Campaign Trouble In Phandalin (LMoP Ch. 2)

T'anks perks up just a bit at the talk of a wizard, hate coursing through her but unable to stave off the night's poor decisions. She doesn't bother making the effort to try and sit upright. Or to properly enunciate. Voice a bit low, speech a bit slurred, she directs her thoughts to nobody in particular.

A wizard...? Could it be Ruxithid? We have to go.

Collecting her thoughts, she shifts and sets her sights on the barkeep. Speaking a little louder so he can hear her, she addresses him.

Are there any... landmarks? Nearby? How do we find it? The Well.
((Are we to assume Kutshort knows of the redbrands? I was rereading posts and while T’anks doesn’t deliberately say anything, Dude used it in his song. If Kutshort not supposed to know, then ignore that part and focus on the part about Sildar’s friend. Either way, it doesn’t do much))

maybe we should try to rest and better equip ourselves before rushing off in search of Ruxithid.

I’m more curious about what is happening in town. Redbrands, and Sildar’s friend. It might behoove us to clean up here before setting off for the well

Kutshort turns his attention to lock eyes with Dude. Raising his drink, and with a smile, he shouts in a voice loud enough for most of the patrons to hear:

WHO WANTS TO HEAR AN ENCORE?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
WHO WANTS TO HEAR AN ENCORE?

The response is immediate and electrifying. Patrons, spurred by the prospect of another performance from Tortle Dude, raise their voices in a chorus of assent. Glasses are raised, tables are thumped, and cheers fill the air, each person adding their voice to the collective clamor for more. The atmosphere, already warmed by tales and tunes, ignites with the shared anticipation of what's to come.

Toblen Stonehill, the innkeeper, smiles broadly at the display, his establishment alive with the spirit of community and the love of a good story. He nods appreciatively at Kutshort, grateful for the energy and camaraderie that the adventurers have brought into his inn.

@TD
@TD[/USER]]
((
thor GIF

Excited Live Music GIF by O2
))

• Seen
Reactions: TD

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Dude lets out a gentle smirk, feeling empowered by a combination of Kutshort's support and the atmosphere of the patrons. This is the comradery that Dude has been seeking. He downs the remainder of his drink, wiping a slightly dribble out of the corner of his mouth. He gives Kutshort a wink. Dude grabs his lute once more and walks through the crowded Inn to the makeshift stage. The song he just performed - he has been gradually working on through their adventures. It was layered with deep meaning and complexity. Perhaps something a little more simple is what the situation calls for. The implications of the prior song may still not be fully understood, in fact - Dude is confident that the implications are not yet understood. But, it can't all be simple... for Tortles, are not a simple race.

As Dude moves to the makeshift stage, he lets out a gentle smirk. The crowd knows he's about to present another song. Dude begins to strum his lute, in a somber yet upbeat melody. Perhaps inspired by the work of another bard from a far away land... the Tortle's deep and soothing voice echoing throughout the inn...

When a humble bard...
Walked aside a cart,
With Kutshort and Dragmire,
This was just the start,

From where the goblins slayed,
A silver-eyed devil,
And her army of gobs,
At my feet they'll tremble,

They came after me,
But would only retreat,
Tried to take my lute,
And they killed Grandtorty,

Beware the devil's horns,
As we eat their meat,
And so screamed the Tortle,
I've never known defeat...

Dude ramps up the melody of the tune to being more upbeat and Dude's voice raises, echoing even louder... and for those familiar with the bard that may have inspired this song, they know where it's going...

Toss a coin to your Tortle!
Oh, Valley of plenty... Oh Valley of plenty...
Oh oh ohhhh, toss a coin to your Tortle,
A friend of humanity...

A friend of humanity...

A friend of humanity...

...YEAH... YEAH.

Dude finishes strumming his lute, embracing the atmosphere of the Inn, and awaiting a reaction to his second tune of the evening...

Back
Top Bottom