TGVGD The Great Video Game Draft (PS1 Voting)

Who had the best list of PlayStation games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Hello!

Recently 9 players have mostly participated in a draft of every PlayStation 1 game, and now we need to determine a winner.

If you were a competitor, please do not vote for yourself.

If you could please peruse the following lists of PS1 games and decide which of these groups of games you would rather play, if they were the only PS1 games available to you:

@Tubby23
Metal Gear Solid
Driver
Crash Bandicoot
Mega Man Legends 2
FIFA Road to World Cup 98
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Rayman 2
WWF Smackdown!
Crash Bash
A really awesome game that no one else picked

@Cole
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Spider-Man
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider
WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role
Syphon Filter 2
Wipeout
Dead or Alive
Marvel vs Capcom
007 Racing

@Benzine
Final Fantasy VII
Tekken 3
Crash Team Racing
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Ridge Racer Type 4
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Cool Boarders 2
Pandemonium
Die Hard Trilogy

@TD
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Twisted Metal 2
Vagrant Story
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Breath of Fire IV
PaRappa the Rapper
The Legend of Dragoon
Tenchu: Stealth Assassin
Rayman
NASCAR Rumble

@Jon
Final Fantasy VIII
Gran Turismo 2
Xenogears
Civilization 2
Grand Theft Auto 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Quake 2
Mega Man X4
X-COM: Terror from the Deep
Warcraft II: Dark Saga

@Kat
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Need for Speed: High Stakes
Dragon Quest VII
Tomb Raider III
Gran Turismo
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Diablo
Einhänder
Time Crisis

@Zell 17
Final Fantasy IX
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Final Fantasy Tactics
Syphon Filter
Ape Escape
Grandia
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Suikoden
Parasite Eve 2
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos

@Local Hero
Chrono Cross
Suikoden II
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Medal of Honor
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Ace Combat 2
Frogger
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Gauntlet Legends
Monopoly

@Tommy Boy
Spyro the Dragon
Silent Hill
Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis 2
Legend of Legaia
Digimon World
Cool Boarders 4
Bubsy 3D
South Park

VashTheStampede
Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy Anthology
Tekken 2
Wild Arms
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
Alundra
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Koudelka
That's an incredible list considering they're all leftovers. Those are some dregs I would be happy to drink.

Stiff competition but I picked Benzine. A lot of games there I would love to boot up again

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
a ranking, noting that everyone picked several very good games, and the difference ended up being who was able to keep it up in the later rounds, *ahem*:

9th: Tommy Boy: props for picking Spyro 1, but bubsy 3D is a list killer (South Park, by which I assume you mean the FPS, was awful too)
8th: Local Hero: Chrono Cross and Suikoden II start the list off strong, but the later picks were not to my liking (Monopoly? really??, keep in mind there were still games available like the ones in Vash's list and Breath of Fire III and you pick Monopoly, c'mon)
7th: Tubby: hindered by not having a final game, his list is otherwise decent, boosted by Crash 1 and MML 2; though even if he had picked BoFIII as his last pick it wouldn't of been enough to push his list to the top
6th: Benzine: I was hoping a list that featured FFVII would do better but it had the weaker FF compilation (Anthology has V and VI, better than IV at least) and I didn't care for the last couple of picks
5th: Kat: Crash 2 was a good start and many other picks were decent, but nothing else really stood out for me
4th: Cole: good list overall boosted by THPS2 and Spider-Man, but it was hindered by two things - 1) two Tomb Raiders back to back, 2) 007 racing; Marvel vs Capcom 1 is also one my lesser liked titles in the Capcom vs series so that didn't help
3rd: TD: Symphony of the Night and Breath of Fire IV are very good picks, and most of his other games were solid as well BUT the final pick being a nascar game prevents the win for me
2nd: Jon: some sneakily good picks in here, including Alpha 3, Civ 2, and Mega Man X4, ah if he had only picked FF9 instead of FF8 he would of earned my vote
1st: Zell: having FF9 AND Tactics is a bit unfair, the list is a bit RPG heavy even if you don't consider PE2 an RPG and I don't really care for Croc but even so the list is otherwise strong enough to earn my vote

well I didn't, so there!
sad the office GIF

FF8 is my, or one of my, favorite games of all time
Yup, I tried to get some people on board with it. I was hoping those that argued between 8 and 9 would be pushed to me with the variety of genres I provided. I love the games I picked, but I watched the first few go to people who mixed up genres, so I tried that. I was RPG heavy my first couple. So I switch it and the winner this time is gonna be RPG heavy, lol. Oh well, that's the way the wind blows.

