• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Upcoming Releases: Week 23 (06/10~06/16)

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm definitely going to pick up Mario vs Donkey Kong at some point. It seems to be an almost 1-for-1 remake of the GB classic which I've never played... I think?

I've also never played Tomb Raider. I'm thinking of picking that up too, but... Remaster/remake quality has been pretty hit-or-miss lately so I'll wait to see how it reviews first.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
I've also never played Tomb Raider. I'm thinking of picking that up too, but... Remaster/remake quality has been pretty hit-or-miss lately so I'll wait to see how it reviews first.
Digital Foundry released their video a couple hours ago. They seem pretty positive about it overall, at least on console:

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Digital Foundry released their video a couple hours ago. They seem pretty positive about it overall, at least on console:

Hell yeah, they look fantastic! I've never played the original Tomb Raider games but watching this video has really got me in the mood to try them out.

Raine

GW Elder
Upcoming [Console] Releases: 2024 Week 8 (02/19~02/25)

Howdy folks! It's before midnight so technically this isn't late. So there. :tease

...That being said, it's almost midnight. So I'll see about doing highlights tomorrow night.

DateGame TitleNSWPS4PS5XBOXSXMetacritic
2/19​
King Arthur: Knight's Tale
✔​
✔​
2/20​
Balatro
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/20​
qomp2
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/20​
Return to Grace
✔​
✔​
2/20​
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
✔​
✔​
✔​
2/21​
A Time Traveller's Guide To Past Delicacies
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/21​
Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story (Deluxe Edition)
✔​
TBD
2/21​
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn (Open Beta)
~​
~​
✔​
2/21​
ROUNDS
✔​
TBD
2/21​
Slave Zero X
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/21​
Tenderfoot Tactics
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/22​
502's Arcade
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/22​
Garden Life: A Cozy Simulator
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/22​
Inkulinati
✔​
✔​
~​
2/22​
Pacific Drive
✔​
TBD
2/23​
Aery - Stone Age
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/23​
Broforce (Physical)
✔​
✔​
2/23​
Flooded
~​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/23​
Promenade
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/23​
Strange Horticulture
~​
✔​
✔​

DateGame Title
2/20​
Hopping Bunny
2/20​
PlateUp!
2/21​
Froggie - A Retro Platformer
2/21​
Metro Simulator 2
2/22​
Apex Heroines
2/22​
Geometric Sniper Z
2/22​
LUNARiA -Virtualized Moonchild-
2/22​
Quadroids
2/22​
Slimeboo
2/22​
Squirrel Stapler
2/22​
Toy Rider
2/22​
Yohane the Parhelion - NUMAZU in the MIRAGE -
2/23​
Dino Race - Dinosaur Ride Ranch
2/23​
The Jump Guys
2/23​
Truck Sim 2024
2/23​
Unlife
2/23​
Wira & Taksa: Against the Master of Gravity
2/24​
Snap Together: New Challenges
2/25​
Lion Simulator Survival: RPG Animal Battle

Last edited:
  • Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
lmaooo what was that last one Raine

I looked that up and you just straight up maul animals, hahaha what the fuck

lmao I am cry laughing right now, thank you for bringing this to my attention

Edit:

1708317757568.png

Hahahahahaha I have tears right now

Raine

GW Elder
I looked that up and you just straight up maul animals, hahaha what the fuck
Hah! The Switch list is always good for an insane game title or two, if nothing else. :chuckle

There's unfortunately just so many games dropped onto the platform every week that it's impossible to try and sort out what's shovelware and what's something worth playing. To say nothing of whether they have solid release information or not since they're typically all super tiny indies. 👀

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
When my brother came to visit me many years ago (we live on opposite sides of the country and only see each other like once a decade) we sat down and played Broforce together all night.

We didn't intend to play all night, but we just kept going.

The game is decent chaotic fun but what kept us going was the laughter each time we unlocked a new Bro and cheered for each action movie character they shamelessly plugged into their game.

One of my favorite gaming memories.

2/22​
Yohane the Parhelion - NUMAZU in the MIRAGE -
oh shit thanks for reminding me that comes out this week, the demo's already out and it's really good. it is a deckbuilding roguelite extremely in the vein of slay the spire, only there's anime girls in it. i happen to already be attached to these particular anime girls so i will be picking it up (whenever it goes on sale) (for the record if you'v eever heard of Love Live! this is technically the same franchise)

also missing on this list is splatoon 3 side order!!! have i touched splatoon 3 in the last, like, year? no. but will i be playing the new campaign obsessively? absolutely.

Raine

GW Elder
One of my favorite gaming memories.
Stuff like this is genuinely what gaming's about, if you ask me. I immensely miss the days of couch co-oping with my younger brother in the corner of the living room, getting stupidly overhyped for the most random stuff.

Broforce got a big update, Broforce Forever if memory serves, a couple weeks back - it's been in the list before. This week it's finally getting a physical release, ostensibly with all of the stuff pressed onto disc/cart. Definitely looked like good fun, though!

(for the record if you'v eever heard of Love Live! this is technically the same franchise)
That's... so random. I'm passingly familiar with the property from time on the interwebs, but I never would've pieced that together. Gaming needs to step up their branding game! :giggle

also missing on this list is splatoon 3 side order!!! have i touched splatoon 3 in the last, like, year? no. but will i be playing the new campaign obsessively? absolutely.
Oh, yeah, I usually purge all of the DLC (that I notice) from the list. It was there, originally! 😅

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Stuff like this is genuinely what gaming's about, if you ask me. I immensely miss the days of couch co-oping with my younger brother in the corner of the living room, getting stupidly overhyped for the most random stuff.
Peak gaming for me was always this. Co-oping with my sister, saving money for the SNES multitap so we could invite friends to play with both of us.

Simpler times for gaming.

Raine

GW Elder
Upcoming [Console] Releases: 2024 Week 9 (02/26~03/03)

Howdy, folks! We're somehow moving into the month of March already, which... I'm not sure how that happened. But time apparently doesn't wait so here we are.

Naturally the end of February can only mean one thing: Popcorn. Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, the second (of three-with-an-asterisk) game in the Remake Project, launches this Thursday exclusively on PS5. A demo is already out to get a feel for the gameplay. As usual for Square Enix, it's impossible to actually watch any of the pre-release media stuff without getting an absolute ton of spoilers - up to and including otherwise innocuous stuff like the announcement video for the game's theme song. And, as is usual for the internet, press and street broken copies of the game have been out in circulation for at least two weeks - so spoilers are rampant and plentiful.

I took the liberty of changing our demo thread into a Leak/Spoiler talk thread, please respect everyone's enthusiasm and keep all spoilers marked whether you post in that thread or make a new one. Also, because everything has spoilers in it, I can't post any actually relevant videos.

If that's not quite your speed, a new Roguelike drops on Switch this Tuesday in the form of Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island. If you're at all familiar with the Shiren series, then you already know what you're getting here. This one in particular is being touted as the first new game in the series sitting the west in a good while, and going "back to basics" for good measure. Nintendo's announcement trailer from last year does a sufficiently good job laying it for those who aren't as familiar, though I'm confident the game will remind you of something all the game; the wheel isn't being reinvented here.

Finally, for lack of anything particularly remarkable at first blush to highlight, let's roll with Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered. This one drops on all of the platforms on Thursday, and is a remastered/remade version of the 1995 FPS game; essentially a Wolfenstein/Doom clone with Star Wars wrapping. Looks suitably nostalgic and janky if that's your jam, otherwise I'm sure your backlog has a selection waiting for you!

2/27​
Beat the Beats VR
✔​
TBD
2/27​
Bio Inc.: Redemption
✔​
✔​
✔​
2/27​
Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
✔​
2/27​
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin (Physical)
✔​
✔​
2/28​
Broadsword Warlord Edition
~​
✔​
TBD
2/28​
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake
✔​
✔​
86*
2/28​
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
~​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/28​
Pecaminosa: A Deadly Hand
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/28​
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/29​
Anglerfish
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/29​
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
✔​
2/29​
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade / Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Twin Pack
✔​
89 & 92
2/29​
PopSlinger
~​
✔​
✔​
65*
2/29​
Tamarak Trail
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
2/29​
Welcome to ParadiZe
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/1​
Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions
~​
✔​
85*
3/1​
Dynacat
✔​
TBD
3/1​
M.A.D. Cows
~​
~​
✔​
TBD
3/1​
Rock 'N Racing Grand Prix
~​
~​
~​
✔​
3/1​
The Mobius Machine
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/1​
U-four-ia: The Saga 2
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD

DateGame Title
2/26​
Hike Adventures
2/26​
Pocket Fishing
2/27​
Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons
2/27​
Sandstorm Strike Force
2/27​
Spear Master
2/27​
Sympathy Kiss
2/28​
Dead End City
2/28​
World War II Shooting Simulator
2/29​
A Void Hope
2/29​
Another Bar Game
2/29​
Cape's Escape Game 7th Room
2/29​
Cavern of Dreams
2/29​
Desktop Baseball 2
2/29​
Drone Racer: Fly Stunt Simulator
2/29​
Escape Game The Old Folk House
2/29​
Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
2/29​
Heavenly Bodies
2/29​
Looking Up I See Only A Ceiling
2/29​
Matches Puzzle 2: Classic Logic Arcade
2/29​
Matsukeke BURST!
2/29​
Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi Tsuzuri
2/29​
OLLLO
2/29​
OTXO
2/29​
Picross S+
2/29​
Take It Racing 2
2/29​
The Lost Ashford Ring
2/29​
Time Trap: Hidden Objects
2/29​
Tiny Number Hunt!
2/29​
We Need to Go Deeper
2/29​
XELAN FORCE
3/1​
Cricket Through the Ages
3/1​
Helicopter Simulator : RESCUE SIM
3/1​
One More Dungeon 2
3/1​
VIRUS RUSH
3/2​
Buggy Race - Racing Master
3/2​
Gravityscape DX
3/2​
Pool Together 2
3/3​
Crazy Goose Simulator

Last edited:

Raine

GW Elder
That was my thought exactly. The game's already on XBO/PS4 (and the original X360 game is BC I think? lol), so readily available and playable on the current gen.

Wondering if this was more of a tech demo exercise for their team to get used to a new engine or something, and they just went ahead and released it commercially to recoup some of that expense. 🤔

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That was my thought exactly. The game's already on XBO/PS4 (and the original X360 game is BC I think? lol), so readily available and playable on the current gen.
It's also had a physical release on Switch. Probably others as well.
Wondering if this was more of a tech demo exercise for their team to get used to a new engine or something, and they just went ahead and released it commercially to recoup some of that expense.
Clever! That could be it.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
If I ever finish with Persona 3 Reload (I don't wanna leave :( ) my plan is to finally force myself to finish FF7Remake so I can eventually force myself to play Rebirth.

I have bounced off that game on 3 separate occasions. Just so much horribly tedious filler in between the good stuff.

I had a theory early on in playing it that lead several friends to say OMG YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT and then I got spoiled on a thing that made me very interested in what the fuck that game really is.

But playing it feels like such a chore sometimes.

Alas, the Year of the RPG trudges on.

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
But playing it feels like such a chore sometimes.
JRPGs in general need to get better at trimming the fat. I legitimately can't remember the last jRPG I played where I was like "Wow! What great pacing!"

Probably Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger, I guess.

Edit: no wait, Paper Mario 64 (if that counts)

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I can't really agree with painting the entire genre by that same brush.

When they do it right, the slower parts are there to immerse you more in the world and story. They're like epic novels, not action-packed page turners. You learn more about the world and they continue to lay a general vibe.

FF7R (and also the recent FF16) tend to be more like "HAY CAN YOU TAKE THIS CUP TO THAT GUY OVER THERE??? also plz kill that rat that has my cup"

Fuckin horrible.

In both cases it feels much more like padding out the game to justify a $70 price tag.

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
When they do it right, the slower parts are there to immerse you more in the world and story. They're like epic novels, not action-packed page turners. You learn more about the world and they continue to lay a general vibe.
Do you have any recommendations for this? Because my experience basically boils down to...
FF7R (and also the recent FF16) tend to be more like "HAY CAN YOU TAKE THIS CUP TO THAT GUY OVER THERE??? also plz kill that rat that has my cup"
...this sorts of things.

I've heard good things about Nier Automata and the Persona series (sometimes).

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The Persona series is usually my go-to because typically even though it may seem like there's nothing happening in the overall story right now, typically you know there's going to be a Big Event roughly once per in-game month, so even when you're spending each day just hanging out with friends or studying for tests, you have that feeling that there's Never Enough Time to do what you need to do.

It makes a game about deciding how to kill time feel urgent.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
my plan is to finally force myself to finish FF7Remake so I can eventually force myself to play Rebirth.
Good luck.

I played Remake when it came to the Plus catalog because there was nothing I was itching to play. I have not played Integrade (and Yuffie was one of my favs), nor will I play Rebirth.

Especially as I've gone back and played the older FFs again, I'm reminded that this new FF model is simply not for me.

i recommend the xenoblade duology (2 might as well not exist to me) if you're experiencing rpg filler overexposure. especially in 3, even side content feels important and tells you so much about the world and the characters who inhabit it. that said they're both like 80-hour investments but take it from me and every other sick freak out there: it's worth it

EDIT: 3 specifically was a game where almost every sidequest i finished was so good that i kept saying "this is OPTIONAL content???"

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
i recommend the xenoblade duology (2 might as well not exist to me) if you're experiencing rpg filler overexposure. especially in 3, even side content feels important and tells you so much about the world and the characters who inhabit it. that said they're both like 80-hour investments but take it from me and every other sick freak out there: it's worth it

EDIT: 3 specifically was a game where almost every sidequest i finished was so good that i kept saying "this is OPTIONAL content???"
I keep getting burned out on the first one pretty early on because of the plethora of KILL RAT FOR CUP sidequests?

I always hear that I should skip all those though...

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The Octopath Traveler games are a good shout too, because you're basically just jumping from shortstory to shortstory that makes up each of the characters' overarching plot.
Octopath games were specifically some of the games I was thinking about when I made that comment. IMO many of the story lines are boring and undercooked. The characters are not well-developed, the dialogue is vapid and cliche, and there are plenty of plot holes or character interactions/choices that make me go "wtf". I like the combat system though. It's really fun and engaging; one of the best classic jRPG combat systems IMO.
I remember really enjoying Xenoblade 1, but it's been a whilem XCX was fun too but eventually the dialogue started to bore me and I started to skip through it. XC2 was... yeah.... I've yet to play XC3 but I'll get around to it.
Interesting! Some of the side quests in XCX were pretty great but a lot of them were checklists or fetch quests. I'm looking forward to starting XC3... I think it will be my Ramadan game

I keep getting burned out on the first one pretty early on because of the plethora of KILL RAT FOR CUP sidequests?

I always hear that I should skip all those though...
yeah the sidequests in xc1 don't start getting juice until way late in the game, xc3 is good at making even early sidequests feel like more than kill this, collect that, bring it to this person

Raine

GW Elder
JRPGs in general need to get better at trimming the fat. I legitimately can't remember the last jRPG I played where I was like "Wow! What great pacing!"
Naturally an inherent problem is that, given enough choice, players may dally - and that ruins the feel of the pacing too. Like I spent ~40 hours on Path A in NieR: Automata, doing every sidequest (and checking for sidequest updates) available... only for quick travel to become available maybe two-thirds through that because I got distracted from the main story too soon. :giggle And by contrast, the other Paths took a fraction of the time despite the ostensibly true "opening credits" sequence not actually being in Path A.

So on the one hand, whoops! But on the other hand, I quite enjoyed a lot of the sidequests and didn't feel like the pacing was off.

Tales of Vesperia generally moves at a good pace. Like all games in that series it's functionally split into three arcs, each with their own build-up and climax, and while the third arc is invariably the weakest - that's more a narrative consequence than the game lollygagging or padding.

Still haven't played too many games from 2010 onwards, but Star Ocean (6): The Divine Force wasn't awfully paced either. Not the most amazing game by any stretch, and the post-game basically doesn't exist which was disappointing, but easily the third best game in that series - and infinitely better than the other two HD-era entries.

Fuckin horrible.

In both cases it feels much more like padding out the game to justify a $70 price tag.
Square/mainline Final Fantasy hasn't done actual side quests in nearly two decades, nobody left at that company has any idea what the fuck they're doing. XIII had no relevant side content and little in the way of optional stuff period, XIV is baby's first MMO cribbing heavily from WoW and has the worst quest structure and design I have ever personally encountered, XV is one part XIII and one part XIV, XVI is literally developed by a branch team of the XIV crew.

No idea what Remake's problem is/was specifically, I just know nobody liked the side stuff it offered and the general consensus ended up being that everything was too bloated because they turned a couple hour section of the original game into its own thing without going all-in on breathing life into it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was heavily inspired by XV, which again was inspired by XIV which is "Talk to A, teleport to 2, talk to B, teleport back to 1, talk to A, teleport to 3, talk to C, teleport to 1, talk to A" on permanent repeat. Very, very rarely broken up by actually attacking a monster that in no way, shape, or form could be remotely considered a threat. :shrug

Raine

GW Elder
Upcoming [Console] Releases: 2024 Week 10 (03/04~03/10)

Good evening, folks! If you're looking for comfort food, this week ain't got much for you - though WWE 2k24 is on the list if you're adventurous and that's your jam. If not, well... things are going to get a little weird.

Unicorn Overlord was announced just a couple of months ago, and it's now ready for business; you can already download a demo for it, and the progress made will carry over to the full release on Friday. This is the newest game from Vanillaware, makers of games such as Odin Sphere and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and looks to be taking cues from something like long-time partner Atlus's Growlanser series, blending elements of turn-based SRPG and RTS into one package. You have all the time you want to select actions, but once those actions are set everyone - allies and enemies alike - begin to move and encounters happen. Early impressions from the demo have been fairly positive, so if SRPGs and/or RTS-lites are your thing you could probably find worse ways to waste time.

While I've never actually heard of Mediterranea Inferno before tonight, and don't want to look too much into it, I am immediately sold on the concept. It has a high Metacritic rating already from being released on PC last summer, where it also has a Very Positive rating with 51 reviews, and is enjoying good word of mouth. If I look something up and I find comments like "Queer Disturbing Horror Game" I'm just going to take that as a positive sign, y'know? Basically what you need to know is this: It's a Point & Click/Visual Novel adventure game doing some exploration of some sensitive, and potentially brutal, subject matter over a 5~6 hour runtime. If that intrigues you, maybe check it out - but apparently only if you're in a good headspace!
Explore the inner demons of three childhood friends on a summer retreat. Unearth secrets, fears and obsessions as you help them reconnect and rediscover themselves. A mature and treacherous visual novel from the creator of Milky Way Prince – The Vampire Star.

If heavier themes aren't what's on order, Shadows Over Loathing might be something to try out instead. Another game I didn't know about before tonight, this one's also got lots of positive word of mouth behind it - insofar that it's completely absurd and funny. Functionally it's a just a silly, mostly standard turn-based RPG and is a follow-up to a game from 2017 called West of Loathing; I have no idea if playing that one is strictly necessary for enjoyment, but it's supposed to also be quite good so more things to check out if it strikes your fancy.
Shadows over Loathing — a slapstick-figure comedy adventure-RPG full of mobsters, monsters, and mysteries.

3/5​
Classified: France '44
✔​
✔​
3/5​
Expeditions: A MudRunner Game
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
3/5​
Mediterranea Inferno
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
3/5​
Shadows Over Loathing (Physical)
✔​
✔​
✔​
3/5​
The Outlast Trials
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/6​
10 Seconds to Win!
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/6​
Cat and Ghostly Road
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/6​
Hex Gambit: Respawned
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/6​
Reveil
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/7​
ABRISS - build to destroy
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/7​
As Dusk Falls
✔​
✔​
~​
3/7​
Manic Mechanics
~​
✔​
✔​
3/7​
New Star GP
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/7​
Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/7​
Top Racer Collection
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/8​
Dreamland Solitaire: Dragon's Fury
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/8​
Eldgear
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/8​
Horror Gallery
~​
~​
✔​
TBD
3/8​
Stilt
✔​
TBD
3/8​
Unicorn Overlord
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/8​
WWE 2K24
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD

DateGame Title
3/5​
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition
3/6​
AEW: Fight Forever - Giant Swing in the Ring
3/6​
Berserk Boy
3/6​
Diamond Hands: To The Moon
3/6​
Hellstuck: Rage With Your Friends
3/7​
Ancient Weapon Holly
3/7​
Astro Duel 2
3/7​
Become The Wild
3/7​
Chip and Charge
3/7​
Metal Mind
3/7​
Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley
3/7​
TV Studio Story
3/8​
Bubble Fresh Fruits
3/8​
Buggy Off-Road Racing
3/8​
Car Racing Ice - Classic
3/8​
DateJournal
3/8​
OPUS: Echo of Starsong - Full Bloom Edition
3/8​
Stolen Realm
3/8​
Tokoyo: The Tower of Perpetuity
3/8​
Toon Roads : Race & Drift
3/8​
Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron
3/8​
Xatrom Command
3/9​
Cat Survivors
3/9​
Gunsmith Workshop Simulator
3/10​
Bad Cat Sam Simulator

Last edited:

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Vanillaware's last game was 13 Sentinels, which some of my closest friends absolutely  adore, and perpetually sits on my backlog. I think Unicorn Overlord will fit perfectly right next to it on said backlog.

I used to play Kingdom of Loathing a lot during the old GW days so I'm somewhat curious about Shadows...

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I used to play Kingdom of Loathing a lot during the old GW days so I'm somewhat curious about Shadows...
yoooo what? me too, I used to play the hell out of that game.

So Unicorn Overlord is absolutely going to be a pick-up for me because I'll pretty much eat up anything Vanillaware shits out. That said, I haven't tried 13 Sentinels because the gameplay didn't look appealing to me.

I wasn't interested in the Kingdom of Loathing-esque games, but I recently read a few reviews for Shadows Over Loathing, and... damn. It sounds great. It's making me a bit nostalgic as well.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I actually was very curious of Unicorn Overlord to the point I looked it up on the PS Store.

I can't justify $80+tax for it though. Especially when I won't get to it anytime soon.

Added it to the wishlist though.

Raine

GW Elder
Upcoming [Console] Releases: 2024 Week 11 (03/11~03/17)

Time change suuuucks. I'll finish this tomorrow night if I'm conscious. :^

3/12​
Contra: Operation Galuga
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/12​
For The Warp
~​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/12​
Little Cities: Bigger!
✔​
TBD
3/12​
Melatonin
~​
✔​
3/13​
Cybertrash STATYX
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/13​
Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/13​
Violet Wisteria
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/14​
Astebros
~​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/14​
Bing In Wonderland
✔​
TBD
3/14​
Cartel Tycoon
✔​
✔​
3/14​
Crown Wars: The Black Prince
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/14​
Dungeon Drafters
✔​
✔​
✔​
3/14​
GYLT
✔​
~​
~​
~​
3/14​
Highwater
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/14​
Ib
~​
✔​
✔​
3/14​
Rebel Transmute
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/14​
Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/14​
WHAT THE GOLF?
✔​
✔​
3/15​
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition
✔​
76*
3/15​
MLB The Show 24 (Digital Deluxe Edition)
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/15​
Outcast: A New Beginning
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/15​
PJ Masks Power Heroes: Mighty Alliance
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/15​
Rainbow Moon
✔​
~​

DateGame Title
3/11​
Death of a Wish
3/11​
English Tracing Book
3/12​
EMPTY SHELL
3/12​
Passing By - A Tailwind Journey
3/14​
Anime Girls: Sun of a Beach
3/14​
Balloony
3/14​
Bio Inc. Redemption
3/14​
CarX Highway Racing
3/14​
Death Trick: Double Blind
3/14​
EGGCONSOLE Ys II PC-8801mkIISR
3/14​
Escape Game The Abandoned Hospital
3/14​
Fantastical Mystery Adventure Ultimate Jumbo Jet Murder Case
3/14​
Garden Life: A Cozy Simulator
3/14​
Lawn Mowing Simulator
3/14​
Lazriel: The Demon's Fall
3/14​
Match Village
3/14​
Monster Tribe
3/14​
Pogo Joins the Circus
3/14​
Pool Blitz
3/14​
Simple Number-Based Color Sense IQ Test
3/14​
Sphinx - Riddles of the Nile
3/14​
Tiny Tales: Heart of the Forest
3/14​
UNABLES
3/15​
Baron of Blood
3/15​
Cozy Hamlets
3/15​
Hot Rider Racing Simulator
3/15​
Orion Haste
3/16​
DOG RACING - LOVELY PET FRIENDS PAW
3/16​
Truck and Forklift Logistic Simulator
3/17​
Sky Runners Infinite: Parkour

Last edited:
  • Cheers!

VashTheStampede

Jawneh isn't The Courier
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Contra: Operation AWOOGA

Crush Flirting GIF

Raine

GW Elder
Woo, tables are finished.

