Top 10 Taco Bell Sauces

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Gonna get real weird real quick with my first list to give you people an idea what you're potentially in for.

1. Red Enchilada
2. Creamy Chipotle
3. Breakfast Salsa
4. Avocado Ranch
5. Baja Sauce
6. Spicy Ranch
7. Creamy Jalapeno
8. Nacho Cheese
9. Mild Sauce
10. Hot Sauce

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
i love this forum idea but am aghast at the lack of Fire sauce which would be my #1 personally

Fire sauce over hot any day. Mild even goes over hot, as evident by Vash’s own list.

This title misled me, though. I was thinking sauce packets, which makes it hard to make a list of 10 for me. Thanks to your creative liberty including the non-packaged sauces, this is a little easier considering how picky I am. I still don’t know if I’ll hit 10, but I’ll give it a try.

1. Creamy chipotle sauce. It sets off the quesadillas. It set off the quesaritos (RIP). Gimme it.

2. Fire sauce. Surprisingly, it doesn’t give me heartburn like the Hot sauce does.

3. Mild sauce. I use both mild and fire to achieve the sauce to filling ratio I want without blowing my esophagus or asshole apart.

4. Spicy ranch. Perfect contrast for some of the options.

5. Red enchilada sauce. Although it isn’t spicy by any means, it goes on damn near anything I can option it on.

6. Nacho cheese. You haven’t lived until you’ve had a quesadilla with nacho cheese added to it. Blends perfectly with the creamy chipotle sauce, and acts as a better glue to keep your segments from falling apart.

7. Creamy jalapeño. Every once in a while I’ll add it, but I prefer other peppers to jalapeño.

8. Baja sauce I’ve never used, and don’t know enough about it to say I’d never use it, so for that it gets 8.

9. Hot sauce. It’s the Hunts Ketchup in the land of Heinz Ketchup compared to their other sauces. ONLY used when necessary.

10. Avocado anyfuckingthing. Y’all can keep the baby shit green paste.

the last man on earth GIF by Fox TV

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Literally no reason to hurry, TBH. It's fine for trashy food, but unless you guys are really hurting for taco or burrito places, you're maybe better off without one.

Unless you get a Taco Bell Cantina where they serve booze.

It could be revolutionary compared to roo burgers or vegemite or whatever it is they consume…

The Taco/Burrito "culture" (for want of a better word) is non-existent but over the last 12 months I have noticed locally-owned stores popping up and now with Taco Bell coming into the country I expect we will get more and better quality. At the moment we are hurting for a quality burrito or taco.

It could be revolutionary compared to roo burgers or vegemite or whatever it is they consume…
I will not have slander against Vegemite!!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh, and @Tubby23, in my defense, it MAY or MAY NOT have been expired. It belonged to a Brit that used to be roommates with my old lady and I, and he was NOTORIOUS for having expired condiments and stuff like that.

But you don’t get peanut butter. I remember KSD used to trade things with people to get peanut butter and peanut butter containing products in Australia
We have peanut butter, smooth and crunchy etc. It's a staple breakfast spread here. We make it here

We don't get Reeses peanut butter cups

Oh, and @Tubby23, in my defense, it MAY or MAY NOT have been expired. It belonged to a Brit that used to be roommates with my old lady and I, and he was NOTORIOUS for having expired condiments and stuff like that.
Luckily Vegemite is the same whether expired or not, I think the actual shelf life is something ridiculous like 10 years because it's just salty

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Don't you live in Arizona? That's just Australia Lite
Eh, close enough, everything is on fire and trying to kill you like Australia.
I've honestly always been scared to try it after watching someone try it on TV a million years ago.
If you want to do it right, buy some Twiglets, they're essentially marmite flavoured sticks. If you can handle those, you can handle marmite.
Hugh explains the right way:

He's correct, BUT, you have to use Marmite.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Luckily Vegemite is the same whether expired or not, I think the actual shelf life is something ridiculous like 10 years because it's just salty

10 years is nothing to that dude, her and I found stuff going back to the late 90’s in his pantry. It had already returned to the earth, regrew anew, and died again.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I've never had taco bell, in fact I don't even remember the last time I saw one.
You're not missing much. There's a Taco Bell near me that shares its parking lot with a taco truck and a general Mexican food truck. I assume they stay in business solely by fulfilling 2 am munchies, because I've never seen anybody there.

10 years is nothing to that dude, her and I found stuff going back to the late 90’s in his pantry. It had already returned to the earth, regrew anew, and died again.
Hahaha, reminds me of the time I was looking in my parents' cupboards for something and spied something branded from a store in a state we moved out of when I was 5. I brought the bottle out and asked my mom to guess what year it expired. She started, "hmm, two thousand an--" which got a quick "Nope!"

Best part is, they packed and moved that bottle multiple times after it expired.

Nacho cheese. You haven’t lived until you’ve had a quesadilla with nacho cheese added to it. Blends perfectly with the creamy chipotle sauce, and acts as a better glue to keep your segments from falling apart.
Better than what? Surely not actual cheese?!

Reactions: TD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hahaha, reminds me of the time I was looking in my parents' cupboards for something and spied something branded from a store in a state we moved out of when I was 5. I brought the bottle out and asked my mom to guess what year it expired. She started, "hmm, two thousand an--" which got a quick "Nope!"

Best part is, they packed and moved that bottle multiple times after it expired.

Dude, that’s one of my biggest pet peeves. It took me getting food poisoning ONE time to become unreasonably angry about expired food, undercooked food, or anything that’ll make someone sick in my presence. Her and I discovered a packet of Hamburger Helper seasoning (why wasn’t it used?) that had the old package style on it, that’s what made us look at the date. Then we started going through his other stuff because he was out of town and one of the bottles had swollen, burst, and leaked everywhere… so we salvaged what we could and trashed the rest. Luckily, we always kept all of our stuff separated from his, but we still had to clean it all up considering we weren’t gonna leave the kitchen like that for 2-3 weeks or however he was gone.

Better than what? Surely not actual cheese?!

Fake shredded cheese flavored product with cheese flavored sauce for all I give a shit, no one goes to Taco Bell for their healthy varieties. They go because they are either stoned, drunk, or masochists.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Fake shredded cheese flavored product with cheese flavored sauce for all I give a shit, no one goes to Taco Bell for their healthy varieties. They go because they are either stoned, drunk, or masochists.
Are you saying Taco Bell uses something so un- cheese-like for their quesadillas that it can't even stick two tortillas together as well as cheese sauce?

I think I'm going to make a real quesadilla tomorrow to get that thought out of my head.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Are you saying Taco Bell uses something so un- cheese-like for their quesadillas that it can't even stick two tortillas together as well as cheese sauce?

I think I'm going to make a real quesadilla tomorrow to get that thought out of my head.

Nah, I learned that you can order extra chicken or steak on the app, so that kinda creates a void that allows for separation of the layers. The nacho cheese fills that void, and my heart.

That’s the grease from the protein. C’mon, man… this is American cuisine here. You can die 1,000 ways when you walk outside in Australia… we will die 1,000 different ways from our fast food.
I saw two snakes and 4 spiders on my walk this morning alone. Spring weather bringing out all the critters.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I have never had Taco Bell and likely never will. As I understand it, it's shit cheap food in the states, right? Which is totally fine and way up my alley, but in NZ it's just priced like any other food so it doesn't' seem worth it.

Plus, chain Mexican food seems stupid.
But...but...Your New Zealand Family loved it! That means all Kiwis love it!

Back
Top Bottom