Multi Persona 3 Reload

I just finished it... Hoo boy was that ending something. Wasn't expecting it to go as hard as it did. It doesn't surpass 5 but it comes really close.

The whole final months with aigis taking a bigger role was so good. Loved the cast as a whole. Might be the best in the series.

3 is my favorite in the series, the story is so fucking good.

It is a really good cast

I think 3 has the best story, 4 has the best cast (though 3 is close) and 5 has the best gameplay

All 3 have stellar soundtracks

The 2 duology is also fantastic, lacks the social links, but has a really good and mature story (and weird at times), wish it would get a proper remake, the combat is a tad slow, not a problem with emulators, but high encounter rate and frustrating demon contact system

I thought the story in 4 was my favorite on it's own. The murder mystery of it all was great but I didn't jive with the main party. The side characters were great though.

For me,

5 - Best music, best art style, best gameplay, best dungeons
4 - Best story
3 - Best cast, best ending, best setting, best dog

I loved the music in the first part of 3, but the latter soundtrack, while fitting, didn't stick with me. 5 is bangers everywhere. This is nitpicking because the series has the best music in gaming.

The 2 duology is also fantastic, lacks the social links, but has a really good and mature story (and weird at times), wish it would get a proper remake, the combat is a tad slow, not a problem with emulators, but high encounter rate and frustrating demon contact system
Word on the street, via alleged leakers, is that P2 is indeed getting a remake of sorts. Unclear on scope - they almost certainly aren't going to adapt it into the P3~5 model, which is good because that would suck - but yeah. Last I read, it's supposed to happen before P6 releases. So whether or not that's good timing or P6 is a hell of a wait away is anyone's guess. :chuckle

I loved the music in the first part of 3, but the latter soundtrack, while fitting, didn't stick with me. 5 is bangers everywhere. This is nitpicking because the series has the best music in gaming.
They changed a ton of the music for P3 in Reload, and... honestly not really for the better from the (still) relatively little I've heard. It sort of has the same problem P1-PSP had, where the revised soundtrack kind of works against the tone and vibe the game's story is trying to put down. Though not anywhere near as bad; P1-PSP is completely and utterly jarring (even though the music, outside that context, is good).

Might be worth hitting up the FES/Portable OST on YouTube or something, for comparison if nothing else.

Memories of You/Kimi no Kioku is still probably my favorite ending credits theme in all of gaming.

Bonus: Someone did a localized/inspired-by English cover many years ago that is also amazing:

Word on the street, via alleged leakers, is that P2 is indeed getting a remake of sorts. Unclear on scope - they almost certainly aren't going to adapt it into the P3~5 model, which is good because that would suck - but yeah. Last I read, it's supposed to happen before P6 releases. So whether or not that's good timing or P6 is a hell of a wait away is anyone's guess. :chuckle
This would be awesome, love the characters in the duology.

Maybe
Hitler
can even get a social link

Back
Top Bottom