Ramen Noodles

Do you ever eat ramen?

noodles ramen GIF by HUANG'S WORLD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I am SO white and juvenile when it comes to my food tastes, so I’ve only had brick ramen. My idea of “fancy ramen” was what my friends would make after they got outta jail/prison. Anything you could think of to dress it up off of the commissary they’d grab on the outside after release. Especially the ones that did longer bids. You’d be surprised how long it takes for those guys to readjust.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I am SO white and juvenile when it comes to my food tastes, so I’ve only had brick ramen. My idea of “fancy ramen” was what my friends would make after they got outta jail/prison. Anything you could think of to dress it up off of the commissary they’d grab on the outside after release. Especially the ones that did longer bids. You’d be surprised how long it takes for those guys to readjust.
Damn some of the things people can come up with in prison is incredible! Making everything out of whatever they can get. Some pretty complex dishes, too!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Damn some of the things people can come up with in prison is incredible! Making everything out of whatever they can get. Some pretty complex dishes, too!

Oh yeah, that’s the only reason I tried it because I saw everything going into it. They’d fry up spam for protein, mix in hot sauces and seasonings, it was a whole process compared to just making the brick soggy and adding the packet.

Phoenix Wright

A Fool Fools Fool's Fools, Fool.
A proper tonkotsu ramen made by people who know what they're doing is one of the best things on the planet. I stopped by some hole in the wall place in Vegas, wish I could remember the name of it, where they just had Japanese street food. The Takoyaki and ramen were the best I'd ever had. It was in the small Chinatown area where they have the statue of Sun Wukong and his cohorts in the middle of it, if that helps anyone who knows the area.

I never ate instant ramen noodles like that and I will never do that.

If I want instant ramen, I'll fry up some frozen non breaded chicken tenders, get put a bunch of veggies, and some seasonings, and make some good instant ramen. I don't just do the packet anymore. I need to find ones that have the stuff you need to make tonkotsu ramen and find slices of pork belly like they serve in the restaurants.

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
Definitely miss ramen, and especially udon, from living in Japan.
Now I eat the brick ramen but instead of the seasoning packet I'll make it with a hondashi+mirin+soy sauce, or with a curry cube, and I'll often put an egg in it and/or some kind of seaweed like wakame.

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Definitely miss ramen, and especially udon, from living in Japan.
Now I eat the brick ramen but instead of the seasoning packet I'll make it with a hondashi+mirin+soy sauce, or with a curry cube, and I'll often put an egg in it and/or some kind of seaweed like wakame.
Do you know how to make the egg the way they do? I keep trying and failing. It's always too soft or too hard

Back
Top Bottom