Resolved Ordering your badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I think if you go into your badges and un-feature them by clicking on the megaphone beside them you can then re-feature them in the order you want...I think...by clicking the megaphone again.

1704174421256.png

I think if you go into your badges and un-feature them by clicking on the megaphone beside them you can then re-feature them in the order you want...I think...by clicking the megaphone again.

View attachment 5662
All the feature does is make a singular badge display. As far as I've seen, the order is simply the order in which they were awarded.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Awkward Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Exactly. I went through to double check, and there’s no way to do that without creating a whole new badge “weight” system that’s user-definable, and that’s quite an undertaking for something like reordering the badges manually.

Reactions: TD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Well, the best thing I can compare it to is what used to be referred to as “forum weights” on vBulletin, nowadays it’s just referred to as display order, but its functionality is the same:

IMG_5716.jpeg

So, there you have the Community Related category, it’s listed as 1, so it appears at the top.

Then, below that, you have the Forum News forum, same deal…

IMG_5717.jpeg

So, essentially, we’d have to recreate that same system for the badges on the admin panel end, configure a permission set to control it so everyone can’t edit everyone else’s badges, configure a UI for the members to edit it from their profile, and then edit every area that profile data appears to include the modified badge order.

Granted, this is a gross oversimplification of what would need to be done, but it still seems like a hell of a lot of steps for what it would accomplish… unless I’m missing an easier method to it.

Well, the best thing I can compare it to is what used to be referred to as “forum weights” on vBulletin, nowadays it’s just referred to as display order, but its functionality is the same:

View attachment 5677

So, there you have the Community Related category, it’s listed as 1, so it appears at the top.

Then, below that, you have the Forum News forum, same deal…

View attachment 5678

So, essentially, we’d have to recreate that same system for the badges on the admin panel end, configure a permission set to control it so everyone can’t edit everyone else’s badges, configure a UI for the members to edit it from their profile, and then edit every area that profile data appears to include the modified badge order.

Granted, this is a gross oversimplification of what would need to be done, but it still seems like a hell of a lot of steps for what it would accomplish… unless I’m missing an easier method to it.
Season 5 No GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom