QB, but they'd be smart to trade down and get a LOT of draft picks in return. If the Cards get a first for Kyler, then I could see trading him would work and they wouldn't have to worry much about losing out on a #1 pick, but I do not think they're going to get their man in this state. I also don't like having Dobbs pilot the tank. He is not a good QB but he is doing the exact thing I think Colt McCoy was suggested would do and therefore was the reason he got shitcanned, he puts forth effort to will his team to a win or 3, and that is contrary to what a GM who wants their team to tank does. Dobbs has shown that he is at least trying and isn't just laying down and dying, but as the season progresses and the losses keep piling up, I fear for his confidence.

There's no way the Cardinals trade Kyler... right? Unless they reaaaaaaaallly want to tank this season and let Dobbs drive the tank.

They are tanking. And yes, they would trade Kyler.

Right now, the Panthers seem destined to be that number one pick. Unless they do shaft their QB over like the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen and draft another QB in the first round, I can't see them picking up a QB, but they'd be smart to trade down and get a LOT of draft picks in return.

The Panthers don't have a 1. They traded it to the Bears. Besides, if they did get it, they would probably trade out to 2 and take Harrison, and have a stud WR to go with they young QB.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
Cardinals would absolutely trade Murray. In fact, I expect it. They've been telegraphing for ages that they want to take a QB in this upcoming draft. The Panthers will almost certainly stick with Young (as a Texans fan I'm delighted we got Stroud at the 1.02, but Young hasn't shown any real signs that he's a bust yet), not least because they gave up their immediate valuable draft capital for him. The Cardinals have the draft capital to make a move (they have the Texans first rounder next year, remember), and they likely won't have to move very far to get the QB they want, or one of the QBs they want. The big decision will be whether the Bears stick with Fields given that they're likely to have two top five picks at the very least.

Murray to the Vikings makes so much sense that it probably won't happen, but I don't think there's much chance that he's a Cardinal next season.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I was laughed at that I said Stroud is a far superior prospect and would have a significantly superior NFL career to Young.
His fundamentals always looked better and he was considered more ‘pro ready’. The major concern was his Wonderlic score, tied to his ability to process, particularly under pressure. That’s traditionally been quite a good measure of a QB’s ability to read the game at the pro level, but despite his low score (it was the lowest for a first round QB in a very long time, can’t remember exactly how long) he’s shown no issues with that so far.

His fundamentals always looked better and he was considered more ‘pro ready’. The major concern was his Wonderlic score, tied to his ability to process, particularly under pressure. That’s traditionally been quite a good measure of a QB’s ability to read the game at the pro level, but despite his low score (it was the lowest for a first round QB in a very long time, can’t remember exactly how long) he’s shown no issues with that so far.
While not entirely, I do think this comes down to coaching a bit.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
While not entirely, I do think this comes down to coaching a bit.
I agree. The impact of coaching is always underestimated the draft process in my view. Scheme, too. The Texans are looking very well coached this year with objectively limited talent. By contrast, Young isn’t really being put in positions to succeed.

I agree. The impact of coaching is always underestimated the draft process in my view. Scheme, too. The Texans are looking very well coached this year with objectively limited talent. By contrast, Young isn’t really being put in positions to succeed.
Demeco Ryans was one of my favorite LBs to watch growing up. I was really happy for him. And he's surrounding himself with good coaches. He and Dan Campbell remind me a lot of one another. I want to hate Campbell because of how he screwed Swift last year and Gibbs this year, but he's just too damn likeable. His whole staff is underdog former players. I friggin love it.
Oh dear lord, don't remind me...the way things are at the moment, Matt Rhule's looking better and better each day. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Frank Reich is a joke. He's is a TERRIBLE head coach and I don't know how he got another job after how bad he was in Indy. Steve Wilks should have gotten that job. It isn't even close.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
Demeco Ryans was one of my favorite LBs to watch growing up. I was really happy for him. And he's surrounding himself with good coaches. He and Dan Campbell remind me a lot of one another. I want to hate Campbell because of how he screwed Swift last year and Gibbs this year, but he's just too damn likeable. His whole staff is underdog former players. I friggin love it.
As a Gibbs fantasy owner, I have very much come round to Campbell's use of Gibbs in the last two weeks. They rode him hard last night. Reynolds looked decent at times too. Their run game when Montgomery comes back is going to be frightening. I'm expecting something another Jackson/Spiller or Kamara/Ingram situation, only possibly better than both of those. They'll be able to run the ball all game if they want to, but then have Amon Ra, LaPorta and Williams for when they want to throw it. Has the makings of an offense that is a genuine game planning nightmare. Doesn't help that their defense is looking solid compared to previous years too.

I have very much come round to Campbell's use of Gibbs in the last two weeks.
I had him in 3/4 leagues this year. Traded him in my dynasty league. But it wasn't the last 2 weeks I had issue with, it was the first 3. Gibbs is TOO talented to only touch the ball 8 times and NEVER in the red zone... especially for a 3 YPC plodder like Monty. He did the same thing to Swift last year with Williams. It's frustrating because the kid is SO explosive. Split the backfield, fine. But don't give Monty 30 carries and Gibbs only touch the ball 8 times and never in the red zone. Week 10 is going to be telling, because these two weeks without Monty have proven how good Gibbs is.

I've had to give up on keeping him in my keeper league because of it. I'll be keeping Breece Hall instead. But it pains me.

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I had him in 3/4 leagues this year. Traded him in my dynasty league. But it wasn't the last 2 weeks I had issue with, it was the first 3. Gibbs is TOO talented to only touch the ball 8 times and NEVER in the red zone... especially for a 3 YPC plodder like Monty. He did the same thing to Swift last year with Williams. It's frustrating because the kid is SO explosive. Split the backfield, fine. But don't give Monty 30 carries and Gibbs only touch the ball 8 times and never in the red zone. Week 10 is going to be telling, because these two weeks without Monty have proven how good Gibbs is.

I've had to give up on keeping him in my keeper league because of it. I'll be keeping Breece Hall instead. But it pains me.
Agree with all of that, and I will admit that I’m a bit uneasy about what might happen when Montgomery does come back.

Back
Top Bottom