U.S.A. Pro or Anti Gypsy Rose Blanchard?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Damnit. I can’t escape this story. My other half has been in the rabbit hole for so long now that I’m beginning to contemplate coordinating a rescue effort.

First off, her mother seemed like a terrible human being that reminds me of a few mothers I’ve known over the years… one of which also manipulated her children in a very Munchausens by-proxy kinda way. HOWEVER, from what I learned of Gypsy’s involvement with the dude that ended up killing her… I can’t help but wonder if she’s at least a *little* bit smarter than she lets on. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and whatnot. Sure, she was clearly an extremely sheltered child, but she was also raised on attention and being in the spotlight in her own world. That sets a dangerous precedent, because without her mother… she has no way to retain that attention. Fast-forward to now, she has deals coming out of her ass, and a surprising presence on social media, as if she hasn’t missed a beat during incarceration. Clearly, she has handlers, and is being positioned to be a public figure for some reason.

Secondly… what the fuck is up with that dude that killed her mom? Everything I’ve seen paints him to be this daft dude, but as a man… I can’t see going after some woman with THAT many red flags unless I had some kind of predator mindset after seeing an emotionally and mentally stunted girl speak like a toddler.

Thirdly… her new husband. Gotta be a creep. No two ways about it. I don’t see the marriage lasting long after her newfound fame, and I fully expect to see that poor girl wind up on OF after seeing the photos she took of herself even back when her mother was alive. That need for attention and validation doesn’t just go *poof* one day, and we live in a very twisted world where there’s no shortage of dudes dying to jerk it to her for whatever reason.

It’s a messy situation all the way around, and I don’t believe she should have been imprisoned as a victim, but I don’t think she should be hailed as a hero either. It bothers me seeing people romanticized like this, we saw the same happen with all the ladies changing their drawers when the Jeffrey Dahmer specials were all the rage.

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
I was wondering when her name was going to come up here lol

I kept seeing her name all over my friends's social media's and finally just looked her up a couple weeks ago.

I just read a synopsis, so not current with whatever she's up to now that she's no longer incarcerated but I agree with @Mark

"But sHe'S a KiLlEr"

She was tortured and abused her entire life, and this was the only way for her to escape her horrible, horrible abuse. I don't think the world is a better place with her monstrous mother in it. She did what she had to do to survive, and I don't think she should've served time in prison in the first place.

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I have no issues with her out of prison. I think she was abused.

I do not understand the obsession people have with her though. She is very clearly a stunted individual. It was like all the people being surprised Britney Spears isn't a well adjusted person.

I do believe in people having the right to fail and justblive the best life they can, but that doesn't mean we are all obligated to watch them do it.

She's having her 15 minutes and I think even now some people are starting to see she is not a well adjusted person. How could she be a well adjusted person?

Her husband gives me creap vibes and she doesn't seem like the person that would know how to pick up on that.

She doesn't know how to not be the center of attention. I have a bad feeling this is all going to come crashing down for her. It's going to be a light switch being flicked off and all those cameras are going to disappear. She's going to have a group that's going to stick to her on the internet like a cult following and she may pop back up in the news if something goes off the rails.

I honestly don't think she feels any remorse on having her mother murdered and can understand this but at the same time it feels worrying. I have followed all this on a very surface level so I could be way off on this. I don't care enough to watch any of her stuff on my own, my not much a celebrity person.

Back
Top Bottom