PC Oxygen Not Included

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
I have gotten addicted to this game, send help!
Has anyone played this game? Management games are my favorite games but I always ignored ONI until now. However, this game is actuallt legit. It does look cute and cartoony but oh boy it is probably one of the most complicated and in depth games I have ever played. The entire goal is running a self sustaining colony of artificial humans or dupes with limited resources. You start with simple stuff and before you know it, you are trying to figure out how to choose materials for different applications based on their specific heat and thermal conductivity.
You can tame various fictional animals (like a teddy bear like one that poops dirt!), do some farming (like a plant that only lives in hydrogen) and even travel to another planets with rockets.
There are so many legit scientific mechanics in the game, it really tickles my engineering brain. An example is using the fact that hydrogen is lighter than oxygen to design a device that produces oxygen and is powered by the produced hydrogen.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
It's been years since i touched the game. A boat load of fun for sure. At least at the time there was no way you could become self sufficient at all. You'd always bleed water and oxygen and would have to keep digging around for new resources. Idk if that's changed now as there's been quite a few dlcs since then.

I'd have to play the game again to offer any proper help. I kind of remember the buildings there are and what they do but how and where to build those is the question. Like a basic thing with your algae farm for oxygen. You want to try to have that at the bottom of your area and have small holes through the floor for upper areas. As there's proper physics for gasses and liquids, the oxygen made will rise up and populate the whole area if there's enough of it. And carbon dioxide will fall down.

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
It's been years since i touched the game. A boat load of fun for sure. At least at the time there was no way you could become self sufficient at all. You'd always bleed water and oxygen and would have to keep digging around for new resources. Idk if that's changed now as there's been quite a few dlcs since then.

I'd have to play the game again to offer any proper help. I kind of remember the buildings there are and what they do but how and where to build those is the question. Like a basic thing with your algae farm for oxygen. You want to try to have that at the bottom of your area and have small holes through the floor for upper areas. As there's proper physics for gasses and liquids, the oxygen made will rise up and populate the whole area if there's enough of it. And carbon dioxide will fall down.
Basically there are various geysers that will provide endless resources like natural gas, molten metal and polluted water. Also, there was only one dlc but many free updates.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Basically there are various geysers that will provide endless resources like natural gas, molten metal and polluted water. Also, there was only one dlc but many free updates.
From what I remember, those run out too, right? Or is that an update thing that I dont know about? I had looked up stuff from folks trying to get as close to self sufficiency as possible, but at the time it wasn't possible.

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
From what I remember, those run out too, right? Or is that an update thing that I dont know about? I had looked up stuff from folks trying to get as close to self sufficiency as possible, but at the time it wasn't possible.
No, they become active and go dormant for like tens of cycles and they activate again. You just need to store as much as you need each time. On each map there are at least one gas, molten metal and liquid geyser as well as oil well so it is possible to become self sufficient.
There Is also the concept of wild farming where crops do not need any resources (but grow slower)!

Back
Top Bottom