People being rude/annoying at the cinema

My biggest annoyance is paying the price of a ticket ONLY to not be able to focus completely on the movie because people think it's okay to have a chit-chat or use their phone during the movie with the flash on their phone.

There is plenty of cafes in our small town if they want to talk to each other. The cinema isn't the place to do it.

I could easily watch a movie on Netflix or other online sites BUT it's fun to be able to go to the cinema and watch a film on a big screen.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don’t like movie theaters. My first job was at a family company that specialized in custom residential and commercial upholstery, so from the age of 14-28 I lived and breathed working on movie theater seats from across the country… and lemme tell you… the shit you find stuffed in movie theater seats and embedded in them will make you WISH it was actual shit. We also had the privilege of being the lock-out/clean-out crew on the east coast for AMC for about a decade, where we did corporate takeovers of underperforming franchises under the guise of service calls. The conditions of the foodservice area and bathroom facilities were ALWAYS deplorable on lock-out day, when management were unaware of our arrival and didn’t have time to prepare.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I don’t like movie theaters. My first job was at a family company that specialized in custom residential and commercial upholstery, so from the age of 14-28 I lived and breathed working on movie theater seats from across the country… and lemme tell you… the shit you find stuffed in movie theater seats and embedded in them will make you WISH it was actual shit. We also had the privilege of being the lock-out/clean-out crew on the east coast for AMC for about a decade, where we did corporate takeovers of underperforming franchises under the guise of service calls. The conditions of the foodservice area and bathroom facilities were ALWAYS deplorable on lock-out day, when management were unaware of our arrival and didn’t have time to prepare.
Disgusted Ew GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I was one of those little shits but we didn't really aim to disrupt.

When Four Brothers came out in theatres, me and some buddies snuck in some beers to see it.

After finishing a couple beers, I needed to take a piss but didn't want to miss part of the movie.

...so I used one of the empty beer bottles.

...and then the movie got really quiet and it could be heard.

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder

When Four Brothers came out in theatres, me and some buddies snuck in some beers to see it.

After finishing a couple beers, I needed to take a piss but didn't want to miss part of the movie.

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Cupidon'sNakeyHeinie

Cunnysseur
GW Elder

Cupidon is already thinking how to work this into your story... :thinking

• Seen
Reactions: TD
I've only gone to theaters recently to see kids movies and I do the earliest times so its mostly families and small children so they make noise but its expected and not malicious.

The last movie I saw for myself had a few teenagers kicked out. I'm thinking that's a normal thing, not just the one time I went.

I went a lot as a teen and was never disruptive but it was generally a teen hangout if the movie was above PG, so it was expected. I won't go anymore for myself.

Back
Top Bottom