Multi The Ultimate Final Fantasy Marathon (interest gauge and gameplan)

ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt

GW Elder
Hey ya’ll! As some of you knew from back in the day and as some of you who I keep up with regularly now still know (because I annoyingly won’t shut up about it), I’m a huge Final Fantasy fan. I’ve recently had the itch to marathon and stream (yes, I’m sorry, you get to see my ugly mug) the entire mainline single player series including a few of the spin offs that make sense to add.

This thread is to gauge interest from this group on if they would be interested in watching, what they would want to hear and see from a stream like this (lore, sidequests, random trivia, 100% completion, etc) as well as to get some suggestions on the roadmap I would be following, as well as scheduling.

So far, my plan was to stream 3-5 times a week (highly depending on other commitments and scheduling conflicts) from 7pm MST to 1am MST (9-3 EST, 6-12PST). These times can vary but the most likely variation will be starting earlier. Still need to hammer out specific start times, but this would be close to what it would look like.

As for the roadmap, the gameplan is to cover most of the available games tied to the Final Fantasy world. I will play games on their most recent release available but also in their original style (FFIII will be played as the Pixel Remaster version, not the 3D-style DS release). Mobile games and gatchas will all be skipped, and a few games may not be included if I can’t find a way to stream them or find a copy, which will include most of the handheld spinoffs (DS, GB, PSP, etc), but check the parenthesis between for any updates on those. The MMOs will be held to the end or possibly not played at all due to length and style of play. Dissidia is also held for the end to gauge interest (and because it’s a slog to get through if you want to see the complete story) and will most likely be skipped. Final Fantasy Adventure is also at the end because it was an NA rename of the SaGa series, and is technically not Final Fantasy. But if people want to see it, I can slot them in after FF 1, 2, and 3 respectively

Knowing that, here’s what I’ve got so far:

1. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
  2. Final Fantasy I
  3. Final Fantasy II
  4. Final Fantasy III
  5. Final Fantasy IV
  6. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (possible skip?)
  7. Final Fantasy V
  8. Final Fantasy VI
  9. Final Fantasy Tactics (low chance, don’t own, don’t know how to stream system)
  10. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (low chance, don't own, don't know how to stream system)
  11. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion (low chance, don't own, don't know how to stream system)
  12. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
  13. Final Fantasy VII (1997)
  14. Final Fantasy VII: Remake (+ DLC)
  15. Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (+ DLC if released)
  16. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (probable skip? Don’t know how to stream on available system)
  17. Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
  18. Final Fantasy IX
  19. Final Fantasy X: Remastered
  20. Final Fantasy X-2: Remastered
  21. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered
  22. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  23. Final Fantasy Type-0 (possible skip?)
  24. Final Fantasy XIII
  25. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  26. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  27. Final Fantasy XV (+ DLC)
  28. Final Fantasy XVI (+ DLC)
  29. World of Final Fantasy
  30. Final Fantasy Adventure?
  31. Final Fantasy Adventure II?
  32. Final Fantasy Adventure III?
  33. Final Fantasy XI?
  34. Final Fantasy XIV?
  35. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (probable skip?)
That’s the roadmap so far. I’m 50/50 on if I want to play each game to beat it, or try to 100% the game for all trophies/endings/variances, so I will take feedback on that. Also, I welcome feedback on whether to play the FF Adventure series that was originally SaGa, and if I should keep them at the end or slot them in near the start.

The plan, if there’s interest, is to start this within the next 2-3 weeks, so about mid-late May. Give feedback and let me know if you’re interested in watching!

ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt

GW Elder
Yeah, I don’t expect a full commitment from the watchers, just wanted to see who would be interested in the occasional tune-in.

I guess the purpose of the roadmap is to play in order, mostly OG release order but also for feature order and to see how the series grew, with a few exceptions (the FF7 remakes for example being in the FF7 block instead of at the end), but I could absolutely go with a poll and playing through games depending on popular vote order if that’s preferable for people to view.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
For the Gameboy ones, the go to would be emus and roms. If that irks you, GameCube has its Gameboy attachment and then you just capture your TV. And lastly, there are now conversion kits to add hdmi out to Gameboys.

So there are choices! PSP idk if there's anything similar, but option 1 probably works for it too.

For the streams, I'll try to get around if I got nothing going on in the background and maybe chat some. I just need to remember to be on the site and see you be on. I'm very good at getting distracted with other streams or videos as I do other things.

Back
Top Bottom