VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
...and his last match will be at AEW Revolution '24

Okay the title was only partly clickbaity.

Curious as to who he ends up facing in his last dance.

I've always been a big fan of the Stinger, and somehow he has had some of his most entertaining matches in this AEW run in his 60s.

Gonna be sad to see him go. Absolute icon.

Per Cageside Seats...
Tony Schiavone talks about his history with Sting before introducing him.

Sting makes his entrance and talks about how when he first howled and fans howled back he couldn't believe but here we are now all these years later. He talks about saying "the word" and he wants to reflect first. Traveling the roads with Lex Luger, Rick and Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, and they'd look at the generation ahead of them, guys that shaped his career like Dusty Rhodes being the most charismatic human being he'd ever seen.

Noted racist Hulk Hogan, and he hears us on the boos but he transcended wrestling and he learned something from him. But one of the guys he really wants to give a lot to is the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. He talks about Clash of Champions, being put on the map, and thanks him for it.

He says they used to wonder what made older guys want to keep coming back and here he is, all these years later and he understands why they hung on. The smell of the arenas, the camaraderie on the road, the roar of the fans, that's what keeps him here. Should he be doing what he does, jumping off balconies... well, we'll come to that.

Back to the word, he knows some of us are thinking he retired once already, and yeah he said the word, but that retirement in 2015 didn't sit right with him. Besides that, the only thing for sure about Sting is that nothing's for sure.

Which brings him now to the word, "retirement."

He says this is his moment and our moment and he wants to share it with us. His first match in AEW was at Revolution 2021, and his very last match will be at Revolution 2024. One more key thing we all need to know— the only thing for sure about Sting is that his retirement at Revolution 2024, is for sure.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
One of my favorite wrestling tropes is that Sting's always gonna trust the person he shouldn't and will eventually get stabbed in the back.

Kind of heartwarming that never happened in this last run (Darby I swear I will hunt you down if you make me regret saying that).

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I guess you can call him Stung now,

Sorry, leaving now.
Look Out Uh Oh GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

All things have their time, he's had one hell of a great career. Hope his last match is a doozy!
TV Tropes put it best...

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
It was a cute moment but rather hypocritical of Tony Khan to bring in Flair after talking so much shit about Vince being an abuser.

You could argue that he looked the other way to do something nice for Sting but it's really not a good look.

Christian running down Ric and saying he knows there's no God because Ric would have died 20 years ago was wild though.

It was a cute moment but rather hypocritical of Tony Khan to bring in Flair after talking so much shit about Vince being an abuser.

You could argue that he looked the other way to do something nice for Sting but it's really not a good look.

Christian running down Ric and saying he knows there's no God because Ric would have died 20 years ago was wild though.
Tony is such a hypocrite, the man has gone off the deep end

Back
Top Bottom