Discussion Setting up Social Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Let’s get started setting up the social groups.

First order of business… we have one area for “roles” in the group. It defines roles across all groups, so I think we should start here since this is the area where we’ll need the most feedback from everyone to come up with a consensus.

Right now, we have the defaults:

IMG_4546.jpeg

We can go right on down the line of each set of functions that appear like this:

IMG_4547.jpeg

However… I think it’ll be better just to focus on what kind of roles we want to put on there first, and then build from there.

Of course, I can break down the different tabs before we decide if need be, but each one is generally the same for a different element of social groups.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ve done a little editing to the social groups settings, now these are the options for creating a new group:

IMG_5387.jpeg

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
View attachment 4771
Toggle display group badge

Almost marked this as the solution til I realized this was a whole ass thread for the social groups, but yeah, Tommy, he’s right.

It has also been reported that it doesn’t necessarily show on all posts, so be mindful of that. We haven’t figured out why that happens yet, just discovered it last night.

Almost marked this as the solution til I realized this was a whole ass thread for the social groups, but yeah, Tommy, he’s right.

It has also been reported that it doesn’t necessarily show on all posts, so be mindful of that. We haven’t figured out why that happens yet, just discovered it last night.
It looks like it doesn't show on my new post, but when I refresh the page it pops in.

Thanks for the help!

Was I the first to start messing around with it lol? I turned it on for all my groups to see what would happen and it only does the last one. Then later I saw you guys discussing it.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It looks like it doesn't show on my new post, but when I refresh the page it pops in.

Thanks for the help!

We kinda let the social groups sit for a minute after it was installed. I messed around with some of it early on, then got preoccupied with other stuff, and here we are now still trying to figure it out. Eventually, we’re gonna utilize the FAQ more and have explanations for stuff like that… but we gotta figure it out first.

Was I the first to start messing around with it lol? I turned it on for all my groups to see what would happen and it only does the last one. Then later I saw you guys discussing it.

Honestly… someone brought it up in @Jon’s dead thread last night, that was the first I heard of the issue with the badges only displaying on certain posts. I couldn’t find shit pertaining to the group badge in the admin panel, and shortly after that is when I saw you mention the banner image or avatar being used as the badge.

We kinda let the social groups sit for a minute after it was installed. I messed around with some of it early on, then got preoccupied with other stuff, and here we are now still trying to figure it out. Eventually, we’re gonna utilize the FAQ more and have explanations for stuff like that… but we gotta figure it out first.

Honestly… someone brought it up in @Jon’s dead thread last night, that was the first I heard of the issue with the badges only displaying on certain posts. I couldn’t find shit pertaining to the group badge in the admin panel, and shortly after that is when I saw you mention the banner image or avatar being used as the badge.
Ah okay. Yeah I had been messing around with it for a little bit by that point, that's how I noticed the banner thing. I saw something in there I hadn't seen before and turned it on. Then I said Kelly should make a new banner for the CBC. Then later that discussion came up in Jon's thread. I was well informed by that point!

No idea if someone else independently discovered it or just noticed the weird shit going on in my display.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Ah okay. Yeah I had been messing around with it for a little bit by that point, that's how I noticed the banner thing. I saw something in there I hadn't seen before and turned it on. Then I said Kelly should make a new banner for the CBC. Then later that discussion came up in Jon's thread. I was well informed by that point!

No idea if someone else independently discovered it or just noticed the weird shit going on in my display.

All I know is this whole endeavor is just bumping around in the dark unintentionally and unnecessarily. I could have easily dedicated a little bit of time to figure it out… but nooo… that’s too much like sensible. Instead, we’re all doing this Easter egg hunt in December. You should see how disorganized the back end for the social groups is in the admin panel, you gotta look through multiple tabs just to find options for stuff that appears together on the front end. I’m just glad that we’re figuring it out without breaking too much.

All I know is this whole endeavor is just bumping around in the dark unintentionally and unnecessarily. I could have easily dedicated a little bit of time to figure it out… but nooo… that’s too much like sensible. Instead, we’re all doing this Easter egg hunt in December. You should see how disorganized the back end for the social groups is in the admin panel, you gotta look through multiple tabs just to find options for stuff that appears together on the front end. I’m just glad that we’re figuring it out without breaking too much.
Yeah the only thing that gets risked for breaking is my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom