Retro Game Storage

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I have cheap plastic tubs that sit over my consoles in two of those ikea cube shelf things, keeps the dust off them, keeps the controllers clean and it's all hooked up to my lattice work of switchers and surge protectors so it only takes a couple of minutes to get from stored to loaded when I want to game.

As for cases, I have and do use retrogamecases, but I've also really been investing in https://miniboxgaming.com cases because they're just plain awesome :D

I have cheap plastic tubs that sit over my consoles in two of those ikea cube shelf things, keeps the dust off them, keeps the controllers clean and it's all hooked up to my lattice work of switchers and surge protectors so it only takes a couple of minutes to get from stored to loaded when I want to game.

As for cases, I have and do use retrogamecases, but I've also really been investing in https://miniboxgaming.com cases because they're just plain awesome :D

Oooh, they have a bulk deal unlike Retro Game Cases and Custom Game Cases.

Retro is the only one with non-cartridge game cases. I have so many unmarked PS1 and Dreamcast games.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Oooh, they have a bulk deal unlike Retro Game Cases and Custom Game Cases.

Retro is the only one with non-cartridge game cases. I have so many unmarked PS1 and Dreamcast games.
Yeah, the disc games and cards are hard to get good cases for, so they're best left to Retro Game Cases, but MiniBox is great for the consoles they serve. It's the real box, just mini :D

When I was a kid, I had my games in these cases. I presume they still are

I have one game in those, Legend of Zelda. A few in the black sleeves.
When I got my NeoGeo Pocket Color, it came with 10 games, and they were all in handy plastic containers. No power cable, though...

I really like the cases with the labels for the games as if I bought them brand new.

Looking at that Minibox video, I'm not sure those are what I want. They look like flimsy protection cases with labels. The boxes seem like they're too small to put manuals in. Almost all of my GBA games have a manual but no box (I likely went through a "I don't want boxes taking up space" phase like I did with my CDs).

Because of their "buy in bulk and save" concept, this will be great for games I value less, like Game Gear games. For my more favorite games, I'd prefer the more hardshell cases. I have a handful of cardboard boxes the N64, SNES, and GBA games they came in and they don't hold up well to being stored in bunches.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Looking at that Minibox video, I'm not sure those are what I want. They look like flimsy protection cases with labels. The boxes seem like they're too small to put manuals in. Almost all of my GBA games have a manual but no box (I likely went through a "I don't want boxes taking up space" phase like I did with my CDs).
Yeah, they are cart sized boxes, so not really meant for manuals, sadly.
Because of their "buy in bulk and save" concept, this will be great for games I value less, like Game Gear games. For my more favorite games, I'd prefer the more hardshell cases. I have a handful of cardboard boxes the N64, SNES, and GBA games they came in and they don't hold up well to being stored in bunches.
Makes sense for sure, and I can understand that, they're great for loose cart, but totally understandable on the less valuable games.

I used this website for my full NA Virtual Boy collection:

Quality was great. Bit pricy, but I only needed a limited number. Maybe see how it compares to other sites
I did order a bunch from them. Hoping for good results.

Still need to find better storage crates. The ones I have weren't of the best quality and didn't last as long as I'd like. Handles on most are broken, and I need a better way of stowing controllers, consoles, and cables.

I did order a bunch from them. Hoping for good results.

Still need to find better storage crates. The ones I have weren't of the best quality and didn't last as long as I'd like. Handles on most are broken, and I need a better way of stowing controllers, consoles, and cables.
Same. I'm just using cheap Walmart bins for everything... it gets messy with consoles and games don't stack perfectly. My Vectrex takes up an entire box

Back
Top Bottom