Campaign Stormwreck Isle: Welcome to Dragon's Rest (1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Moonsprout feels the rock he's on shifting slightly, and his eyes shoot open. Though an expert at slumbering, Moonsprout is an even greater expert at dazzling onlookers with unexpected feats. He's ready to act.

Moonsprout jolts awake, seeing the party in front of him slowly rising upward.

"Wait, why are you guys floating..?"

As the cliff face rushes up and the party flash out of sight, Moonsprout's cat-like reflexes kick in, honed by the 7 months he spent pretending to be a cat for tax reasons. His feet find purchase on rock after rock, as the most lightfoot of halflings dances a ballet with himself as he climbs.

DALL·E 2024-01-25 08.32.14 - Illustration showing Moonsprout Beandirt, the Lightfoot Halfling ...png

Moonsprout alights on the edge of the cliff, figuratively (but also literally) giving a middle-finger to gravity and it's oppressive laws.

DALL·E 2024-01-25 08.48.08 - Illustration in the same style showing Moonsprout Beandirt, the L...png

You expertly avoided the fall.

((Guess you really didn't need Feather Fall))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Pictured: Moonsprout Beandirt breaking the fourth wall to salute the Dungeon Master for immediately trying to punish him for getting rid of feather fall))
((
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+
))

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
Moonsprout dances across the falling rocks and up the rugged cliffs of the coastline. His footsteps are lighter than a feather as he bounds from sheer rock wall to tumbling boulder and back again. He even sings a jaunty tune, eyes fully closed for most of the duration of his mountainous waltz.

As he leaps to the top of the cliff and then glides down slowly in front of his fellow adventurers, who stand watching him with their mouths agape, he yawns and scratches the morning itch inside his well-seasoned undergarments.

I'm bored. Hey, are you guys ready to go find some mushrooms?

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims yawns and scratches his side as he walks out the room he was sleeping in. In his grogginess he witnesses Moonsprout possibly kicking some rocks into the waters below or something and making rude gestures towards the heavens. He knew this was a very eccentric bunch to travel with but... maybe blasphemy wasn't the card to play even when hopped up on mushrooms.

Well then, off to an eventful start for the day, i guess? Everyone awake? Still got all your digits intact? You never know when squirrels come and chew one off of ya.

The plan was to go pummel up the octopus yes? We better meet up with Tarak then before leaving.

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims shrugs.

Fair enough halfling. Hopefully we don't have to exit through the other side of the cloister. Would be a shame if we were rewarded with all the mushrooms by the myconids. It's not like we know everything about fungi. Who knows, maybe they'll try to rip us off with some low grade polyps.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
Aims shrugs.

Fair enough halfling. Hopefully we don't have to exit through the other side of the cloister. Would be a shame if we were rewarded with all the mushrooms by the myconids. It's not like we know everything about fungi. Who knows, maybe they'll try to rip us off with some low grade polyps.
Moonsprout cries out in desperation as the group starts away
Wait! What if you stuff me in your rucksack or something? That way I can tag along without any awkward greetings

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims ponders for a moment.

Nope. Too early for that. You seemed energetic enough just a moment ago. Gotta work first before you can have some fun.

Anyhow, I'm off to check the kitchen area and then maybe the larger area past it. I think they said there's a temple area. Sounds like a place folks might go to in the morning.

And he gon'. With or without a halfling running after.

Short Order takes in the elements, enjoying nature as any druid would.

It's a good day for a walk. Best get ready with some food and prepare for the journey ahead.

Noticing Moonsprout has managed to not accidentally kill himself...

Maybe you should sleep in a sack that's tied to the big guy over here. That way we don't lose track of you in the mushroom caves.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

Your party walks up the wide path, reaching the dining room doorway where Tarak stands waiting for you outside.

tarak3.png

Holding the bag of rotting food scraps at a careful distance, Tarak greets the adventurers with a friendly nod. "Good morning! Ah, you're here for these delightful offerings." He hands over the bag, trying to minimize his reaction to the strong smell.

"Traveling to the Seagrow Caves by foot is a journey of about 7 miles, along the coast. Given a steady pace, it should take you around two hours and twenty minutes, more or less."

He offers a piece of advice, his tone earnest. "Just keep in mind the tides. The lower coastal path to the cave system is only accessible during low tide. I wish you safe travels, and may Bahamut clear your path" Tarak gives them an encouraging smile, wishing them well on their journey He quickly turns and slides into the kitchen to be away from the smell of that bag.

((The party is here, the caves you seek are said to be somewhere in the following area.
1706213137929.png))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Zesty takes the bag from Tarak and nods his head. He notices the smell, but it doesn't bother him. He places the ingredients into his rucksack.

Many thanks, Tarak. I appreciate this as I know the smell can be putrid. We appreciate the directions as well and bid you farewell until we return.

Zesty turns towards his compatriots.

Which of you wants to go get the halfling?

Lightning quick, Zesty slaps his index finger on his right hand to his nose.

Not it, the tiefling says as he smiles.

((@Ben - How do you want me to put this rotting food into my inventory? I can add a custom item since the rotten food doesn't exist, but I do not know the weight. Cost I'd assume is nothing. The spell also doesn't specify how much a "bit" is so knowing that would help me determine how much use I get out of what Tarak supplied me.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((@Ben - How do you want me to put this rotting food into my inventory? I can add a custom item since the rotten food doesn't exist, but I do not know the weight. Cost I'd assume is nothing. The spell also doesn't specify how much a "bit" is so knowing that would help me determine how much use I get out of what Tarak supplied me.))
((We'll say it's 2lbs of rotting food. No cost.))

Reactions: Jon

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Hmm, i think we will need to head back down anyways to the beach and follow it down tonthe cave. Looking up it doesn't seem like there is any noticeable paths back down. Just going more up.

If you leave the bag outside tiefling, we can first go see if we can grab a quick bite before taking off. Seems like the dwarf was eager to eat at least. I would not.mind it either.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Hmm, i think we will need to head back down anyways to the beach and follow it down tonthe cave. Looking up it doesn't seem like there is any noticeable paths back down. Just going more up.

If you leave the bag outside tiefling, we can first go see if we can grab a quick bite before taking off. Seems like the dwarf was eager to eat at least. I would not.mind it either.

You venture into the dining area. There's no one here but Tarak, who's now busy in the back.

Awaiting on the table, seemingly prepared a while earlier but still holding some warmth, is a platter of eggs and some loaves. You help yourselves.

DALL·E 2024-01-25 19.16.57 - An illustrated image in the style of a Dungeons and Dragons monst...png

You're sated and ready to embark.

From the cloister, you can see a bar of gravely sand running along the base of the cliffs, with the tide being out at present. There is access to the path via the beach where the zombies attacked you, or you could try to find a more direct path down from Dragon's Rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom