VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
1. Val Kilmer
Notable Works: Willow, Heat, The Doors, Real Genius, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Wonderland, Spartan, The Salton Sea
Favorite Role: Doc Holliday - Tombstone

2. Oscar Isaac
Notable Works: Ex Machina, Star Wars sequel trilogy, Moon Knight, Annihilation, Dune, Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse, Show Me a Hero
Favorite Role: Llewyn Davis - Inside Llewyn Davis

3. Walton Goggins
Notable Works: The Shield, Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight, Sons of Anarchy, Vice Principals, The Righteous Gemstones, The Unicorn
Favorite Role: Boyd Crowder - Justified

4. David Constabile
Notable Works: Flight of the Conchords, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Suits, Better Call Saul
Favorite Role: Mike "Wags" Wagner - Billions

5. Timothy Olyphant
Notable Works: Scream 2, Go, Gone in 60 Seconds, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Deadwood, The Office, The Mandalorian
Favorite Role: Raylan Givens - Justified

6. James Spader
Notable Works: Stargate, Crash, 2 Days in the Valley, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Boston Legal, The Office
Favorite Role: E. Edward Grey - Secretary

7. James Gandolfini
Notable Works: True Romance, Crimson Tide, Get Shorty, The Last Castle
Favorite Role: Tony Soprano - The Sopranos

8. Delroy Lindo
Notable Works: Get Shorty, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Last Castle, The Chicago Code
Favorite Role: Bobby Blane - Heist

9. Nicolas Cage
Notable Works: *long inhale*...Raising Arizona, The Rock, Con Air, Bringing Out the Dead, Gone in 60 Seconds, Adaptation., Matchstick Men, Lord of War, Kick-Ass, Mandy, Color Out of Space, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Favorite Role: Castor Troy - Face/Off

10. Ron Perlman
Notable Works: The Last Supper, Alien Resurrection, Hellboy series, Pacific Rim, Batman: The Animated Series, Highlander: The Series, Teen Titans, Adventure Time, Fallout series
Favorite Role: Clay Morrow - Sons of Anarchy

1. Leonardo DiCaprio
Notable Works: Titanic, Inception, The Revenant, Wolf of Wall Street, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Romeo + Juliet, The Departed, Blood Diamond
Favorite Role: Billy Costigan - The Departed

2. Olivia Colman
Notable Works: Mitchell & Webb, Broadchurch, The Crown, Hot Fuzz, The Iron Lady
Favorite Role: DS Ellie Miller - Broadchurch

3. David Tennant
Notable Works: Dr Who, Broadchurch, Jessica Jones, Around the World in 80 Days, Harry Potter, Casanova
Favorite Role: Killgrave - Jessica Jones

4. Denzel Washington
Notable Works: Remember the Titans, The Equalizer, Taking of Pelham 123, Malcolm X, Philadelphia, American Gangster
Favorite Role: Malcolm X - Malcolm X

5. Gary Oldman
Notable Works: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Harry Potter, JFK, Darkest Hour, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Air Force One
Favorite Role: Winston Churchill - Darkest Hour

6. Natalie Portman
Notable Works: Black Swan, Star Wars, V for Vendetta, Closer, Thor, No Strings Attached, Jackie
Favorite Role: Evey Hammond - V for Vendetta

7. Charlie Hunnam
Notable Works: Green Street, The Gentlemen, Sons of Anarchy
Favorite Role: Jax Teller - Sons of Anarchy

8. Eric Bana
Notable Works: Blackhawk Down, Troy, Hulk, Lone Survivor
Favorite Role: Mark "Chopper" Read - Chopper

9. Helen Mirren
Notable Works: The Queen, The Madness of King George, Prime Suspect, RED
Favorite Role: Elizabeth II - The Queen

10. Woody Harrelson
Notable Works: Cheers, White Men Can't Jump, The Hunger Games, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, True Detective, Will & Grace
Favorite Role: Ed Monix - Semi Pro

I have many other notable mentions.

2. Oscar Isaac
Notable Works: Ex Machina, Star Wars sequel trilogy, Moon Knight, Annihilation, Dune, Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse, Show Me a Hero
I had never seen him in anything prior to Moon Knight and his acting was easily the highlight of it.

Seeing him so high up on your list makes me feel like I should check out some of these.

I had never seen him in anything prior to Moon Knight and his acting was easily the highlight of it.

Seeing him so high up on your list makes me feel like I should check out some of these.
He is amazing in Inside Llewyn Davis, not just as an actor but as a folk musician.

Reactions: TD
9. Nicolas Cage
Notable Works: *long inhale*...Raising Arizona, The Rock, Con Air, Bringing Out the Dead, Gone in 60 Seconds, Adaptation., Matchstick Men, Lord of War, Kick-Ass, Mandy, Color Out of Space, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Favorite Role: Castor Troy - Face/Off
I am a huge unironic Nicolas Cage fan and I love that you included him. Lord of War, Con Air, The Rock, Gone in 60 Seconds and Face/Off are some of my favorite action movies of all time. Cage is weird, and eccentric, but I think he's a good actor and I always have fun watching him.

My friends and I had a running thing where we'd watch a couple movies together most weekends. One would be something random (though for a while it was Fast and the Furious films *shudder*) then we'd finish with a Nic Cage movie.

Think we've all become big Cage fans because of it, because we're rarely disappointed.

But fuck Prisoners of the Ghostlands. Even I have limits.

(though for a while it was Fast and the Furious films *shudder*)
How Dare You Greta GIF

Cameron Poe ftw!
My father was a police officer in Fresno, California when Con Air came out. We went to go see it together. First time I got to see an R rated movie in the theater, I was 14 or 15. I was pumped.

Everything was going great, the movie is a damn classic. Then after the scene where Dave Chapelle's dead body is tossed from the plane by our hero, I noticed my father seemed agitated. He explained to me after the movie...

See, Dave's body fell onto a car in Fresno. And when they showed an officer responding to the incident, the cop was wearing a  reserve uniform and not an active one. And it completely ruined my father's immersion in the movie.

I always think about this whenever someone in a movie or TV show is doing ridiculous speedtyping while "hacking" or just slapping all the buttons on a video game controller or anything like that.

My father was a police officer in Fresno, California when Con Air came out. We went to go see it together. First time I got to see an R rated movie in the theater, I was 14 or 15. I was pumped.
The first one's always the best, isn't it?
Everything was going great, the movie is a damn classic. Then after the scene where Dave Chapelle's dead body is tossed from the plane by our hero, I noticed my father seemed agitated. He explained to me after the movie...

See, Dave's body fell onto a car in Fresno. And when they showed an officer responding to the incident, the cop was wearing a  reserve uniform and not an active one. And it completely ruined my father's immersion in the movie.
Oh 100% understand that, I have an extensive list of family members and friends that are military and/or law enforcement and they point out EVERY detail that's incorrect, lol. I think it's a game for them at this point, but it used to be a huge issue for them, lol.
I always think about this whenever someone in a movie or TV show is doing ridiculous speedtyping while "hacking" or just slapping all the buttons on a video game controller or anything like that.
100%, or watching a certain computer build guide on the Verge that (thankfully) isn't online anymore where every damn step is wrong! GRR!!!

I watch this former USAF fighter pilot on YouTube, and he does this bit called "Mover Ruins Movies" where he'll watch scenes from a movie with jet fighters in it and state all the things wrong with it.

"okay he's flying an F15 but that's the helmet from an F35" "okay, he's in standby, he's not even flying"

he says it doesn't ruin his immersion, he does it just for fun, but it's really fun to watch and it reminded me of your dad.

I watch this former USAF fighter pilot on YouTube, and he does this bit called "Mover Ruins Movies" where he'll watch scenes from a movie with jet fighters in it and state all the things wrong with it.

"okay he's flying an F15 but that's the helmet from an F35" "okay, he's in standby, he's not even flying"

he says it doesn't ruin his immersion, he does it just for fun, but it's really fun to watch and it reminded me of your dad.
I love watching things like that! I was watching this one the other day:

Ian McShane almost made my list. He's one of those guys that I will always check out something he's in just because he's in it.

And I ALWAYS wondered why Adrian Paul didn't become a bigger deal.

I need to check out more of Corey Stoll's work because the few things I've seen him in, he's always been a highlight.

Back