VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
1. Breaking Bad: "Ozymandias"

The measuring stick in having years of pressure come to a head.

2. Twin Peaks - The Return: "Part 8/Gotta Light?"

Absolutely incredible experience. Turn off the lights, turn up the speakers, and turn on your brain with your altering chemical of choice. Including a full song performance by The Nine Inch Nails (yes, in this universe there's a "The") as just a cherry on top of one of the most memorable hours in entertainment history.

3. The Sopranos: "Funhouse"

This is where the show really started making a case for GOAT status, thanks to a dream-filled episode inspired by Twin Peaks.

4. Better Call Saul: "Plan and Execution"

What feels like a big payoff turns into one of the most shocking cliffhangers I've ever seen. Waiting months for the resolution was ROUGH.

5. The Last of Us: "Long, Long Time"

I cried SEVERAL times. Just beautiful.

6. The Shield: "Of Mice and Lem"

Nothing like watching two actors who have been friends for years do their thing...when that thing leaves you absolutely devastated. Part of my soul died this day.

7. Mad Men: "The Suitcase"

How Jon Hamm didn't win an Emmy every year for this show is a goddamn travesty.

8. Succession: "Nobody is Ever Missing"

This was already a fun and finely acted show but this episode is where it grew the beard and took up its role as the new king of prestige TV.

9. Barry: "ronny/lily"

I have never laughed harder at a show than at some of the insane bullshit that happens in this episode. Black comedy at its best.

10. The West Wing: "Two Cathedrals"

Doesn't hold up as well as others on this list after time has passed but Martin Sheen is a fuckin boss in this one. His tirade against God (in Latin!) is a showstopper.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
tom hardy bane GIF

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I don't always know the names of episodes, but as always I'm gonna take this up a notch and do mini writeups.

I'm not even at my computer, so I'm not gonna put these in order. and it might not even be 10. but I love this concept.

this is your warning that there may be spoilers, I will try to avoid or tag when necessary but there still might be some.

the season finale of the first season of 24: the reveal of the mole, the surprise death, the first season was so complete and for it to end in such a dramatic way set the tone of the entire series.

game of thrones: the red wedding: fuck you I'll say it. I'm still a fan of game of thrones and I always will be, and for someone that had never read the books, didn't know ANYTHING about them going in, the red wedding was STAGGERING. neds death in the first season proved anyone could die, but that episode still shocks me sometimes. (other contenders: battle of the bastards)

Buffy: the body: forget the emotional attachment I personally have to that episode, it is an amazing piece of drama in a show more known for quips and bad action scenes, this episode delivered. presenting it with no music so you feel every moment of the characters is brilliant, even if you hate Joss Whedon.
(other contenders: the counterpart to this episode Hush)

Dr who: the Pandora opens/the big bang the finale of... I think s6? it's a two part episode that I think really cements not only how scary a man with a screw driver can be to other aliens, but how many steps ahead he always is. I didn't think I'd want to keep watching after David tenant. I stayed for Amy Pond, but I loved 11.
(other contenders: for me there's tons. too many.)

this is all I got for now, I will add more later!

In no specific order:

Agents of SHIELD - S7E9 - "As I Have Always Been" - An amazing time loop episode that is surprisingly fresh, plenty funny, and has an emotional ending.

How I Met Your Mother - S3E8 - "Spoiler Alert" - Ever liked someone so much that you subconsciously ignore the glaring issues with that person? This episode explores what happens when your friends let you know about that one REALLLLLY annoying habit.

Fringe - S4E6 - "And Those We've Left Behind" - This is the Alzheimer's episode.

House M.D. - S2E4 - "TB or Not TB" - On IMDB, there are a LOT more episodes higher rated than this one, but this one is special to me because it was the first episode I watched from the show and it INSTANTLY sold me on the show.

Firefly - E5 - "Out of Gas" - This is the episode that relies on flashbacks to show how the crew came together while Malcolm stumbles through the ship while he tries to get it back online before he dies.

Big Bang Theory - S3E8 - "The Adhesive Duck Deficiency" - This episode shows exactly why Sheldon and Penny have the best chemistry out of any character duo in the show.

Family Guy - S9E1 - "And Then There Were Fewer"

South Park - S5E4 - "Scott Tenorman Must Die" - Yes, YES! Let me taste your tears, Scott! Mmm, your tears are so yummy!

Parks and Rec - S3E9 - "Andy and April's Fancy Party" - This is the one where they suddenly get married. And stay married.

Scrubs- S3E14 - "My Screwup" - I can't list "My Lunch". Looking back, that episode is such blatant cry bait. I'll take this one or "My Finale" over "My Lunch".

I considered looking for episodes from shows like Letterkenny, Chuck, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and others, but when looking through IMDB, I didn't recall any that reaaaaally stood out to me. And nothing from I'd consider better than the single episodes from the 10 shows listed above... yes, even Big Bang Theory. I remember really liking an episode from M*A*S*H but I can't recall the episode.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I don't know if I can come up with 10, but here's some. I also don't know s#e#. I'm not going to do Simpsons cause there's too many.

Dexter: The finale of the Trinity Killer season.

Game of Thrones: Red Wedding, I'm not a book reader so this fucked with what I thought I knew about TV.

Psych: The first Mr Yang episode.

That's it for now, if I think of others I'll chime in again.

1. Breaking Bad "Ozymandias" S5, E14 – best episode of TV ever. God I loved this!
2. Sons of Anarchy "NS" S3, E13 – absolutely fantastic, I love this show even though I no some of it is kind of played out.
3. Succession "Connor's Wedding" S4,E3 - there may be some recency bias for this but this may be one of the best acted episodes of television I have ever seen. Sarah Snook, Kieran Culkin and Jeremy Strong absolutely killed this episode. Then you have Alan Ruck who is always phenomenal in this show.
4. Buffy "Hush" S4, E10 – Cole mentioned this one as a contender and it's so right! My fiancé is a huge Buffy fan and I have never watched them so 6-7 years ago we did a watch through and what a phenomenal show (along with Angel)
5. Game of Thrones "The Rains of Castamere" S3, E9 – aka The Red Wedding, while not a surprise for me having been a book reader this was still absolutely fantastic and did the story complete justice
6. Game of Thrones "Battle of the Bastards" S6, E9 – for completely different reasons to the above given this is mostly heavy action but god was this fantastic. Probably the last truly great episode of the shows run IMO
7. Buffy "The Body" S5, E16 – as Cole mentioned this is a departure from the shows usual quips and light humour to a dark and dramatic tale story of the loss of a loved one.
8. Prison Break "Go" S1, E21 – season 1 of Prison Break was the first drama TV show that I watched it was the first time my parents had allowed me to stay up late (9.30pm airtime in Aus on a school night as a 14 year-old) and I have so much nostalgia for the show. I'm still of the opinion that the first season may be the best season of TV I have watched and I nearly wish they'd finished the show there.
9. South Park "ManBearPig" S10, E6 – I'm not sure if I have laughed harder at an episode of TV in my life
10. Fringe "There's More Than One of Everything" S1, E20 – the finale of season 1 this was the catalyst for all the captivating TV that followed. This tied together the two universes and tome was fantastic TV.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
1. Breaking Bad "Ozymandias" S5, E14 – best episode of TV ever. God I loved this!
2. Sons of Anarchy "NS" S3, E13 – absolutely fantastic, I love this show even though I no some of it is kind of played out.
3. Succession "Connor's Wedding" S4,E3 - there may be some recency bias for this but this may be one of the best acted episodes of television I have ever seen. Sarah Snook, Kieran Culkin and Jeremy Strong absolutely killed this episode. Then you have Alan Ruck who is always phenomenal in this show.
4. Buffy "Hush" S4, E10 – Cole mentioned this one as a contender and it's so right! My fiancé is a huge Buffy fan and I have never watched them so 6-7 years ago we did a watch through and what a phenomenal show (along with Angel)
5. Game of Thrones "The Rains of Castamere" S3, E9 – aka The Red Wedding, while not a surprise for me having been a book reader this was still absolutely fantastic and did the story complete justice
6. Game of Thrones "Battle of the Bastards" S6, E9 – for completely different reasons to the above given this is mostly heavy action but god was this fantastic. Probably the last truly great episode of the shows run IMO
7. Buffy "The Body" S5, E16 – as Cole mentioned this is a departure from the shows usual quips and light humour to a dark and dramatic tale story of the loss of a loved one.
8. Prison Break "Go" S1, E21 – season 1 of Prison Break was the first drama TV show that I watched it was the first time my parents had allowed me to stay up late (9.30pm airtime in Aus on a school night as a 14 year-old) and I have so much nostalgia for the show. I'm still of the opinion that the first season may be the best season of TV I have watched and I nearly wish they'd finished the show there.
9. South Park "ManBearPig" S10, E6 – I'm not sure if I have laughed harder at an episode of TV in my life
10. Fringe "There's More Than One of Everything" S1, E20 – the finale of season 1 this was the catalyst for all the captivating TV that followed. This tied together the two universes and tome was fantastic TV.
"NS" was my #11!

I also need to reassess "Connor's Wedding" with a second viewing. I was way too absorbed in the moment during the original airing to make a full assessment but there's a good chance it takes Succession's "spot" in my list.

"NS" was my #11!

I also need to reassess "Connor's Wedding" with a second viewing. I was way too absorbed in the moment during the original airing to make a full assessment but there's a good chance it takes Succession's "spot" in my list.
I'm on my 5th go. It's such an intricate way of looking at the dynamic of losing your father but also then having corporate responsibilities and greed to consider.

Back
Top Bottom