I'll skip the highlights in favor of, uh, maybe catching up on other things. Have I mentioned that I want my hour back yet? 'Cause I want my hour back! :giggle

Raine

GW Elder
Very weird, and disappointing, for Aspyr to launch the remastered Tomb Raider games and these Battlefront games in such close proximity and them having completely opposite reactions.

Especially since, as far as I can tell, Aspyr is supposed to actually be pretty good at what they do! Wonder if this was down to licensing requiring a set date, or if Embracer Group imploding and jettisoning things left, right and center plays a role? 🤔

Raine

GW Elder
Upcoming [Console] Releases: 2024 Week 12 (03/18~03/24)

Good evening, folks! Halfway through March already, and I don't know where the time has gone. Except for that hour they stole from some us last week, those jerks!

Top billing for the week, undoubtedly, is Dragon's Dogma 2. Dropping this Friday for PS5 and XSX, DD2 is a follow-up to the cult classic PS3/X360 Action-RPG from 2012. Do you enjoy Monster Hunter? Just mounting large monsters and stabbing them to death? Then this might be right up your alley! However, I have been informed that if I spoil anything I will be bound and gagged for a week, only being permitted to survive off of maple syrup and pineapples. So... in lieu of all that, you can just watch this video! Y-You know, if you want. :paranoid

For those without one of the current gen consoles, Nintendo is bringing Princess Peach: Showtime! to Switch on the same day. Nearly 20 years after her last solo outing in Super Princess Peach on NDS, the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom is returning with an arsenal of new tricks and gadgets - each accompanied by a change of clothing, of course - in what should be a fun little romp of an action-based platformer. Nintendo's got a full look available for us, as well as a demo being available if you just want to jump straight in!

But if you're just looking for some comfort food, Sony has you covered - on all platforms - this Tuesday with MLB The Show 24. Now, look, I barely know my baseballs from my tennis balls so you're just going to have to accept that you know more about this than I do! But I did pull up a video showing some of the changes/additions from the last annual iteration of the game.

3/19​
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (Physical)
✔​
3/19​
Hi-Fi Rush
✔​
~​
3/19​
MLB The Show 24
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/19​
Mystic Pillars - Remastered
~​
✔​
3/20​
Alone in the Dark
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/20​
Master Maker 3D Ultimate
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/20​
Power of Ten
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/21​
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
~​
~​
✔​
3/21​
Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/21​
Krimson
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/21​
Stunt Paradise
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/21​
Tram Simulator Urban Transit
✔​
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/22​
Dragon's Dogma 2
✔​
✔​
TBD
3/22​
Front Mission 1st Remake (Physical)
✔​
✔​
3/22​
Princess Peach: Showtime!
✔​
TBD
3/22​
Rise of the Ronin
✔​
TBD
3/22​
The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered
✔​
✔​
✔​

DateGame Title
3/21​
Aha! Let's Photo Hunt!
3/21​
Air Traffic Sim: Airport Dispatcher Simulator
3/21​
April's Diary
3/21​
Attack of the Karens
3/21​
Bad Chicken
3/21​
Hentai Girls Panic
3/21​
Mortal Fight: Lethal Revenge
3/21​
Paper Dash - City Hustle
3/21​
Pull The Pin: Ball Physic Puzzle
3/21​
Scott Whiskers in: the Search for Mr. Fumbleclaw
3/21​
Sector 98
3/21​
Special Forces Strike: Tactical Swat Shooter
3/21​
Sushi Battle Rambunctiously
3/21​
SUSHI Shot Online
3/21​
Western Frontier
3/22​
Crypt Stalker
3/22​
Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook
3/22​
Virtual Girlfriend Dating Simulator
3/23​
Demon Drop DX
3/23​
PORTAL SHOT GUN TELEPORT
3/24​
Animal Buddies - Party Beasts

Last edited:

Raine

GW Elder
Also, just as an FYI, The Legend of Legacy (and The Alliance Alive) got some pretty decent word of mouth back when it launched on 3DS. So that might be worth looking at if you're super deep in the woods with JRPGs, or like the experimental SaGa games from Square, otherwise you're probably good to take a pass.

Hi-Fi Rush is another thing to look at, for PS5 owners. It's of course been available on Game Pass since Day 1 early last year when it had its shadow drop.

• Seen
Back
Top Bottom