Sony PS Plus Monthly Games

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
Just saw the email. Definitely excited to play PGA 2K23 — never really played golf games outside of Wii and Switch sports and Mario Golf 64.

Dreams looks interesting — sounds pretty open ended and looks pretty — anyone play that?

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I've heard interesting things about Dreams, would never buy but I've always liked playing things others created like LBP.

I'm most intrigued by Death's Door, though.

I don't get a lot of play time and I'm waiting for Sea of Stars on Extra before diving into anything crazy.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
I apparently already bought Death's Door, although I don't think I've played it. I must've wanted to at some point though.

I can't believe that golfing game is $100 full price. The most expensive PlayStation game I've ever seen is a golf game. Weird.
Hmm both posts have interest in Death’s Door… I’ll have to get to that too then.

I’m wondering why it’s listed a 100? It’s cheaper than some green fees maybe? Has everything extra?

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
I'm actually pretty stoked about the PGA game. I rarely play the monthly games, but I used to play golf games many years ago, so this is an exciting one for me.
I have a friend who sent me a video of it a couple weeks back and it looks fun and frustrating.

Same for me though, I saw it and thought “sweet.” Gives me hope for WWE to land on there.

I actually just decided today that I'm going to pick up WWE this weekend. It's another series that I used to play a lot as a kid, and I've sorta gotten back into wrestling in recent weeks. I'd like for it to show up on PS+, but I managed to get some pretty good trade-in credit for Super Mario 3D World, so I figure I'd take advantage and grab the latest WWE game (which is supposedly the best one in years). Also, it looks like it came out earlier this year, so I imagine we'd have to wait a while? Not sure how it works with games that release annually and ending up on PS+.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
I actually just decided today that I'm going to pick up WWE this weekend. It's another series that I used to play a lot as a kid, and I've sorta gotten back into wrestling in recent weeks. I'd like for it to show up on PS+, but I managed to get some pretty good trade-in credit for Super Mario 3D World, so I figure I'd take advantage and grab the latest WWE game (which is supposedly the best one in years). Also, it looks like it came out earlier this year, so I imagine we'd have to wait a while? Not sure how it works with games that release annually and ending up on PS+.
I’m not sure how it works either. I got a ps5 for Xmas and it’s my first Sony system since ps2.

I watched some random old wrestling on peacock… late 90s summer slams and wrestlemanias and really loved Warzone on n64/psx. It looks really good though and reviews are solid so I might drop the 40 or whatever on it.

I'm actually pretty stoked about the PGA game. I rarely play the monthly games, but I used to play golf games many years ago, so this is an exciting one for me.
Agree, always used to play the golf games when I had more time but no can't justify the investment so I'm excited to get this one.
From what I've seen it looks a fairly good game

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Also, it looks like it came out earlier this year, so I imagine we'd have to wait a while? Not sure how it works with games that release annually and ending up on PS+.
I've never noticed any rhyme or reason to it.. Sometimes games are on PS+ very quickly after release, sometimes not. And there's no guarantee it'll ever be a free monthly game, so I wouldn't want for anything you're excited to play.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
got through the tutorial on PGA — it’s fun. I went with the swing controls (seems like the choice has controversy attached to it). Lots of fun but I’m gonna get frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom