Sports Betting

I dont normally bet, but since it just became legal in my state there were tons of promotions, talking about free money after depositing $10 bucks, like 200 to 365 dollars. I've made great bank on NCAA yesterday and hope to make a little more on NFL today.

We'll see if I would have made a net positive if it was my actual money, either way I plan to be done with it once the weekend is over, and maybe next, one site I wont get the bonus bets until Tuesday sadly.

Anyone bet? I dont follow sports as much as I used to, so I went with a couple guys picks who usually do a good job on a podcast I listen to. One of which is political pundit James Carville who has done well for me so far

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I dont normally bet, but since it just became legal in my state there were tons of promotions, talking about free money after depositing $10 bucks, like 200 to 365 dollars. I've made great bank on NCAA yesterday and hope to make a little more on NFL today.

We'll see if I would have made a net positive if it was my actual money, either way I plan to be done with it once the weekend is over, and maybe next, one site I wont get the bonus bets until Tuesday sadly.

Anyone bet? I dont follow sports as much as I used to, so I went with a couple guys picks who usually do a good job on a podcast I listen to. One of which is political pundit James Carville who has done well for me so far

The only thing I’ve got to add to this is to read that fine print with those credits they offer you. I had a LOT of angry friends thinking that they were gonna walk away with some decent money only to learn they have credit that can only be applied to bets and you’d have to win those bets to turn it into anything. Although the rules will vary state to state, those promotions are intended to reel you in, so just be careful with them.

The only thing I’ve got to add to this is to read that fine print with those credits they offer you. I had a LOT of angry friends thinking that they were gonna walk away with some decent money only to learn they have credit that can only be applied to bets and you’d have to win those bets to turn it into anything. Although the rules will vary state to state, those promotions are intended to reel you in, so just be careful with them.
Yeah I took all that "money" and bet, knew I had to bet it, already have withdrawn a lot of the winnings

Yeah I bet a little bit. I mostly got my dad into it because he is not tech savvy at all and wanted to make Sundays more interesting. He now bets on college games or props and has no idea what he is betting half the time and has turned his original $50 deposit into $120 eight weeks later.

I started with $25 and sit at $90 after losing my parlay Sunday night. I mostly put together "sure thing" parlays to increase my payout. They have worked out most of the time make 3 safe bets on a ticket. It's not as fun as playing long shots but it's making me a little profit. Nothing worth chasing into something bigger but I'm up quite a bit now.

If I bottom out on DraftKings I'll switch to the next one to get the first deposit bonuses. I like to make my first bet on a Saturday so I get my bonus bets for the Sunday slate of games. I'm much better at betting NFL than anything thanks to the many years of pickem, fantasy, over-unders, and survivor games I've played over the years. Trends are easier to spot that way.

I have bet a handful of times, but I try not to make it a habit. Since it has been legalized in Ontario, you can really see how it invades absolutely everything. It's just as bad as fantasy football for enjoying the actual games.

The last bet that I made was last year in November - I bet on the Argos to win the Grey Cup (which was a long shot) and the Chiefs to win that night. I think I turned $20 into $80, but the only reason I did the bet is that it was so unexpected that the Argos would even make the Grey Cup, let alone win it. And I had to add the Chiefs on top because I think they were playing Denver, and that was a sure thing (at least, last year it was :p )

Back
Top Bottom