Hold Some way to automatically compress pictures on upload?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
My phone saves pictures as gargantuan files and has no easy way to compress them. Most sites compress them automatically, but here I just get an error that they're too big. I don't suppose that's a feature you can turn on somehow? I'd expect it to be on by default if so, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. If not then I'll go find some app to do it.

What is the limit, anyway? It doesn't bother to say, so I don't know how small I need to get the file to be.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I have noticed that the attachment uploader is a little finicky on iOS at times, but oddly enough… I don’t have issues when I hit the add image icon and go from there… which is weird, but I don’t ask questions, forums do what forums want to do.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I have noticed that the attachment uploader is a little finicky on iOS at times, but oddly enough… I don’t have issues when I hit the add image icon and go from there… which is weird, but I don’t ask questions, forums do what forums want to do.
Very interesting. I don't have anything Apple, so I don't really get any of this on my end, but I'll keep an eye out for any Apple-related fixes on the XF forums.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Very interesting. I don't have anything Apple, so I don't really get any of this on my end, but I'll keep an eye out for any Apple-related fixes on the XF forums.

I don’t necessarily think it’s worth going out of your way to remedy, it’s just a quirk I’ve noticed when I’m trying to rush through the process. It never happens if I give it a second, but I’m too damn impatient.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Ah, so perhaps a "Slow down, Mark!" warning? Lol

It would just go ignored. I noticed it only when I would be in the middle of typing, jump over to screenshot something, and then come back and try to instantaneously attach the file without selecting the text field again.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’m gonna mark this as held for the time being, because I’m not seeing any free and viable options for image compression on the mod site, but it’s definitely an idea we’re going to want to revisit.

Back
Top Bottom