Crtl+F reveals... emotional damage, the thread! :chuckle

Arc the Lad Collection -> NO RESULTS
Armored Core -> NO RESULTS
Bomberman -> NO RESULTS
Breath of Fire III -> NO RESULTS [TD with the save on BoF4]
Digimon World 2 -> NO RESULTS [Tommy with the GOAT save on DW1 tho]
Jade Cocoon -> NO RESULTS
Jumping Flash -> NO RESULTS
Lunar -> NO RESULTS [Vash with the save on Silver Star Story]
Mega Man Legends -> NO RESULTS [Tubby with the MML2 save]
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure -> NO RESULTS
Star Ocean: The Second Story -> NO RESULTS
Tales of Destiny -> NO RESULTS
Tales of Eternia -> NO RESULTS
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne -> NO RESULTS
Threads of Fate -> NO RESULTS [Also known as Dew Prism, also no results]
Wild ARMs 2 -> NO RESULTS [Vash with the save on WA1]

I can't say any list has more than like 3-4 games I'd want to play/replay multiple times, but most of them have games I'd probably want to pick in addition to some of the above. It's super tempting to give it to @Tommy Boy just for Digimon World alone, however, @Tubby23 having an unfinished list which also contains Mega Man Legends 2 and Metal Gear Solid, plus Crash and Rayman, will get my vote. 🤔

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Crtl+F reveals... emotional damage, the thread! :chuckle

Arc the Lad Collection -> NO RESULTS
Armored Core -> NO RESULTS
Bomberman -> NO RESULTS
Breath of Fire III -> NO RESULTS [TD with the save on BoF4]
Digimon World 2 -> NO RESULTS [Tommy with the GOAT save on DW1 tho]
Jade Cocoon -> NO RESULTS
Jumping Flash -> NO RESULTS
Lunar -> NO RESULTS [Vash with the save on Silver Star Story]
Mega Man Legends -> NO RESULTS [Tubby with the MML2 save]
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure -> NO RESULTS
Star Ocean: The Second Story -> NO RESULTS
Tales of Destiny -> NO RESULTS
Tales of Eternia -> NO RESULTS
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne -> NO RESULTS
Threads of Fate -> NO RESULTS [Also known as Dew Prism, also no results]
Wild ARMs 2 -> NO RESULTS [Vash with the save on WA1]

I can't say any list has more than like 3-4 games I'd want to play/replay multiple times, but most of them have games I'd probably want to pick in addition to some of the above. It's super tempting to give it to @Tommy Boy just for Digimon World alone, however, @Tubby23 having an unfinished list which also contains Mega Man Legends 2 and Metal Gear Solid, plus Crash and Rayman, will get my vote. 🤔
Jumping Flash and Mega Man Legends were cut from my dregs list.

Surprised to not see you mention Koudelka, fellow Shadow Hearts fan.

Jumping Flash and Mega Man Legends were cut from my dregs list.

Surprised to not see you mention Koudelka, fellow Shadow Hearts fan.
I need to actually play it first! I bought a discs-only copy circa, like, 2003... and it's sat in the backlog ever since. 😓

Really should play that before Penny Blood comes out!

a ranking, noting that everyone picked several very good games, and the difference ended up being who was able to keep it up in the later rounds, *ahem*:

9th: Tommy Boy: props for picking Spyro 1, but bubsy 3D is a list killer (South Park, by which I assume you mean the FPS, was awful too)
I ran out of games and started picking the worst games I ever played. This was anticipated :chuckle

PS1 was cheaper than N64, but still hella expensive for our age ranges. Personally, I still played most of my PS1/N64 games via rentals - and bought the ones I remembered a couple years down the line, post-PS2 release.

More things worth mentioning:

Forsaken
Gex (no I'm serious the first game at least was novel and not bad, YMMV on the other two)
Legend of Mana
Mega Man 8 [I still hear that sassy "See you in my dreams" in my nightmares :chuckle]
Monster Rancher
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
SaGa Frontier
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Tomba
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts

My god do I miss that era of voice "acting." It was so bad it was amazing!

The fact that I instantly recognized that Mega Man's voice was Lita/Sailor Jupiter had my mind going places I didn't know it could go. :chuckle

Edit: Actually now I'm second guessing my memory, but I definitely realized something hysterical about it at the time and am going to wind up going down a rabbit hole trying to figure it out... lol

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
PS1 was cheaper than N64, but still hella expensive for our age ranges. Personally, I still played most of my PS1/N64 games via rentals - and bought the ones I remembered a couple years down the line, post-PS2 release.
I had a Gamefly membership when that was a thing and rented a lot of games, but I don't think it existed during the PS1 generation. Nearly all the games I was thinking of turned out to be on the PS2.

My god do I miss that era of voice "acting." It was so bad it was amazing!

The fact that I instantly recognized that Mega Man's voice was Lita/Sailor Jupiter had my mind going places I didn't know it could go. :chuckle

Edit: Actually now I'm second guessing my memory, but I definitely realized something hysterical about it at the time and am going to wind up going down a rabbit hole trying to figure it out... lol
Did you ever hear the voice acting for Gotcha Force? Sadly it's only in such a small part of the game, but you should really watch the game intro vid on YouTube. It had me in stitches. They hired literal children with reading difficulties to recite the lines -- stutters, robotic voices, and mispronunciations a-plenty. It's magical 😂

Did you ever hear the voice acting for Gotcha Force? Sadly it's only in such a small part of the game, but you should really watch the game intro vid on YouTube. It had me in stitches. They hired literal children with reading difficulties to recite the lines -- stutters, robotic voices, and mispronunciations a-plenty. It's magical 😂
Took a little digging, but I found some stuff! That's great. 😊

Kou | Mana

I had a Gamefly membership when that was a thing and rented a lot of games, but I don't think it existed during the PS1 generation. Nearly all the games I was thinking of turned out to be on the PS2.
Hmm, yeah I don't remember when GameFly first started either! Definitely hard to keep track of which games were on which platforms sometimes though. Especially when they're 30 years old... 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom