The post numbered 182nd in this thread wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, the Japanese gameshow that gave birth to Wipeout
Takeshi's Castle was the original game show. Then they imported it to America with comedic dubbing as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Takeshi's Castle recently made a comeback in Japan and translated episodes are available on Amazon Prime

Takeshi's Castle was the original game show. Then they imported it to America with comedic dubbing as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Takeshi's Castle recently made a comeback in Japan and translated episodes are available on Amazon Prime
Good to know. Takeshi's Castle, that's the name I remember!

You just said that to someone in a whole other hemisphere. It's no excuse.
Canada is always an excuse.
Shit, you're right... I was just trying to earn the good will of my boss. I've been pretty hard on him recently
After the great pineapple incident, I'm not even phased. I'm numb.
Shout out to MLK, who's got me the day off.
That's a paid holiday for you? We barely even acknowledge it exists.

What're the NZ-exclusive holidays? Do you have a favourite?
All our public holidays roughly in order:

New years day, day after new years day

We have regional (kinda like state) anniversary, mine is next monday.

Our version of our national country day.

Two days in Easter.

One day for the war.

One for the indigenous peoples' version of something like new years/stars behaving in a certain way, this one is somewhat new

Kings/Queens Birthday

Labour day

Xmas, Boxing day

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
HolidayDate in 2024
New Year's DayMonday 1 January
Australia DayFriday 26 January
Labour DayMonday 11 March
Good FridayFriday 29 March
Saturday before Easter SundaySaturday 30 March
Easter SundaySunday 31 March
Easter MondayMonday 1 April
ANZAC DayThursday 25 April
King's BirthdayMonday 10 June
Friday before the AFL Grand FinalFriday 27 September
Melbourne CupTuesday 5 November
Christmas DayWednesday 25 December
Boxing DayThursday 26 December

These are the ones for my state and then I get another one on the third Wednesday in October for a local holiday

• Cheers!
HolidayDate in 2024
New Year's DayMonday 1 January
Australia DayFriday 26 January
Labour DayMonday 11 March
Good Friday1Friday 29 March
Saturday before Easter SundaySaturday 30 March
Easter SundaySunday 31 March
Easter MondayMonday 1 April
ANZAC DayThursday 25 April
King's BirthdayMonday 10 June
Friday before the AFL Grand FinalFriday 27 September
Melbourne CupTuesday 5 November
Christmas DayWednesday 25 December
Boxing DayThursday 26 December
This is why other countries laugh at how much Americans are overworked.

How many weeks of holiday are you entitled to per year? Our base is 20 days on top of this but the company I work for I get 26
Entitled to and get are two different things.

We have like 12 federal holidays, but none are guaranteed off days. It's up to individual companies.

My old company gave us 10 days off.

The one I currently work for gives us 4 days off a year.

Entitled to and get are two different things.

We have like 12 federal holidays, but none are guaranteed off days. It's up to individual companies.

My old company gave us 10 days off.

The one I currently work for gives us 4 days off a year.
You can be asked/made to work public holidays too, basically... But you will be given a day in lieu, which is basically a ticket to have a paid day off another day (or be paid it out when you quit your job if it's still owing).

You can be asked/made to work public holidays too, basically... But you will be given a day in lieu, which is basically a ticket to have a paid day off another day (or be paid it out when you quit your job if it's still owing).
We have similar in terms of religious beliefs. Like we don't need to take Christmas, so you can get a floating holiday. But it's all still only 4 days without taking PTO.

You should see what the SEA countries get. Fucken heaps of days off. If they do good in a sporting event they'll have impromptu days off.
I mean we have a whole day for a sport final and then when the Matilda's were close to winning the World Cup we had a day off planned for that too

I work foe a decent company benefits wise. Helps that its a Volvo company, so good ol' Scandinavian roots. 56h of NYS sick leave and after a year full time I got 96h of paid time off. I'd have 40 more, but that's reserved for the Friday after Thanksgiving and Christmas week.

My previous job I had nothing after over 7 years. I could always ask for time off and they were fine with it, but nothing paid.

Again, I stress my jealousy.

EDIT - Do you wonder why I'm posting here instead of doing my job?

And why I laughed at Shortkut when he answered "Work" to my question of "What am I going to do at work tomorrow?"
I mean I get all those days off and still the GW temptation is greater than work so I'm more surprised you're not here more!

• Al
Reactions: Jon
I may randomly scroll through my fb home page to see something interesting. But I don't talk or react to people there. I should, since there's some good eggs there, but I've given up on doing that tbh.

I know that bit but I feel like there is going to be a gotcha with the 182nd part. Is that technically the 183rd post as 1 is numbered before the thread so the number "numbered 182nd" is technically post 183?
I mean, i would assume the person whose post is the one that says #182 of X would win... but I didn't make this OR the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back