PC Raspberry Pi Gaming

Anyone have a RPi they use for emulation? I've got a Pi 4 from a couple years ago and I've played a bunch of games on it myself and with friends. Out of the box with an interface like Retropie you can't really cleanly run things more complicated than PSX/N64 (with N64 having its own other issues), but I've played games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon TCG, Snatcher, and others. It's not a perfect system, but I'm a little attached to the thing now just because I had to "put it together" (it's just a board, so putting the board in the case and doing the setup to get software on it and hook things up) it feels more personal like my desktop PC does.

Anyway though, I just heard a few days about the Pi 5 came out so I ordered one and I'll be trying that out when it comes in. Apparently it can run 100% of Dreamcast and PSP titles at full frame rate now and a lot of Gamecube support is coming with it being able to run some games at full frame rates as well. It's still early in the life cycle but if the Raspberry Pi can get to the point where it can run PS2/GCN at native resolution/speed that's going to be insane.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm vaguely interested in this sort of thing... but it's just another thing I don't have time for, plus no real experience in anything like it. This post is halfway to be convinced otherwise.
I have next to zero technical capabilities and I was able to make one pretty easily just by following steps on a website.

Took maybe a couple hours altogether.

...really need to find that website to figure out how to connect a new controller...

Back
Top Bottom