Sensitive Parents arrested for raping 15 year-old daughter because it was "safer than sex with strangers"

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder

Their daughter was caught sending pictures to people of herself in sexual situations, so instead of explaining why it was wrong and how dangerous that can be, her mother and stepfather, her guardians charges with keeping her safe, repeatedly raped and abused her for more than a year because "it was safer than her having sex with strangers." Just what the fuck????

The victim’s stepfather was arrested for forcible sexual abuse, forcible sodomy, object rape and rape. The victim’s mother was arrested for forcible sexual abuse, forcible sodomy and object rape. Both parents are in their 30s.
I hope they both get repeatedly sodomized in prison. How monstrous, and they kept it up for a year! That poor girl! I hope she gets all the help she needs and finds peace, with someone that cares about her.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
comedy central workaholics season 1 finale GIF by Workaholics

Yep, this is the exact thing capital punishment is (supposed to be) for. Very open and shut cases where there is objectively no possible hope for reform.

I mean there's the moral failings of society as a whole to take the life of a person that is presently no longer a threat. But given the subject matter... give me the weapon, I'll do it my goddamn self.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yep, this is the exact thing capital punishment is (supposed to be) for. Very open and shut cases where there is objectively no possible hope for reform.

I mean there's the moral failings of society as a whole to take the life of a person that is presently no longer a threat. But given the subject matter... give me the weapon, I'll do it my goddamn self.
I'd almost see capital punishment more as solace for the victims in these cases. If you're the victim of such a heinous crime, it's going to be so very hard to get over the trauma and move on, without having some anxiety that they're still out there and could do it again. I'd think knowing that who harmed you has been executed and no longer exists could do a lot.

Probably a lot of mixed feelings when those people are your parents, though.

Truly a horrible story.

I'd almost see capital punishment more as solace for the victims in these cases. If you're the victim of such a heinous crime, it's going to be so very hard to get over the trauma and move on, without having some anxiety that they're still out there and could do it again. I'd think knowing that who harmed you has been executed and no longer exists could do a lot.

Probably a lot of mixed feelings when those people are your parents, though.
It's kind of strange, in that seemingly the victims/their family of capital punishment cases are usually not in favor of the death penalty. Like insofar that the person is already behind bars, they can't hurt anybody and killing them won't undo what's been done - just add more suffering. With the added considerations of 1) the perpetrator having to think about why they are where they are for the rest of their lives and 2) the victim/family not having to keep hearing about it and reliving it over and over as the perpetrator goes through and exhausts their appeals (while the news incessantly reports on it).

Not really applicable here, just... one of those things where my mind goes places.

I think we'd all be better off if these "parents" were already gone.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It's kind of strange, in that seemingly the victims/their family of capital punishment cases are usually not in favor of the death penalty. Like insofar that the person is already behind bars, they can't hurt anybody and killing them won't undo what's been done - just add more suffering. With the added considerations of 1) the perpetrator having to think about why they are where they are for the rest of their lives and 2) the victim/family not having to keep hearing about it and reliving it over and over as the perpetrator goes through and exhausts their appeals (while the news incessantly reports on it).

Not really applicable here, just... one of those things where my mind goes places.

I think we'd all be better off if these "parents" were already gone.

That really depends on how you want to look at it, because I’ve always wondered if those people really believed that… or if they were guilt-tripped into believing that two wrongs don’t make a right, whether it be via religious beliefs or the interviewer supporting an oppositional stance on the death penalty. For example, I don’t see Fox News asking an interviewee if they feel the murderer of their child should be executed.

That really depends on how you want to look at it, because I’ve always wondered if those people really believed that… or if they were guilt-tripped into believing that two wrongs don’t make a right, whether it be via religious beliefs or the interviewer supporting an oppositional stance on the death penalty. For example, I don’t see Fox News asking an interviewee if they feel the murderer of their child should be executed.
I'm sure religious beliefs play a huge role, yeah. And beyond that the belief in being a Good Person™ or in the justice system itself being appropriate punishment given how... decidedly not kind that is.

Proponents against Capital Punishment, of course, have additional thoughts - like how truly "humane" the employed methods are. Which is to say that they aren't, at all, and the trauma inflicted on the correctional staff and audience (do they still even do audiences? IDK) far outweighs the potential relief.

But, again, thankfully not in this position myself!
And am extraordinarily pro-violence, besides. 👀

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I don't think they should get the death penalty. That's an easy way out unless you believe in a literal hell. Let them suffer in prison for the rest of their very long lives.

I also don't trust our government with the ability to murder people. There's no such thing as 100% sure. Pretty much all evidence can be faked nowadays, and confessions are often coerced. There's no benefit to it and lots of risk and extra costs.

Foxy

There aren't enough words to accurately describe the depth of these so called parent's depravity. May they never see the light of day or freedom ever again.

Last edited:
I don't think they should get the death penalty. That's an easy way out unless you believe in a literal hell. Let them suffer in prison for the rest of their very long lives.

I also don't trust our government with the ability to murder people. There's no such thing as 100% sure. Pretty much all evidence can be faked nowadays, and confessions are often coerced. There's no benefit to it and lots of risk and extra costs.
I think it’s weird that we want capital punishment for sex crimes. Or how we will literally forgive people for homicide before rape/incest/pedophilia.

That might sound like I’m trying to minimize those horrible crimes, but I’m not. If anything I think society in general needs a harder stance in some areas, particularly how so many people are too ready to believe in a rapist’s innocence and shame a victim for what they wear or other idiotic things like that. Just saying that it’s weird and unnerving to me how readily people will flip off that switch in their brains that will turn their humanity off in regards to another person once they do believe in the guilt of a sex crime.

Throw them in jail, give them a loooooooooong prison sentence, and make survivors feel emboldened and encouraged to nail these fuckers. Just knock it off with the mob-mentality or literal calls for lynching or vigilante justice.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I think it’s weird that we want capital punishment for sex crimes. Or how we will literally forgive people for homicide before rape/incest/pedophilia.

That might sound like I’m trying to minimize those horrible crimes, but I’m not. If anything I think society in general needs a harder stance in some areas, particularly how so many people are too ready to believe in a rapist’s innocence and shame a victim for what they wear or other idiotic things like that. Just saying that it’s weird and unnerving to me how readily people will flip off that switch in their brains that will turn their humanity off in regards to another person once they do believe in the guilt of a sex crime.

Throw them in jail, give them a loooooooooong prison sentence, and make survivors feel emboldened and encouraged to nail these fuckers. Just knock it off with the mob-mentality or literal calls for lynching or vigilante justice.

I’ve thought about this before when stories like this come out that elicit such an emotional reaction and I’ve really only come up with a handful of thoughts that make sense to me.

The first obvious reason that came to mind was the fact that there are more parents than sexual assault victims, so it’s easier for parents to empathize with the parents of the victim, with the exception of this instance, where the opposite is the case and most can’t wrap their heads around why a parent would do something like this. I can’t think of many parents that wouldn’t have a violent thought about someone violating their child.

The second reason is sexual assault crimes have either climbed at an astronomical rate, or they’re being reported more. It’s hard to encounter someone who doesn’t at least know a victim of a sexual assault, if they aren’t one themselves.

The third, robbing a child of their innocence is generally regarded to as an unforgivable crime. I’ve known plenty of hardened criminals over the course of my life. Barring addicts and the criminally desperate, there’s a code. That’s why pedophiles don’t last long in prison. The simple fact is… a drug dealer has customers willfully purchasing their drugs, a career thief steals a drop in a corporation’s bucket. A pedophile doesn’t have a willing victim, just like a rapist of an adult.

Personally, I don’t see a distinction between why a murderer should die over a pedophile or vice-versa, but there’s more of a chance to find a nuance justifying a murderer’s actions than a pedophile’s. If someone murders me thinking that I have a knot of money in pocket, only to find out that my pocket was empty, they still did it under the presumption that there was something there. There’s no chance for that kind of benefit of the doubt for a pedophile.

Last edited:

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Personally, I don’t see a distinction between why a murderer should die over a pedophile or vice-versa,
If you mean in a legal sense, one reason not to kill rapists is it gives them an incentive to kill their victims. If the punishment can get no worse, you may as well get rid of the witness.

If you mean from a morality sense, it's hard to think of something worse than parents torturing their own children. This kid is going to be fucked up for life. Does she even have anybody she can trust? Does she have a safe home to go to? (The article probably says, but I don't have the stomach to read it.)

Killing someone can be done in a moment of rage or weakness. This was premeditated and repeatedly went on for a year. There's no possible defense for that.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
If you mean in a legal sense, one reason not to kill rapists is it gives them an incentive to kill their victims. If the punishment can get no worse, you may as well get rid of the witness.

You’re absolutely right about that.

If you mean from a morality sense, it's hard to think of something worse than parents torturing their own children. This kid is going to be fucked up for life. Does she even have anybody she can trust? Does she have a safe home to go to? (The article probably says, but I don't have the stomach to read it.)

Exactly. I’ve known far too many people who have been sexually assaulted to have any sympathy for the perpetrator, and that was before becoming a father. I won’t speak for how I’d handle a situation like that, considering they wouldn’t be the first sex offender I put hands on.

Killing someone can be done in a moment of rage or weakness. This was premeditated and repeatedly went on for a year. There's no possible defense for that.

Absolutely none, and the only one we’ll hear IF there is one is some horse shit mental health/illness excuse that exploits every single person struggling with mental health issues and paints them in a light like they’re comparable to that kind of sick shit.

The persons motivation for the crime is immaterial to me. What matters is the damage to the victim.

I don’t think there is any rational reason to place a murderer above a rapist, there is only the “ick“ factor that comes with it, especially strong with pedophilia. It’s an emotional argument, not a logical one. I have two small children and two small stepchildren, I would much rather one of them be raped than murdered. As horrendous as child molestation is, at least they will still be able to grow up albeit with trauma.

The overwhelming majority of sexual assaults go unreported. When they are reported, people routinely do not believe the victim or tear their life apart in an effort to undermine their credibility. When the very few do make it to court, very few convictions or pleas are had historically.

Statistically speaking if anyone does anything to young people within our care, they will never receive justice. In light of that fact, well, what other recourse is there? And I'm not saying that's the right answer - as fucking heinous as it is, the father of a rape victim is vastly more likely to be convicted of murdering that rapist than the rapist would have been of being tried or convicted. This does further hurt the victim, and does not offer them any solace.

There is zero hope of anything within the justice system getting better for minimally half the country. Plus, thanks to abortion fuckery, women that are raped get fun new trauma on top of everything that already existed:

I dunno... you feel like at least talking about some vigilante justice in light of that? It's an entirely different thing to do it, but, obviously I'll get to that in a moment.

Personally, I don’t see a distinction between why a murderer should die over a pedophile or vice-versa, but there’s more of a chance to find a nuance justifying a murderer’s actions than a pedophile’s.
This will be the crux of the matter for most. Murder for pleasure - of any variety, not just sexual - is extraordinarily rare. Rape is always for pleasure or "punishment." We are not, by default, counting all forms of rape as rape - when we say rape, we mean like in the article here. Not lower-classification ratings such as two teens having sex, but one being slightly too old or too young - that's still icky, potentially. But if there isn't force and/or malicious intent (i.e., repeat offense likely) then I would not hold anywhere near as solid an opinion on executing them.

However

I must point out here that lumping pedophilia - or even hebephilia, if we're going to go all nitty-gritty and make each other throw up in our mouths (please don't) - in with general rape immensely skews things in favor of Capital Punishment. Conversion Therapy is not legitimate; you can not shock and torture someone and make them not be sexually attracted to something. Ergo, if you believe that homosexuality is not something that can be "cured," then the same holds true for other sexual inclinations - including having sex with children. Once a person has raped a child, there is no reform. There is only the removal of their ability to have sexual desire or there is death.

At least that's what I think. If you want to argue the finer points, knock yourselves out - I've said my piece on it.

In theory, yes. But not in practice. The overwhelming majority of people do not actually have the capacity to kill intentionally. This is made easier, of course, thanks to firearms... but even there? Bootcamp and the like - literally tearing down and rebuilding a person's psyche/personality through conditioning - exists in part because of the phenomenon of soldiers being unwilling to fire at each other. Soldiers!

As mentioned above, it's incredibly easy to talk a big game when it comes to theoretical situations. It's another thing entirely to follow through on the act - and, even greater still, to be able to live with yourself after it's done.

The persons motivation for the crime is immaterial to me. What matters is the damage to the victim.

I don’t think there is any rational reason to place a murderer above a rapist, there is only the “ick“ factor that comes with it, especially strong with pedophilia. It’s an emotional argument, not a logical one. I have two small children and two small stepchildren, I would much rather one of them be raped than murdered. As horrendous as child molestation is, at least they will still be able to grow up albeit with trauma.
So I need to... preface this, I think? Insofar that I like and respect you, Ants, and that I don't want this to come off the wrong way?

But I think this is incredibly selfish from a practical standpoint.

Granted, obviously, you - we all - would prefer neither would happen.

But "trauma" does not quite do justice to what we may potentially be talking about victim-to-victim. Lifelong PTSD, depression, anxiety, night terrors. Never being able to be intimate with another human. Succumbing to suicide and dying anyway. Contracting STIs, being made pregnant (not necessarily a concern depending age but...), crippling trust and self-esteem issues.

Functionally, a child being murdered makes the parent/family sad. But the child may not actually feel anything in the process of being murdered... and, well, sometimes that can be preferable to the alternatives.

Mental health is extraordinarily serious and delicate.

I already addressed that so it’s a moot point to make.
Which is what the rest was for.

The social contract doesn't mean anything if it's not adhered to by both ends. Telling people to do something they can't affect and shut up about the rest isn't particularly conducive to anything, y'know?

Back
Top Bottom