That movie sucked!

Name a movie that you didn't like at all.

I'm going to go ahead and say that "Twilight" was pretty bad.

robert pattinson twilight GIF

Last edited:
Alone in the Dark

If you can tell what's going on, you're lying.

Taken 3

This isn't even the worst scene. The one where he escapes the cops custody is even worse. I couldn't tell you how on earth he escape the head cuffs because it was so poorly edited. And the property damage alone during his escape would put him in prison for a really long time.

The Protector 2

I was watching it. It seemed like it had been an hour. I checked to see how much time was left. I was less than 30 minutes into the movie. I turned it off. The first movie was fine and has some cool scenes. #2 was boring.

A Good Day to Die Hard
This is likely the last time Willis will play John McClane due to Willis' dimentia.

Cop Out
This movie is why Kevin Smith shouldn't direct stuff he didn't write.

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
This is why Kevin Smith should just not write anymore. I haven't seen Clerks 3 yet.

Jurassic Park: Forbidden Kingdom
This is why you should leave some franchises well enough alone.

Doom

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
twilight kicks ass. note that i am not saying it's a good movie. bad movies can kick ass. twilight is so fucking bad dude but also god is it an entertaining watch with friends who are also tearing into it

a group of friends and i have a cinema club where we all add movies to a list with different categories and one of the categories is hatewatch. thus far for hatewatches we have done Twilight, Happiest Season, and...

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
twilight kicks ass. note that i am not saying it's a good movie. bad movies can kick ass. twilight is so fucking bad dude but also god is it an entertaining watch with friends who are also tearing into it

a group of friends and i have a cinema club where we all add movies to a list with different categories and one of the categories is hatewatch. thus far for hatewatches we have done Twilight, Happiest Season, and...

Genius! I need to try this sometime, it sounds amazing :D

still believe Elektra is the worst movie I've ever seen. I walked out of the theater during the film -- the only time I've ever done that.

I don't think Elektra was a terrible movie, but it was certainly boring. There is no energy in the movie.

Literally any of the paranormal activity series.

I *might* of tolerated the first one, I can't really remember.... but they all suck now.
I watched the first movie in theaters when it hadn't gone wide, and I laughed at people screaming at a jump scare I had seen a million times and knew it was coming despite not having seen the movie previously.

It was the scene where the guy wakes up to find his girl sitting outside in her pajamas when it was cold. He goes back to the room to get a blanket or coat and then turns around and she's standing right there. It was one of the most telegraphed jump scares I've ever seen in a movie, and the entire theater screamed in fright and I just laughed. People nearby were not pleased.

Paranormal Activity is like a showcase for why I dislike horror movies.

Reactions: Lee

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
twilight kicks ass. note that i am not saying it's a good movie. bad movies can kick ass.
When Twilight came out in theaters, I had no idea what it was. Some people I vaguely knew were going and said I'd love it, it's a vampire movie. I'm like okay cool, also trying to make new friends in college, I'll go. When I got there I was thinking it was a comedy or satire and spent half the movie laughing out loud. It wasn't until towards the end I realized it was supposed to be serious. I thought it was a great movie when I thought it was intended to be a joke, and I probably ruined it for the whole theater of people lol whoops? :vampire

TLDR: I didn't hang out with those people much after that :laugh

Fire Queen

GW Elder
i also saw it in theaters! i also laughed my ass off! the difference in my story is that i had read twilight (and new moon, and eclipse…) my freshman year of high school to get in the good graces of someone i had a crush on (it worked btw) and man. i chomped it up at the time because i was a 14yo with zero to no media literacy. as an adult i recognize that those books are racist and sexist mormon trash. the movie (at least the first one) did the best it could with the source material, as did the actors. rpats and kstew have had amazing careers with such incredible roles that it’s easy to forget they were in fucking twilight of all things

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
rpats and kstew have had amazing careers with such incredible roles that it’s easy to forget they were in fucking twilight of all things
Is it bad that Twilight is literally the only thing I know him from? Well, that and his spot in JKRowtwat's film.

(and in complete honesty I've never watched a Twilight film, but I HAVE watched one of the parodies of it...ahem...)

Fire Queen

GW Elder
he was really good in the new live-action batman! he really understood that the best way to handle being cast as batman/bruce wayne is to lean really hard into the autism of it all. also i know that movie’s 3 hour runtime scared a lot of people off but i recommend the way my fiancée and i watched it: in six 30-minute chunks and also in black and white. it kicked ass

i haven’t seen either of them but i’ve heard good things about the lighthouse and his vocal performance in the dub of the boy and the heron

Is it bad that Twilight is literally the only thing I know him from? Well, that and his spot in JKRowtwat's film.

(and in complete honesty I've never watched a Twilight film, but I HAVE watched one of the parodies of it...ahem...)

You should absolutely watch The Lighthouse

Excalibur

A Winner is You
GW Elder
he was really good in the new live-action batman! he really understood that the best way to handle being cast as batman/bruce wayne is to lean really hard into the autism of it all. also i know that movie’s 3 hour runtime scared a lot of people off but i recommend the way my fiancée and i watched it: in six 30-minute chunks and also in black and white. it kicked ass

i haven’t seen either of them but i’ve heard good things about the lighthouse and his vocal performance in the dub of the boy and the heron
Yeah, he was great in The Batman! Same with The Lighthouse and High Life. Good Time was the first post-Twilight movie I had seen of him and it really convinced me I was wrong about him as an actor. Glad he's been able to shake off that typecasting.

Also, he definitely has a bright spot as a voice actor if he wishes to continue. I would've had no idea he was voicing his character in The Boy and the Heron if I hadn't read about it beforehand.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Only one movie has put me to sleep multiple times. I never fall asleep during movies outside of crazy circumstances, and I've also never made it through Anchorman 2 without sleeping through like half of it.
I absolutely adore the first Anchorman. An almost perfect comedy.

I was so depressed at how bad the sequel was that I turned it off after like 20-30 minutes. :(

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I love bad movies that are hilarious and entertaining. The most recent one I watched in that category was Hurricane Heist. It's absolutely ridiculous but great fun to watch.

Megalodon 2 seemed like it should be in that category, but it was actually kinda good? It was still ridiculous in many ways, but had more sensible plot and character development than I expected.

The worst movie I've ever seen is Zardoz, no contest. I regret putting that into my brain. General life tip for you all: if somebody invites you over to watch a "cursed movie", DON'T DO IT.

The most boring movie I can think of is The Silent Place. Maybe I went into it with the wrong expectations, but I kept waiting for something interesting to happen, and the movie ended before it did.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
I watched hypnotic recently! It was okay but I fell asleep after the twist… decided to watch what I missed… uhhh… good call on falling asleep.

Back
Top Bottom