SNK's Neo Geo Consoles

Anyone ever have a Neo Geo AES, CD, or Pocket (Color)? I feel like they're those console families that few ever talk about because they were neither laughable failures nor huge successes. I believe the vast majority of the games worth playing on their consoles were made available on other consoles. Seems like it was a purposely niche console family make specifically for home ports of SNK's fighting games, and the Metal Slug series.

I have a Neo Geo Pocket Color, the thumbstick is AMAZING. It feels really good to use, and the clicky sound it makes makes it clear which actions you are making. I got one in a Gamestop back in like 2003 or 2004 and it came with 10 games. Half of them are fighting games. Fatal Fury, KoF, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade, and the amazing SnK vs Capcom. Can't find a power cable for it, but the battery life on this thing is realllllllly good. Puts every other handheld to shame in the battery category.

Anyone ever have the pleasure of owning a Neo Geo AES or CD? How was it?
I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to acquire one now, unless they REALLY want one because the consoles and the games that are on there are expensive. Especially considering the fact that most games worth playing on it are likely available elsewhere. Lots on the SNES and Saturn (probably a lot of Japan exclusive titles).

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I never got the chance, always too far out of my price range. It's on my bucket list, though. AES, CD and Pocket as well as an MVS if I ever can (I mean I suppose I could just setup a MAME cabinet, but there's something special about an old MVS)

Back
Top Bottom