This Exists

That’s an insane price. How much do LEGO kits of that size typically cost?
May or may not be a good reference point, but I looked up an assortment of 3,000+ piece sets. The (original?) Death Star kit cost $500 for ~1,100 more pieces. The Super Star Destroyer was $400 for ~500 more pieces. For a non-Star Wars thing, something from Harry Potter just released - Gringotts Wizarding Bank, whatever the fuck that is - and that's $430 for ~2,200 (nearly 2x) more pieces.

...So, apparently, the takeaway is just that licensed LEGO sets are expensive as fuck. :chuckle

The NES one seems to be a decent size. Honestly kind of too big to just have sitting around though, I feel. Would need like a dedicated shelf in a very particular display to really be worth it, even ignoring price.

6434148cv12d.jpg

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I have the NES one. Probably the most fun LEGO build I've done.

The TV is currently acting as a shelf for all my Link amiibos.

The NES has a little hidden feature of a miniature version of SMB World 1-2 when you remove part of the "casing"... I'll see if I can get a good picture of it.

I have the NES one sitting in a box at my parents' home in Canada, just waiting for the day I leave Saudi Arabia and have my own home. I thought about getting the SM64 question mark block but it's so bulky and I already have so much unused stuff in storage.

These are much smaller, but they're cool as hell:
71uz81jdxzL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I picked up the full set when I travelled to Japan.

I have the NES one sitting in a box at my parents' home in Canada, just waiting for the day I leave Saudi Arabia and have my own home. I thought about getting the SM64 question mark block but it's so bulky and I already have so much unused stuff in storage.

These are much smaller, but they're cool as hell:
View attachment 3289

I picked up the full set when I travelled to Japan.
I got some of these for Christmas but haven't built them yet

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
From what I've seen, all the Nintendo x Lego stuff has been great. One of these days I'll grab one of them and put it in top of my desk. The ? Block is great, but you can't really enjoy all that it offers without opening it. Kind of the same with Bowser.

Idk. Maybe I'm destined to get the NES one unless they come up with a cooler SNES one or something else.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
From what I've seen, all the Nintendo x Lego stuff has been great. One of these days I'll grab one of them and put it in top of my desk. The ? Block is great, but you can't really enjoy all that it offers without opening it. Kind of the same with Bowser.

Idk. Maybe I'm destined to get the NES one unless they come up with a cooler SNES one or something else.
I want both of those but you could try the Pirahna plant. I'm curious how that goes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom